View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 30th, 2014, 8:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Round 2 
Color Commentator - John Madden

I think the distinction on Arenas with his height will be whether or not he can be a starting CB, a nickel back, or just as a return man. If he checks out to be a legit 5'9" he has a shot at being a starting CB, as he has some of the skills to be a starting CB, or at worst, a nickel. If he is shorter and would be at a disadvantage as a cover man, he still has the skills as a returner to be a late second early third round pick on those merits alone.

My point was just that his height might be the difference between him being a starter or as a situational guy. The Lions are in no position to take a situational guy, like a return man, in the second round, maybe the third, but that might be a stretch; look at the returns on Derrick Williams. A team that is better composed now might take a shot on him as a returner in the second round because they don't have as many glaring needs like the Lions.

January 21st, 2010, 11:45 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Arenas has been invited to Senior Bowl, it may be a good barometer of where he stands in the huge line of CB's that are currently projected to go anywhere from rounds 2 to 4. My personal favorite is Devin McCourty of Rutgers. Good size, speed, and special teams ace.

January 22nd, 2010, 12:32 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

I have heard that Carlos Dunlap is dropping into the 2nd round neighborhood. Is he a consideration for the Lions at 34?

March 23rd, 2010, 4:00 pm
RIP Killer

I have heard that Carlos Dunlap is dropping into the 2nd round neighborhood. Is he a consideration for the Lions at 34?

I don't think he'll drop to round two, in all seriousness. But if he does, then no, I don't want the Lions to take him. He's an incredible athlete, but isn't motivated to play hard when it doesn't suit him. There are other guys available at that pick that would fill a need, and will be self-motivated to bust their butts on every play.

March 23rd, 2010, 5:42 pm
Reply to topic   [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3