View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 1st, 2014, 8:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Stanley Wilson in the third 
RIP Killer

Post Stanley Wilson in the third
ouch! And McP was sitting right there for the taking. Justin Tuck was still on the board as well but not really an option after taking Cody in the second.

NO McP! :crybaby:

April 23rd, 2005, 9:41 pm
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Allstar

justin tuck should have been the lions selection imho.

April 23rd, 2005, 9:46 pm
RIP Killer

Tuck could still have been useful as long as Cody plays DT, which I think he will. I called Alex Smith going to TB, they should have traded with TB to get him. Smith fills a much bigger need and Wilson does, and he's a better value pick IMO.

April 23rd, 2005, 9:47 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

I called Alex Smith going to TB, they should have traded with TB to get him. Smith fills a much bigger need and Wilson does, and he's a better value pick IMO.

your right conversation02 i shreaked when t.b. selected alex i wanted him also.

April 23rd, 2005, 9:53 pm
Pop Warner Allstar

i wanted shaun cody also but not at the expense of a 4th round pick.

April 23rd, 2005, 9:54 pm
Stadium Announcer

Post Re: Stanley Wilson in the third
Pablo wrote:
ouch! And McP was sitting right there for the taking. Justin Tuck was still on the board as well but not really an option after taking Cody in the second.

WTF: I have never heard of this guy>? is he good? any better than chris cash or andre goodman ??? why not pick Mcp or anybody else? Is Millen crazy>? Im confused I like the first 2 but Stanley steamer is not impressive.. at all... WTF

April 23rd, 2005, 10:43 pm
RIP Killer

He's a solid CB, insurance for the nickle for Cash and Goodman who seem to get hurt quite often. I think Denver got the better pick at CB by taking Karl Paymah though. That guy is a frickin beast who runs in the 4.3s.

Don't we have 8 CBs under contract now?

Bly
Bryant
Keith Smith
Chris Cash
Andre Goodman
Stanley Wilson (not really under contract yet)
Mike Echols (probably PS)
Kentrell Curry (PS)

April 23rd, 2005, 10:46 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

He's a solid CB, insurance for the nickle for Cash and Goodman who seem to get hurt quite often. I think Denver got the better pick at CB by taking Karl Paymah though. That guy is a frickin beast who runs in the 4.3s.

Wilson runs a 4.3 40 as well.

April 23rd, 2005, 11:24 pm
RIP Killer

Wilson ran a 4.40 at the combine, Paymah ran a 4.31. Scott Wright said this about Paymah's 4.31 speed: "Speed is lacking and average at best and it will show a lot more at the next level." Since when is a 4.31 average at best? Scott Wright, you're an idiot!

SI on Stanley Wilson

BIO: Three-year starter who posted 54/1/5 as a senior after 27/1/6 the prior year when he was used in a three-man rotation. Sprinter on the track team who ranks as one of Stanford's fastest athletes.

POSITIVES: Athletic defensive back best facing the quarterback. Alert, reads the action and quickly diagnoses plays. Sees the field, moves well laterally and works hard. Immediately breaks on the throw, possesses a burst of closing speed and flashes on the scene. Good job backed off the line of scrimmage or in zone coverage. Has opposing quarterbacks looking away from him.

NEGATIVES: Has a thin build and not strong at the point. Struggles getting off blocks or bringing down ballcarriers on initial contact.

ANALYSIS: A player with terrific measurables, Wilson made major improvements to his game as a senior. Will not be able to play in press coverage, but a solid first-day pick for a team who uses cornerbacks off the line of scrimmage.

PROJECTION: Late Second Round

April 23rd, 2005, 11:32 pm
NFL Team Captain

If Stanley Wilson can hit and tackle, he may well be the perfect special teams gunner. With his speed I'd hate to be in his sights if he can hit but I hear he is more the frail type. If that's the case, I know where my bottle of Tequila went. Millen stole it.

Someone wrote about Millen pulling crap outta his butt and hoped he wouldn't fling it at us. I think something hit me in the 3rd round and it didn't smell like roses.

April 24th, 2005, 2:34 am
Stadium Announcer

When our offense is breaking NFL scoring records

We need a defense that can stop the other teams passing game trying to catch us,

April 24th, 2005, 3:14 am
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Stanley Wilson in the third
Pablo wrote:

Had we NOT given up the 4th round pick for Cody we could probably have McP in round 4.

In fact we could be looking at:

1) Mike Williams
2) Shaun Cody (if not, Justin Tuck or Dan Cody)
3) Stanley Wilson
4) Adrian McPherson

This is why we should have NEVER given up that pick to move four spots.

April 24th, 2005, 5:53 am
Profile WWW
Pop Warner Rookie

Post wilson
Could be a good kick return guy.

April 24th, 2005, 8:43 am
NFL Veteran

He had some nice highlights. Put a serious lick on a receiver, put that guy on his back.

I'm not going to pretend like I'm an expert here. The lions management obviously do their research... so I'm not going to second guess this pick when I'm uninformed.

Besides, corner and receiver are positions that get injured every year. Ever hear of the principle to draft one every year. The Lions apparently adhere to that principle very closely. As do many of the other teams... look how many CB's have flown off the board. Most of any position so far... or at least it seems that way.

April 24th, 2005, 1:18 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Brandon Browner in the 6th? I like the pick as a backup SS. Could let us cut Walker. Browner is physical and is good in man coverage. He's 6-3 220. Could be a good SS. Speed is lacking at 4.6, but that can be improved. Thoughts?

April 24th, 2005, 2:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next