View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 31st, 2014, 6:12 am

Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 MIKE WILLIAMS 
Div 1 - Starter

I am extremely disappointed. BMW was on my draft board, but he was way below DJ. I am sick about this. Worst scenario imaginable. I could be wrong, but I honestly feel that the entire organization has egg on its face right now.

Prepare for the media to kill this pick in the next few weeks.....we deserve it.

My favorite day ever as a Lions fan.

Somehow landing the Ndamo-nator would be the second best day ever.

April 23rd, 2005, 4:02 pm
Site Admin

April 23rd, 2005, 4:05 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

As much as I would like to have seen Merriman fill a need...Williams is a solid pick. The guy is awesome.

It's a given that Az is gone. Kind of sucks that Johnson will ride the pine. I wanted to see him play the slot. I think CRog's time will be split with MW.

Prisco gives the Lions a grade "D" for the MW pick. Lowest grade so far in round 1 (on pick #23).

Last edited by conversion02 on April 23rd, 2005, 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 23rd, 2005, 4:24 pm
Pro Bowl Player

:shock: so far everyone Ive talked to LOVES IT.... I think your wrong blue blood~

April 23rd, 2005, 4:25 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

It is hard to grade a single pick, we have to wait to see what happens in the next few rounds. It's very likely that the Lions grab a DE or S in round 2 and then this pick makes a lot of sense, especially if the difference between in value of what they could have got at 10 versus 41 isn't very great.

I'm excited. I had a feeling that Millen would surprise us and I would have been disappointed with almost every other pick. I was torn between DJ and Williams when it came up, but the Lions obviously weren't after taking only 2 minutes to make the pick.

BTW - here is the Lionbacker article on the pick:

http://www.lionbacker.com/?id=articles& ... 3-williams

April 23rd, 2005, 4:35 pm
Profile WWW
Mr. Irrelevant

I love the pick. Now there is ABSOLUTELY NO EXCUSES for any of our QB's. All the corners were gone so improve the O again. Maybe see him in two TE sets???

April 23rd, 2005, 5:45 pm
RIP Killer

http://www.sportingnews.com/exclusives/ ... 11192.html

Mike Williams wants to be original...check the article out.

April 23rd, 2005, 6:08 pm
Hall of Fame Player

http://www.sportingnews.com/exclusives/20050404/611192.html

Mike Williams wants to be original...check the article out.

Good article. Thanx for sharing this buddy.

April 23rd, 2005, 6:10 pm
Profile WWW
Stadium Announcer

I'm excited. I had a feeling that Millen would surprise us and I would have been disappointed with almost every other pick. I was torn between DJ and Williams when it came up, but the Lions obviously weren't after taking only 2 minutes to make the pick.

I couldnt agree with you more Pablo..... I noticed bigtime Mike Williams and DJ were still there but I wouldve been happy either way.... Just thinking about this arsenal... I love the pick! :twisted: lets play some :arrow:

April 23rd, 2005, 10:23 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Good article. I think that if you are sitting there and he gets dropped in your lap you almost have to take him.

April 23rd, 2005, 11:39 pm
Stadium Announcer

Colts have a challlenge to the crown as the greatest offense in history.

This team can accomplish alot in a short time.

Philly
Carolina
Detroit
Atlanta
Dallas
Seahawks

...shall I go on, or can you see we stack up damn well already...

April 24th, 2005, 12:21 am
All State

i like the pick. i would have been ok with dj, rolle or williams. rolle was gone and the lions took the highest player on their board. i have to applaud millen for that.

williams - williams - rogers - wow!

April 24th, 2005, 12:32 am
Profile WWW
Pro Bowl Player

I have read that Mike Williams would be great "IF THE LIONS KEEP HIM" Does this mean there may be a trade available????? any thoughts here

April 24th, 2005, 12:37 am
Profile WWW
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

I never would have sought this coming, but I love the pick though!!! Mike is great, we got a really good deal with both Shaun and Mike too...

Now we have Roy, Charles, Mike, Kevin Johnson, Scottie Vines, and David Kirus, and Eddie if you wanna count him as a reciever, AZ is defiantly gone now.

Michael Huff for DROY

April 24th, 2005, 2:43 am
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Post Hakim Gone 1/Jun
Harrington is da man wrote:
...Now we have Roy, Charles, Mike, Kevin Johnson, Scottie Vines, and David Kirus, and Eddie if you wanna count him as a reciever, AZ is defiantly gone now.

Hakim's status

Do the math -- it doesn't add up for Az-Zahir Hakim.

With the addition of Mike Williams, Hakim has slipped to No. 5 on the depth chart at wide receiver but there's nothing to suggest the Lions will need or go with that many. There's also the matter of Hakim's $2.3 million base salary for 2005, a luxury for any player that far down the depth chart.

Kevin Johnson, signed as a free agent Thursday, joins the top three -- the Williamses and Rogers.

Millen acknowledged as much when he said, "You go with Kevin Johnson, you go four wide."

The third or fourth wideout role used to belong to Hakim, but there was no mention of him Saturday.

From The Detroit News
By Vartan Kupelian w/ Mike O'Hara contributing.

April 24th, 2005, 5:42 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next