View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 24th, 2014, 4:33 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Bradford V Clausen 

Who should be selected first?
Sam Bradford 27%  27%  [ 4 ]
Jimmy Clausen 73%  73%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 15

Bradford V Clausen 
Color Commentator - John Madden

Post Bradford V Clausen
Most prognosticators that I have heard think that Sam Bradford is a better QB then Jimmy Clausen. I disagree. I think Jimmy Clausen is going to be the better pro prospect. He has played in a pro style offense and has been able to put up very good numbers. I still question his game management skills, but I'm not sold on Bradford. What do you think?

January 10th, 2010, 3:40 pm
Afghan Allstar

He has played in a very pro style offense. He threw a lot of TD's, and very few INT's this year. Only four in 425 pass attempts. It didn't amount to a very good season for ND, but you can't really fault him for that. In the final four losses, he complete 69.64% of his passes and threw 10 TD's to only 2 INT's and over 1400 Yds. Sounds like pretty bad defense to me.

Going with Bradford's numbers last year, playing in a spread offense, he threw for 50 TD's and 8 INT's. Even in a spread offense his completion percentage was slightly lower than Clausen's, but still close to 70%.

All that being said...I'd still take Stafford over either of them.

January 10th, 2010, 6:36 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I've been saying that Clausen is the best pro prospect at QB for awhile now and I'm sticking to it. I do, however, really like Bradford, but I'm never completely sold on any QB that runs the spread offense in college. You just never know what you're going to get out of those guys. Some can make the transition, while most of them don't.

January 11th, 2010, 10:30 am
RIP Killer

It's hard to argue numbers. Bradford's game management and decision making is better. Just look at his INT to TD ratio. It is off the charts...

07 26 TD 8 INT
08 50 TD 8 INT
09 2 TD 0 INT

50 freaking TD's in one season!!!

He's no slouch in the size being 6'4" and he has the ability to move around.

January 11th, 2010, 11:01 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

One thing that I think Bradford does have going for him is that he's not a running QB. He has the experience of standing in the pocket and not bailing out like most spread QB's do. That will serve him better in the NFL. His numbers are off the charts, but I'm still not sure about the injuries and the system tag he will receive.

January 11th, 2010, 12:05 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]