View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 11:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Various Mock Draft Thread 
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I have to say barring trades the first 12 picks in that draft are probably dead on.

March 29th, 2010, 12:03 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

Started out great for the Lions in the first 2 rounds, but then dropped off miserably in the 3rd and 4th.

March 29th, 2010, 12:41 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I have to say barring trades the first 12 picks in that draft are probably dead on.

I would be Very suprised to see Denver pass oN Dez Bryant after losing B Marshall, so would expect that at #11, but the top 10 is pretty dead on.

liontrax wrote:
Started out great for the Lions in the first 2 rounds, but then dropped off miserably in the 3rd and 4th.

I wouldnt mind Perrish Cox in the 3rd if we dont get a CB in rd 2.

March 29th, 2010, 3:01 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Walk On

Stallion wrote:

I would be Very suprised to see Denver pass oN Dez Bryant after losing B Marshall, so would expect that at #11, but the top 10 is pretty dead on.

liontrax wrote:

I wouldnt mind Perrish Cox in the 3rd if we dont get a CB in rd 2.

The problem is Cox I didn't think was great value that high in the third. If the draft is even semi similar when Mayhew is on the clock i fully expect a running back to get picked there. But as a group we felt that CB worries were worth stretching out and getting Cox. I had leave before the the 4th pick (sorry Sly thought it we were only doing 3 rounds, guess you guys felt you need the opportunity to pick a RB) so I don't know if that was a stretch as well, though it doesn't seem like it.

March 29th, 2010, 6:52 am
Team MVP

Thats kinda what I was thinking also.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 29th, 2010, 8:03 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

We had a lot of debate when it came to the Lions' picks in the 3rd and 4th rounds. Personally, I wanted CB Brandon Ghee in the 3rd and OT (who I would move to OG) Ciron Black in the 4th. We were also talking about RB Ben Tate, CB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, and CB Dominique Franks with #66, and RB Anthony Dixon, and OT Jason Fox at #100. There may have been another guy or two thrown in there as well.

March 29th, 2010, 9:24 am
RIP Killer

Stallion wrote:

Denver lost Marshall? Since when? The last I heard he was visiting the seachickens.

McClain fills a huge void and will be a massive improvement in the run defense, which was atrocious last season. A guy like Benn in the 2nd (or 3rd if he were to slip that far) would be a great pickup. They can get a better value pick later in the draft at WR. Plus, if they were to lose Marshall, they would surely get a nice draft pick from the chickens.

March 29th, 2010, 9:42 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

We had a lot of debate when it came to the Lions' picks in the 3rd and 4th rounds. Personally, I wanted CB Brandon Ghee in the 3rd and OT (who I would move to OG) Ciron Black in the 4th. We were also talking about RB Ben Tate, CB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, and CB Dominique Franks with #66, and RB Anthony Dixon, and OT Jason Fox at #100. There may have been another guy or two thrown in there as well.

I would have liked Ghee better in the 3rd. I know many who contribute to this forum are high on Cox. He is scheduled to visit with Lions, as if that really means anything. In regards to Hardesty, the two knee surgery's would put his selection in question. i agree with the idea of an OT, and moving him inside. In-fact, I have hope they take a couple of O-lineman in this draft.

March 29th, 2010, 10:07 am
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

slybri19 wrote:

I would have liked Ghee better in the 3rd. I know many who contribute to this forum are high on Cox. He is scheduled to visit with Lions, as if that really means anything. In regards to Hardesty, the two knee surgery's would put his selection in question. i agree with the idea of an OT, and moving him inside. In-fact, I have hope they take a couple of O-lineman in this draft.

I like Ghee a lot--I have a feeling he'll be gone before the Lions pick in round 3. If I had been able to stick around for round 3 of the mock, I would have voted for Ghee.

I wanted Jahvid Best in round 2. I thought he was the best player on the board at that point.

March 29th, 2010, 10:18 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Denver lost Marshall? Since when? The last I heard he was visiting the seachickens.

You are correct that I am assuming the Marshall Trade will be completed, to somebody , likely close to or on draft day. You also may be right that the Den coaching staff may have a different idea in mind to build their team. That said, I would be suprised if Marshall isnt traded and be suprised if Bryant isnt the pick. It is definetly not that I disilike the McClain pick.

I guess i was saying that 1-10 seem like a near lock (if not a rearranged order), but right about 11 you get to the part where it gets hazy.

March 29th, 2010, 2:48 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

What I learned is that there is a very good chance that the top 3 CBs get taken in the first (if one is there I hope the Lions jump on him with the 34th pick). But in round two very few went bringing better value in round 3 for corners. That will allow the Lions to grab anyone who happens to be falling in the 2nd, as we did with Dunlap (giving the Lions a pretty nice DL).

While we mostly agreed on the need to grab a CB there, it was fairly even split between Cox, Ghee and Owusu-Ansah.

We didn't put too much into the 4th round pick because at that point we were all exhausted. RB is a major need so we went that way.

March 29th, 2010, 3:25 pm
Profile WWW
Walk On

What I learned is that there is a very good chance that the top 3 CBs get taken in the first (if one is there I hope the Lions jump on him with the 34th pick). But in round two very few went bringing better value in round 3 for corners. That will allow the Lions to grab anyone who happens to be falling in the 2nd, as we did with Dunlap (giving the Lions a pretty nice DL).

While we mostly agreed on the need to grab a CB there, it was fairly even split between Cox, Ghee and Owusu-Ansah.

We didn't put too much into the 4th round pick because at that point we were all exhausted. RB is a major need so we went that way.

Yeah even as the one RB proponent it was more about still having Tate on the board. Value I didn't see the Lions passing up on and a position of almost as much of a need.

March 29th, 2010, 4:47 pm
QB Coach

I had to head out after making my picks so I wasn't around for the third or fourth rounds. I would have voted for Blount in the 4th. Cox was ok at the top of the third since we needed a CB bad and there weren't any worth picking at #34.

I was pleased with how the draft feel for my teams (Hawks and Skins) though I wish Charles Brown or Bruce Campbell had been available at 60. I wanted an OT bad for Seattle but there was no value in any of them when I was picking.

March 29th, 2010, 5:01 pm
RIP Killer

Pablo wrote:

Yeah even as the one RB proponent it was more about still having Tate on the board. Value I didn't see the Lions passing up on and a position of almost as much of a need.

The thing that really threw a wrench into things was that Dunlap was still on the board at #34. Truthfully, I think if that were to happen in the actual draft the Lions would have their war room phone ringing off the hook. And personally, my opinion would be to trade down and allow someone else to deal with him as a boom/bust prospect.

And then, the OG run at the end of the second round kind of messed up the plans of taking an OG in the top of the third round. Yes, it could happen in the real draft...but it still sort of messed things up, planning wise.

Cox in the third round is a good pick. He had a really good Senior Bowl week, he moved well at the Combines, and did pretty well at his pro day. Some folks consider him a "character" risk because he already has three kids, and because of his getting suspended for the bowl game this year. He didn't get arrested, didn't get in a fight....he missed curfew for two of those nights. I admit, it's a stupid thing to miss curfew twice. He has admitted it, owned up to it, said he believes his coach had no choice and hasn't made excuses.

Ghee was pretty good in his sophomore year, but hasn't played as well the past two seasons. And I'm sorry, I'm not a stats junkie, but ONE pick in his entire college career? Cox has had 10, including 4 this past season with 15 passes broken up. And let's not forget, Cox is a returner as well.

Sorry, but I think Cox is the much better selection.

March 29th, 2010, 5:06 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Topweasel wrote:
Pablo wrote:

The thing that really threw a wrench into things was that Dunlap was still on the board at #34. Truthfully, I think if that were to happen in the actual draft the Lions would have their war room phone ringing off the hook. And personally, my opinion would be to trade down and allow someone else to deal with him as a boom/bust prospect.

And then, the OG run at the end of the second round kind of messed up the plans of taking an OG in the top of the third round. Yes, it could happen in the real draft...but it still sort of messed things up, planning wise.

Cox in the third round is a good pick. He had a really good Senior Bowl week, he moved well at the Combines, and did pretty well at his pro day. Some folks consider him a "character" risk because he already has three kids, and because of his getting suspended for the bowl game this year. He didn't get arrested, didn't get in a fight....he missed curfew for two of those nights. I admit, it's a stupid thing to miss curfew twice. He has admitted it, owned up to it, said he believes his coach had no choice and hasn't made excuses.

Ghee was pretty good in his sophomore year, but hasn't played as well the past two seasons. And I'm sorry, I'm not a stats junkie, but ONE pick in his entire college career? Cox has had 10, including 4 this past season with 15 passes broken up. And let's not forget, Cox is a returner as well.

Sorry, but I think Cox is the much better selection.

I agree that in the situation we saw at the top of the second round the Lions could very well be looking at a trade down situation. I'm sure many of us would have voted for that if we wanted to mess around with throwing it into a mock.

I didn't really care all that much for any of the choices at the top of the 4th. I thought it was too early for most of the OL left on the board and am not a huge fan of Hardesty. It's absolutely conceivable that we see runs on CB's and OL at the ends of rounds and that could create a mess for the Lions but unlike our mock I see them trading down into more favorable situations then. We didn't really do anything with trades and there are always teams who want to move up and get their guys in the second-fourth rounds.

March 29th, 2010, 10:11 pm
Reply to topic   [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next