View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 21st, 2014, 3:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
 Are there any can't miss LT's available this year? 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Are there any can't miss LT's available this year?
I feel like puking. But, Backus has proven that he is crap this year. Maybe some year we will be able to fix our defense. But, first we have to fix, yet another, Millen misfire. Now that our #1 overall $48Million QB probably needs surgery and may have problems with his knee for the rest of his career. ( It's sounding like he tore more of his knee up than first thought.)

We better fix the O-line. So that probably means LT in the 1st and a Guard in the 2nd.

October 18th, 2009, 5:27 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Nope. I'm really not impressed with any of them. Okung is rated the highest, but even he has question marks.

October 18th, 2009, 8:45 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Honestly it is not a great crop. Charles Brown of USC is my top guy.

October 18th, 2009, 11:11 pm
Stallion... I like Charles Brown as well... He's probably the most pure top notch LT that I've seen so far.

I also like Trent Williams (Sooners). He's more of a RT than a LT, but I think he's been playing LT as of late. He started a bunch of games at RT as a freshman and kept the job at RT until they moved him to LT last year. I haven't seen much of him this year, but I think he's still playing LT. If he comes to play the position as well as he played RT I think he may be the best OT in the draft.

October 19th, 2009, 12:29 pm

wjb, Trent Williams didn't move from RT to LT until this year. Phil Loadholt was Oklahoma's starting LT last season. IMO, Williams would be better off playing RT in the NFL since he has a tendency to struggle with speed rushers. I do think he would be a great RT though.

There's a couple of OTs that I've been hearing a lot about, but have yet to see them play. They are Anthony Davis from Rutgers and Bruce Campbell from Maryland. Has anybody seen them, and if so, what do you think?

October 19th, 2009, 1:25 pm
RIP Killer

I've watched Davis only briefly (and by briefly, I mean one game last week while drinking free beer at a bar).

He looked pretty damn good...but as with any Big East football team...talent level is questionable.

October 19th, 2009, 3:51 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I have heard Davis isn't playing like people though he would. Another guy I would like to see play some time this year is Nick Solder of Colorado

October 19th, 2009, 4:40 pm
QB Coach

http://www.umterps.com/sports/m-footbl/ ... uce00.html

Here's some info on Bruce. Despite being a UMD alum, I haven't payed too much attention to his play. The team stinks this year so it's been hard to watch. The last big name tackle to come out of Maryland was Jared Gaither who has been pretty solid taking over for Jonathan Ogden, aside from being injured this year. From what I have heard and read about Campbell he could be a decent LT and could be had in the second or third round.

October 19th, 2009, 4:52 pm
Bubbles the Lion

I am not a big fan of getting a LT in this draft. There is 1 too many good LOG in the later rounds and our D needs a top pick more than someone with Gonorrhea needs penicillin.
Get a good DT in the top 5, where we should be, get a good DE or DB in the second round and then if there is no D player that slipped get a Mike Johnson from Bama or wait till the 4th for a top 3 LG that slipped.
I dislike Backus as much as everyone else but instead of a 'maybe' LT in the 3 or 4 round why not get a sure thing that we need anyway?

October 23rd, 2009, 7:26 am

I finally saw Anthony Davis last night against Army and I was somewhat impressed. Granted, he was playing against an undersized team, so that has to be taken into consideration. He was an absolute beast in the running game and played fairly well in pass protection. There were a couple of times that he was beaten to the edge by smaller, quicker players, but he didn't allow a sack. Another note is that he didn't start due to disciplinary reasons. I have no idea what he did, but I don't think it was THAT serious or else he probably wouldn't have played at all.

Since there is usually a run on OTs, I figure he'll go in the mid to late 1st round, but if he falls to the 2nd, the Lions would have to atleast consider him.

October 24th, 2009, 10:46 am
Mr. Irrelevant

Okung has some question marks but he is clearly the best LT prospect in this draft...

October 24th, 2009, 4:26 pm
Team MVP

Ive only got a chance to watch Okung once this year, and that ONE time wasnt enough for me to grade him. But the way the scouting reports make it sound is that hes a very good LT prospect and can start at LT from day one in the NFL. In case no one read or listend to one of Kawalskis articles, hes pretty high on Okung and thinks the Lions should take him and instead of starting him right away, put him at LG with Backus still at LT, then when Okung proves hes better than Backus, put Okung at LT and Backus at LG, therefore improving both positions.

Not a bad idea i guess. Personally, i dont think Backus is much help no matter where we stick him.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

November 22nd, 2009, 12:42 pm
I've been keeping my eye on Trent Williams and I've liked everything I've seen of him so far.

Sly, his bio and writeups that I've seen of Trent have said that he played some LT last year... I don't know if Loadholt went down for a game or was sat for a game to protect him or something like that, but the reports I've read were that he did play LT for a couple of games last year... They could be wrong though... Still, I like what I've seen of him so far this year...

I would be happy with Okung too... I realize our defensive needs, but our offense is putrid and it is only due to a couple of positions (one OT and one OG would be HUGE). Our defense is putrid, but we need 4-5 new starters on D...

November 22nd, 2009, 4:39 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

any thoughts on selvish capers west virginia?

November 22nd, 2009, 6:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]