View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 2nd, 2014, 1:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Mike Iupati 
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Let's not forget Bullocks....Josh has been better than Daniel, if nothing more than simply by the fact Josh isn't a walking injury.

Torry Holt v. Terrence Holt.

December 15th, 2009, 5:55 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

m2karateman wrote:
Let's not forget Bullocks....Josh has been better than Daniel, if nothing more than simply by the fact Josh isn't a walking injury.

Torry Holt v. Terrence Holt.

Exactly! Just like the Lions have been treated for decades, the Little Brothers of the NFL. During the Millen era there was Boss Bailey, Terrence Holt, and Daniel Bullocks (ok, they're twins, but Josh went to the NFL a year early.)

Sorry State fans for bringing up that term, I know you hate it!

December 18th, 2009, 12:05 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

I was watching the highlights from the Idaho game Mike Iupati has to be the most impressive guard since Steve Hutchinson. Screw defense if he's available at the top of the second you have to take him.

January 1st, 2010, 1:26 pm
RIP Killer

I'd be fine taking a great guard top of the second. I'm really hoping we trade back somehow and pick up a few more picks. Hell prolly be gone by then, but maybe we can be in a position to nab him if we trade back.

January 1st, 2010, 1:51 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I watched Iupati for the first time the other day and came away extremely impressed. He is one of the best road graders that you'll ever see, but he did get beat a couple of times in pass protection. That doesn't really concern me since he has the size, strength, and footwork to improve in that area with better coaching and technique. Unfortunately, I think you can forget about the Lions taking him in the 2nd round because he'll be long gone by then. I'm thinking that he'll go between 15-25 in the draft now.

To answer a previous question, the announcers pronounced his name as You-Potty. I guess the "I" is silent.

January 1st, 2010, 2:08 pm
Team MVP

Ya i have a feeling he'll be gone also, but if we DID have a chance, we better take him.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 1st, 2010, 3:08 pm
Bubbles the Lion

If you can't get a tackle high then you might as well wait and draft your line in the middle rounds (or the second). You can find solid guards all over the draft (or take a college center and turn them into a guard, that is a popular trend) and taking a LT isn't our biggest need. Backus can play there for another season taking more of Ford's money while we address other concerns. Eventually Godser could be a solid guard, but Schwartz seems determined to teach him how to be a good RT. After we address DT in the first round, I don't care who we take after that, as long as they play OL, DL, or CB.

January 1st, 2010, 11:40 pm
Profile WWW
Team MVP

I heard Mike Mayock say today that he thinks some teams will look at Iupati as a LT. He also says he believes he can play all 5 positions on the offensive line.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

January 21st, 2010, 8:59 pm
RIP Killer

I heard Mike Mayock say today that he thinks some teams will look at Iupati as a LT. He also says he believes he can play all 5 positions on the offensive line.

Iupati has the size and the disposition. The question will be his footwork and length of his arms, which I don't know that much about.

I'd be ecstatic if we were able to pick this kid up in round 2.

January 21st, 2010, 9:39 pm
Team MVP

kdsberman wrote:

Iupati has the size and the disposition. The question will be his footwork and length of his arms, which I don't know that much about.

Oh ya so would I. Id absolutely love to get him in the 2nd, but as of now Im facing reality, meaning that getting Iupati will PROBABLY be gone by the 2nd rd, if not long gone. God i hope not.

Then again, last year I thought Rey Maualuga would be long gone by our #20 pick, but he lasted til rd 2.

January 21st, 2010, 10:09 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

kdsberman wrote:

I thought I would post these observations, profiling two of this years top guard prospects. Courtesy of PFW.

OLG-OLT Mike Iupati, Idaho
6-5¼, 330, 5.3e

The native of American Samoa has a language barrier that initially could be difficult to overcome and might require some private English lessons. A college left guard, Iupati has enough length and agility to handle playing on the edges if the protection is simplified and the game slows down enough for him. With the physical tools desired to play either tackle position and experience playing inside, he possesses intriguing versatility that easily could push him into the first round. Strong, athletic and powerful with 35-inch-plus arms, Iupati has shown the ability to dominate and could become an outstanding pro. His best football is still ahead of him.

OT Vladimir Ducasse, Massachusetts
6-5, 328, 5.33

A long-armed left tackle who stands out against lesser competition, Ducasse has a big, thick, well-distributed body and plays the game with a good football temperament and demeanor. Some evaluators still project him inside, and he might be best suited to play right tackle in the pros. But Ducasse has enough length and agility to be tried on the left side. He is still relatively raw with inconsistent technique and footwork, but most of his flaws are correctable; he is very tough and can continue to be molded. Old-school offensive line coaches could fall in love with him, as he shows the intensity and passion desired in the trenches, and he potentially could fit into the first round.

Ducasse is being listed at G by most scouting services. Both these guys are invited to the Senior Bowl. I would imagine that they would be on the north team, giving Schwartz a good look.

January 22nd, 2010, 12:04 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Id be happy with either 1 based off descriptions (obviously need and will get more info but they sound good so far).

I especially like that either projects as a LG Immediately, with the potential to displace Backus in a year or two, or by next year if we see them as just a LG, then we can draft another few linemen in the early rounds and grab an LT there.

January 22nd, 2010, 6:24 am
Profile ICQ WWW
Afghan Allstar

I saw Iupati play in his bowl game. He would pull to the right and take out a D-Lineman and 2 Linebackers. The guy played with fire and intensity. If the pick was up to me and he was there in the 2nd, there's no way I'd pass him up.

January 22nd, 2010, 12:17 pm
Team MVP

I saw Iupati play in his bowl game. He would pull to the right and take out a D-Lineman and 2 Linebackers. The guy played with fire and intensity. If the pick was up to me and he was there in the 2nd, there's no way I'd pass him up.

Oh absolutely not. You CANT pass him up if hes there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWdvfRhTruw

Watch him just eliminate Rey Maualuga out of the play.

January 22nd, 2010, 1:24 pm
RIP Killer

That was awesome, way to take advantage of Rey's imbalance on that play.

January 22nd, 2010, 1:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next