View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 26th, 2014, 4:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Various Mock Draft Thread 
5th Round Pick - Traded

Here is a new one from one of the writers at NFLDRAFTSCOUT.COM I understand the reasoning of taking Williams over Okung, but I don't see taking him over Suh.

By Pete Prisco
CBSSports.com Senior Writer
CBSSports.com
Tell Pete your opinion!

I would like to think I will nail the first pick of the 2010 NFL Draft. The St. Louis Rams have to take Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford -- and I don't think they will mess it up.

But what about No. 2 spot?

The Detroit Lions hold that pick and every indication has been they will take a defensive tackle, either Nebraska's Ndamukong Suh or Oklahoma's Gerald McCoy.

Not so fast.

There is some talk going through the league that the Lions might actually take an offensive tackle. The word is they love Oklahoma's Trent Williams.

That's where I put Williams -- for now.

As more and more information comes in, I will continue to tweak my mocks in my head.

We will likely have one more before the April 22 draft.

That one counts.

This one does not.
NFL Mock Draft - 04/01/2010
Round 1
1. St. Louis Rams
Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma: He's an accurate passer who understands the passing game. The Rams can't miss on him. And they won't.
2. Detroit Lions
Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma: It flies in the face of conventional thinking, but this kid is the real deal and there are whispers he may be the Lions pick. The Lions need a star tackle to protect Matt Stafford.
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska: The Bucs would love it if he fell to them. For that to happen, the Lions have to pass. Suh will be a force for Tampa Bay.
4. Washington Redskins
Jimmy Clausen, QB, Notre Dame: The kid has the look of a franchise passer. The more you watch, the more you like.
5. Kansas City Chiefs
Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma State: The Chiefs need an upgrade to their line and Okung is it. He will be a 10-year starter.
6. Seattle Seahawks
Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma: Pete Carroll loves getting push from his inside tackles. That's what McCoy does best.
7. Cleveland Browns
Eric Berry, DB, Tennessee: He is the rangy Ed Reed player the Browns need in their secondary. They take safety over corner.
8. Oakland Raiders
Jason Pierre-Paul, , South Florida: The raw athleticism is amazing. We know how Al Davis loves that.
9. Buffalo Bills
Bryan Bulaga, OL, Iowa: They have to fix that line. With both quarterbacks gone, they tab the big left tackle.
10. Jacksonville Jaguars
Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama: This explosive player will improve a linebacker group that hasn't lived up to expectations. Joe Haden is a possibility here as well.
11. Denver Broncos (from Chicago. Lost coin toss vs. Jaguars)
Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma State: Don't let the 40 time fool you. He plays much faster than that. Denver needs another receiver.
12. Miami Dolphins
Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee: They need help inside in their defense and Williams can provide it. He's a riser on a lot of boards.
13. San Francisco 49ers (Lost coin toss vs. Titans)
Joe Haden, CB, Florida: They can't believe he's still on the board. Haden has shutdown cover skills.
14. Seattle Seahawks (from Denver)
Bruce Campbell, OL, Maryland: They have to get a left tackle to take over for Walter Jones. Campbell has some off-field issues, but he's talented.
15. New York Giants
C.J. Spiller, RB, Clemson: The Giants thought they were loaded at running back, but Brandon Jacobs had a disappointing season. Spiller can fly.
16. Tennessee Titans
Earl Thomas, DB, Texas: They could give him a shot at corner to start and then move him to safety when Chris Hope is done.
17. San Francisco 49ers (from Carolina)
Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan: He's perfect for their 3-4 defense. He's a relentless pass rusher.
18. Pittsburgh Steelers
Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho: They need help at right guard, and he's a Steelers lineman all the way: Tough and nasty.
19. Atlanta Falcons
Derrick Morgan, DL, Georgia Tech: They would be thrilled if the hometown kid lasts this long to help their pass rush. Could go offensive line here as well.
20. Houston Texans (Lost coin toss vs. Falcons)
Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers: This would fill a major hole created when Dunta Robinson left. Might also consider a running back.
21. Cincinnati Bengals
Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma: This makes as much sense as any pick in the first round. Gresham will help the passing game in a big way.
22. New England Patriots
Rob Gronkowski, TE, Arizona: He has some back issues, but he would be a perfect fit for the New England offense. We have back-to-back tight ends go.
23. Green Bay Packers
Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State: With Al Harris coming off injury and Charles Woodson up in the years, they need youth at corner.
24. Philadelphia Eagles
Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas: They need help at this position and Kindle would bring it. He could rush the passer in their blitz-happy style of defense.
25. Baltimore Ravens
Jared Odrick, DT, Penn State: He would fit perfectly as a 3-4 defensive end. He's a Ravens-style player.
26. Arizona Cardinals
Jerry Hughes, DE, TCU: They signed Joey Porter, but you can never have enough speed rushers. This kid explodes off the edge.
27. Dallas Cowboys
Anthony Davis, OL, Rutgers: He could step in when Flozell Adams is done, which might be sooner than you think.
28. San Diego Chargers
Terrence Cody, , Alabama: They need a horse in the middle of that 3-4. The concern is his weight, but he has dropped some.
29. New York Jets
Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame: They have a big receiver in Braylon Edwards, so now they get a smaller, faster one.
30. Minnesota Vikings
Taylor Mays, SS, Southern California: They didn't get very good play from their back end last season and Mays could help, although I think he's overrated.
31. Indianapolis Colts
Maurkice Pouncey, OL, Florida: Bill Polian wants the line to get bigger. Pouncey would do that.
32. New Orleans Saints
Everson Griffen, DL, Southern California: They need help with their pass rush and Griffin could bring it. Might also consider a linebacker here.

April 1st, 2010, 8:43 pm
Div 1 - Starter

I can see the Lions taking Williams...if they trade down far enough. I don't see them taking him at 2.

April 1st, 2010, 8:49 pm
Team MVP

Would anyone be disappointed with drafting Trent Williams?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 1st, 2010, 10:49 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

April 1st, 2010, 10:58 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

If they like Trent Williams as the top player on their board, then I have no problem with them drafting him at #2. If they think he is that good, then he isn't a reach. And it is particularly difficult to call the pick a reach when pretty much everyone agrees that Williams is a bona fide first rounder anyway.

In any case, we heard a week or two ago that the Lions covet Russell Okung. Now it is Trent Williams. When the season ended, we heard that the coaches love Backus and thought he should have been a Pro Bowler. I don't believe any of this stuff--all smokescreens.

April 1st, 2010, 11:39 pm
RIP Killer

http://www.draftcountdown.com/sub/Mock-Draft-A.php

1 GERALD MCCOY, DT, OKLAHOMA
2 PATRICK ROBINSON, CB, FLORIDA STATE

April 2nd, 2010, 1:40 pm
RIP Killer

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3719 ... rounds-1-7

7 rounder has Jordan Shipley coming to the Lions in the 4th. I could dig that...

Round 1, Pick 2 (2) - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
Round 2, Pick 2 (34) - Jahvid Best, RB, Cal
Round 3, Pick 2 (66) - Reshad Jones, S, Georgia
Round 4, Pick 2 (100) - Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas
Round 5, Pick 2 (133) - Marshall Newhouse, OT, TCU
Round 7, Pick 7 (214) (From Browns) - John Connor, FB, Kentucky
Round 7, Pick 48 (255) (Compensatory Selection) - Chris Hawkins, CB, LSU

April 2nd, 2010, 3:45 pm
QB Coach

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/371942-detroit-lions-why-they-should-be-drafted-april-mock-draft-rounds-1-7

7 rounder has Jordan Shipley coming to the Lions in the 4th. I could dig that...

Round 1, Pick 2 (2) - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
Round 2, Pick 2 (34) - Jahvid Best, RB, Cal
Round 3, Pick 2 (66) - Reshad Jones, S, Georgia
Round 4, Pick 2 (100) - Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas
Round 5, Pick 2 (133) - Marshall Newhouse, OT, TCU
Round 7, Pick 7 (214) (From Browns) - John Connor, FB, Kentucky
Round 7, Pick 48 (255) (Compensatory Selection) - Chris Hawkins, CB, LSU

I don't like that draft. We don't address CB until Mr. Irrelevant. Shipley would be OK in the 4th and Conner in the 7th and obviously Suh in round one but the other picks I could do without. I wish he had mocked a whole draft so I could see where he thinks everyone is going. I hope a corner falls to us at 34 and we can get a RB in round 4 or 5.

April 2nd, 2010, 4:25 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I agree with ILF. The Lions have to draft a CB before the final pick in the draft.

April 2nd, 2010, 5:42 pm
RIP Killer

I'd like to see us get Pacman and then I actually like this draft.

April 2nd, 2010, 5:46 pm
QB Coach

I don't think PacMan can be a number one corner. Even if we do land him I still want us to take a corner in the first three rounds.

I think we can get better value with RB somewhere in rounds 3-5 than with taking Best in round 2. (Blount, Bell someone like that)

April 2nd, 2010, 6:01 pm
RIP Killer

Chris Housten #1, Pacman Jones #2, Jonathon Wade #3

I'd like to maybe move CB up to maybe 5th or maybe 2 in the 7th.

April 2nd, 2010, 6:13 pm
RIP Killer

we don't even know if he can be a better nickle corner than King or Williams or any other chump we had rotating there last year.

And some of you guys think he can be a starter? For shame.

April 2nd, 2010, 9:18 pm
RIP Killer

The Lions can't keep just throwing cheap FAs at the corner spots and think it will work. It didn't work in 2008 or 2009. The Lions must get a young CB to develop, with the possibility of that guy starting this season. Houston might pan out as a #2 guy. Neither Jones nor Wade will be good as starters. Jones has been out of the game too long, and Wade has never reached that plateau. The Lions need someone for the corner spot in the second or third round. That draft didn't even come close to meeting our most pressing need.

April 2nd, 2010, 9:22 pm
Junior Varsity

I don't think PacMan can be a number one corner. Even if we do land him I still want us to take a corner in the first three rounds.

I think we can get better value with RB somewhere in rounds 3-5 than with taking Best in round 2. (Blount, Bell someone like that)

I have to agree with both points here.

I'm not a fan of signing Pacman for a lot of reasons, but regardless I still think it'd be a mistake on the Lions part not to use either a 2nd or 3rd rounder to get one of the many potential quality (imo) CBs in this year's draft.

With regards to Best, while I am a fan of the guy I think there are plenty of value RBs to be had in the middle rounds.

My preferred scenario (assuming no tradedown opportunities arise):
#2) Suh
#34) Best CB available- McCourty, Robinson, Jackson, Ghee, Owusu-Ansah, Cox
#66) Veldheer or Ducasse
#100) Best RB available- preferably Gerhart, Blount, Karim or Bell
#133) Trade w/ Seattle for Sims (throw in conditional '11 pick-- would prefer a later round this year plus conditional '11 pick but I believe he'd be worth 133)
#214) John Connor
#255) BPA, there are any number of guys I'd be happy with here if they fell to us.

With this draft I'd be really happy with our team going forward :idea:

April 2nd, 2010, 10:24 pm
Reply to topic   [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next