View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 21st, 2014, 12:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 CFN's TOP 100 Pro Football Propsects for 2010 
Color Commentator - John Madden

Of the players in this top 100 that I was the most impressed by this past season were:

Ndamukong Suh DT Nebraska - The wrecking ball and everyone's favorite.

Gerald McCoy DT Oklahoma - If the Lions get him at 2, DT will be set for awhile.

C.J. Spiller RB Clemson - The kid ran crazy against GT, and again in there bowl game. He was playing hurt and still tore them up. That takes heart!

Rolando McClain ILB Alabama - Savy MLB

Sergio Kindle OLB Texas - Wonder if he can play SSLB in a 4-3?

Bryan Bulaga OT Iowa - Felt that he stonewalled Derrick Morgan.

Jared Odrick DT Penn State - I think he's the 3rd best DT

Devin McCourty CB Rutgers - Good cover skills, not afraid of contact, and excels on special teams.

Jason Pierre-Paul DE South Florida - Has natural pass rush skill, needs pro coaching.

Navorro Bowman OLB Penn State - Was the most dominant player on Penn St defense in there bowl game.

Dexter McCluster RB Mississippi - In there bowl game he was phenomenal. That was the first time I saw him play. I know there will be questions about his size, but he's tough and didn't avoid contact.

Daryl Washington ILB TCU - This guy is a tackling machine.

These are some of the players that stuck out in the games I saw. There are others that are not listed in this current top 100. There is one player that I have not seen yet, that I am looking forward to watching in the Texas vs. The Nation game. Austen Lane DE Murray State 6-6 258, 4.65 forty time.

I watched the Orange Bowl again last night on DVR and Bulaga looked good against Morgan, but I think Morgan is overrated. He really didn't have that much of an impact on the game, and he takes plays off. I was unimpressed. Bulaga looks like he could be a solid RT in the league, and the potential to play LT, but against guys like Freeney or Ware or the speed rushers I think he'd struggle.

Jason Pierre-Paul= Kalimba Edwards. I want no part of him. I hope I'm wrong but his numbers don't reflect a 1st round pick, and only one year of D-1 football scares me. He could be a freak like Jevon Kearse, but I'm skeptical. With Selvie on one side you'd think that he'd have more then 5.5 saks.

Dexter McCutcheon I like. I think he's got a shot to be a great 3rd down back and return man. I think he'll end up in the Darren Sproles mode, and be a very valuable part of a team. Unfortunately the Lions have Aaron Brown and they wouldn't take another scat back IMO.

January 23rd, 2010, 8:37 pm
QB Coach

Last year, 15 underclassmen were first-round draft choices. This year, there should be at least that many, and it's conceivable that as many as 18 to 20 could go in the first round. I asked NFLDraftScout.com, a site I use and respect around draft day, to rank the top juniors --and where they rank in the first-round draft order. (The comments here belong to NFLDraftScout.com player analyst Rob Rang; the number indicates where the player's projected to be picked.)

2. DT Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma
Would have been top DT selected had he come out last year as a redshirt sophomore.

4. QB Sam Bradford, Oklahoma
When protected, he's shown Pro-Bowl accuracy. Lanky frame, surgery concerns scouts.

5. FS Eric Berry, Tennessee
An Ed Reed type. Superior instincts and tackling skills.

6. DE Derrick Morgan, Georgia Tech
ACC Defensive Player of the Year, 21, has legitimate NFL size (6-foot-4, 265).

7. CB Joe Haden, Florida
Not an elite cover corner, but far and away the best in the 2010 draft.

8. DE Carlos Dunlap, Florida
Rare size (6-6, 278) and a good first step. Still learning to play the position.

9. QB Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame
Most pro-ready QB in the draft based on Charlie Weis' tutelage, but doesn't have a top NFL arm.

10. ILB Rolando McClain, Alabama
Great instincts and size (6-4, 255), but has been protected a bit by Nick Saban's scheme.

11. WR Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State
Some scouts say he goes up and gets the ball like Randy Moss did in his prime.

13. OT Anthony Davis, Rutgers
Rare size (6-6, 330) and legit left tackle athleticism. Could be draft's top tackle.

14. OT Bryan Bulaga, Iowa
Shut down Georgia Tech DE Derrick Morgan in high-profile battle in bowl game.

20. RB Jonathan Dwyer, Georgia Tech
Production inflated due to triple-option offense, but at 5-11, 235 is a quick punisher.

25. WR Golden Tate, Notre Dame
Lacks preferred size at 5-11, 185, but has RB-like vision and competes for the jump ball.

27. OT Bruce Campbell, Maryland
Great athleticism and 6-foot-7 wingspan with room to grow. Raw. Only 17 career starts.

29. WR Damian Williams, USC
Fits West Coast offense with quickness and good hands. Also top returner.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/w ... z0dsBl6Eyj
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

January 27th, 2010, 11:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2