View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 1st, 2014, 5:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Sleepers? 
QB Coach

http://blog.mlive.com/highlightreel/201 ... tough.html

Some possible 7th rounders. I think everyone on here likes us taking Conner at some point in the round.

April 8th, 2010, 4:07 pm
Peewee Leaguer

Call me a homer but go to you tube and check out Marc Mariani from Montana. He wasn't a combine invitee but did work out for 12 teams at the Montana pro day. He's fast, quick, elusive and spectacular hands and big play ability. He's set all kinds of school records as a receiver and return man. There are 3 10-minute highlight reels, one dedicated solely to his punt and kick return game. I think right now he is ranked between 40-45 at wr but i really could see him as being a Wes Welker type guy in the slot.
I know the knocks are going to be his size and level of competition.

Montana players are starting to get noticed a little. Lex Hilliard and Dan Carpenter(Pro Bowler) scored like 27 consecutive points for the Dolphins last season at one point.

I'd like to hear what you guys think. He's definitely sleeper material.

April 9th, 2010, 2:00 am
Junior Varsity

steensn wrote:
I guess Barnes looked like a stud during the practices and the game. Funny thing is... he's not invited to the combine!?

Some info on him from Scouts.

Quote:
01/20/10 - EAST-WEST SHRINE RISERS: WR Freddie Barnes, Bowling Green State: With the East quarterbacks lacking great accuracy, Barnes received many chances to show off his ability to catch the ball outside his frame. He extended to snatch a fastball from Fordham's Josh Skelton over the middle on Wednesday, earning affirming nods from scouts watching the play. In contrsct to some of the other receivers on the field for the East team, his strong hands and crisp routes were eye-opening to those not familiar with Barnes' game. - Chad Reuter, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com

01/18/10 - East-West Shrine Monday Practice: Bowling Green State wide receiver Freddie Barnes was one of the stars of the day. He snatched several balls out of the air, adjusting to passes thrown high, low and wide. Toledo strong safety Barry Church found out what it would be like to cover an NFL receiver when Barnes gave him a nice head fake while running down the seam, stopping Church in his tracks and blowing by him. Though Barnes did drop one or two when allowing the ball to get too far into his chest and could be faster out of his breaks, overall he was clearly the best receiver on either squad. - Chad Reuter, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com

Heard he may be a 3rd-5th round guy which means he would be available in a good range for us to nab him.

And he drops balls too so he'd fit right in :lol:

We were at his pro day (FYI)

Stallion wrote:
I do not knwo if he is considered a sleeper but I am impressed with CB Kyle Wilson. I think an minimum he will be a solid #2 and a good KR.

Oh man, someone read it! We would be lucky to get him in the second round now...

www.restoretheroar.webs.com

April 12th, 2010, 9:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4