View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 19th, 2014, 11:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next
 Various Mock Draft Thread 
RIP Killer

Welcome Over. Your thoughts match up with the majority over here about Draft Suh or Trade down. And I believe trade down from #2 is what he meant when he mentioned Rolo McClain and Graham, Like Trading #2 for something out of the top 10.

In order for the Lions to get out of the top ten, they'd have to trade back twice or even three times. To get into the range of where Brandon Graham has value it would take three times, easy. Not that it can't be done, but I don't see the Lions pulling that off.

The idea of not taking Suh and trading back may not bring a good taste into your mouth, but considering that they could possibly end up with two or three additional starters out of the deal would be quite good.

I like Ndamukong Suh, and I have been wanting the Lions to take him. But you have to look at the overall picture. Even when we had Shaun Rogers here, our defense wasn't good because we didn't have quality starters surrounding him. Not Pro Bowlers, just starters that were good by NFL standards. We had Barry.....same thing, everybody around him was ho-hum and the Lions never got over the hump.

What this team needs, more than any individual superstar, is to get starting quality players. Build through the draft is what most people are saying. The talent in this draft is such that more than a few holes can be plugged. I guarantee you that getting Dan Williams instead of Ndamukong Suh, with the addition of a couple other key starters, will make a bigger impact for this defense than getting just Suh and not getting too much other talent.

If the Lions were to choose not to trade down and they do take Suh, I wouldn't be terribly upset. But I can only wonder how much more we could have reaped from this draft if they had traded down and collected picks.

I recall that Denver offered us a kings ransom for the rights to drafting Calvin Johnson. And while I understand Calvin is a rare talent, he hasn't helped us get any good. I can only now wonder what type of haul we would have gotten in the draft that year if the deal had not been squashed. Of course, with Millen doing the drafting, I'm sure it would have been an utter disaster.

March 10th, 2010, 4:07 pm
Head Cheerleader

Welcome Over. Your thoughts match up with the majority over here about Draft Suh or Trade down. And I believe trade down from #2 is what he meant when he mentioned Rolo McClain and Graham, Like Trading #2 for something out of the top 10.

Yeah that is what I meant. Getting both of Seattle or SF's first round picks for the #2 pick

March 10th, 2010, 4:09 pm
RIP Killer

DJ-B wrote:

Yeah that is what I meant. Getting both of Seattle or SF's first round picks for the #2 pick

That would be ideal IMO, but I don't see that scenario playing through.

March 10th, 2010, 4:10 pm
Team MVP

I knew Seattle had two, but what picks does SF have?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 10th, 2010, 5:15 pm
Div 1 - Starter

DJ-B wrote:

Ok. My bad. :oops:

I would definitely remain stable with a Spiller/Dan Williams or Spiller/Kyle Wilson combo platter in place of the Suh-nami. But I would buy a Suh jersey in .0000000001 seconds.

My favorite day ever as a Lions fan.

Somehow landing the Ndamo-nator would be the second best day ever.

March 10th, 2010, 5:18 pm
RIP Killer

Seattle has 6 and 14, San Francisco has 13 and 17

March 10th, 2010, 9:20 pm
Team MVP

kdsberman wrote:

Any of those would be great. If we traded with one of those teams for both of their first rounders, I believe that is much more worth it than drafting one player.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

March 10th, 2010, 9:53 pm
NFL Team Captain

m2karateman wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

Any of those would be great. If we traded with one of those teams for both of their first rounders, I believe that is much more worth it than drafting one player.

The problem with trading with those guys is that they have the same problem we have, they have a lot of holes to fill too. I'd love to see us pull off the trade with Seattle in particular and take Eric Berry / Dan Williams, but again If I were Seattle I'm sitting there waiting on the QB that falls and the BPA at 14. Hate to be a downer.

March 10th, 2010, 10:10 pm
RIP Killer

The problem with trading with those guys is that they have the same problem we have, they have a lot of holes to fill too. I'd love to see us pull off the trade with Seattle in particular and take Eric Berry / Dan Williams, but again If I were Seattle I'm sitting there waiting on the QB that falls and the BPA at 14. Hate to be a downer.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Seattle isn't signing Brandon Marshall to an offer sheet because they don't want to give up the #6 pick for him. They might offer Denver the #14 pick, but it remains to be seen if Denver will accept it.

Both teams have minimal, if any, interest in moving up. They would end up paying more for one player than they would for two, particularly in the case of San Francisco.

March 11th, 2010, 12:01 pm
Team MVP

Just a random thought, but you think SF would trade #13 OR #17 + Clements for our #2?

Also, reading the reports on Okung's workout, he apparently looked really good and the impression I got is the Lions thought he looked very good too. Heck, they know more than I do, if they feel hes worth it, i support them, thought I think #2 is too high.

March 11th, 2010, 8:09 pm
RIP Killer

Just a random thought, but you think SF would trade #13 OR #17 + Clements for our #2?

NOT interested. Clements is starting to slow down and is struggling at the CB spot now. SF has talked about moving him to FS this season. If they don't land a suitable safety in the first couple rounds, they'll go CB in round three. But I fully expect them to try and draft at least one corner and one safety. Now, if they want to trade both picks plus a decent younger player off their roster, I'd be listening. But who would SF have targeted with the #2 pick?

kdsberman wrote:
Also, reading the reports on Okung's workout, he apparently looked really good and the impression I got is the Lions thought he looked very good too. Heck, they know more than I do, if they feel hes worth it, i support them, thought I think #2 is too high.

Like I said in another post, after the glowing endorsement Schwartz gave Backus after the season, if they took Okung he'd look like a complete schmuck and would lose some of the locker room trust. Besides which, I don't think he's a better OT than Suh or McCoy are DTs.

March 11th, 2010, 10:27 pm
Team MVP

overmier10 wrote:
DJ-B wrote:

Ok. My bad. :oops:

I would definitely remain stable with a Spiller/Dan Williams or Spiller/Kyle Wilson combo platter in place of the Suh-nami. But I would buy a Suh jersey in .0000000001 seconds.

Ya know, the more I think of it, the more I like that idea, or something similar. Personally, id prefer Iupati over getting Spiller, but either or wouldnt be bad.

The way I think of it, we just upgraded our d-line to make it "better", its not dominant by any means. So to me, id rather get 2 first rounders rather than take ONE player.

March 13th, 2010, 10:39 am
RIP Killer

Latest Mock Draft from Draft Tek looks something like this for the Lions:

1. DT Ndamukong Suh
2. OG Maurkice Pouncey
3. RB Jonathan Dwyer
4. CB Syd'quan Thompson
5. OT Sam Young
7. DE Arthur Moats
7c. SS Kyle McCarthy

Based on their picks, I like the first two selections....I'm undecided on the third, and I don't really like the remainder.

My preference would be:
1. DT Ndamukong Suh

2. OG Maurkice Pouncey

3. CB Perrish Cox
Some character issues, but if they're looking at Pac-man, how bad could this guy be?

4. RB LeGarrette Blount
He has taken too much of a tumble based on one incident. His skill far outweighs the risk in this round.

5. SS Myron Rolle
Smart guy, needs to get back into the game to start performing better.

7. OT Thomas Welch
Last minute entry into the Senior Bowl actually performed pretty well on short notice.

7c. DE Hall Davis
Small school player (Louisiana-Lafayette) who has prototypical size (6'4", 270) was able to put up 225 lbs 27 times, and had a 34.5" vertical leap. Not great, but not bad for a "Mr. Irrelevant".

March 23rd, 2010, 11:36 am
RIP Killer

http://www.lionbacker.com/index.asp?id= ... -forummock

The Lionbacker forum members GM mock thread is posted. Special thanks to Sly for organizing everything and tracking the picks. Thanks also to everyone who acted as a GM.

March 28th, 2010, 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
NFL Veteran

http://www.lionbacker.com/index.asp?id=articles&sub=100328-forummock

The Lionbacker forum members GM mock thread is posted. Special thanks to Sly for organizing everything and tracking the picks. Thanks also to everyone who acted as a GM.

Adding Suh and Dunlap? What a dline!

March 28th, 2010, 11:21 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 14  Next