View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2014, 8:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Sleepers? 
5th Round Pick - Traded

Post Sleepers?
With the start of the college all-star games beginning this weekend with the Shrine game (Sat. 3pm ESPN). I look forward to watching what might be considered, second tier players (not first rounders) perform. Some of the intriguing talent talent that will be on display:

East
Freddie Barnes WR
Greg Hardy DE
Kam Chancellor S
Patrick Stoudamire CB
Sergio Render G
Javarris James RB
Lindsey Witten DE
Mitch Petrus G

West
Reggie Stephens G
Keith Toston RB
Brandon Carter G
Devin Ross CB
Darrell Stuckey S
Brian Jackson CB
TJ Ward S
David Reed WR

These are just a few of the kids participating that I will be looking for, to see if anyone stands out. The following weekend is the Senior bowl with the Lions coaching the north (to bad Suh is not participating) and the weekend after that is Texas vs The Nation game.

January 20th, 2010, 2:08 pm
1st Round Pick

whatever happened to the Hula bowl? It Used to be the College Game. and I keep seeing a Plug on NFL Network for USa versus the world? I havent caught the whole comercial to know what its about.

January 20th, 2010, 2:17 pm
Hall of Fame Player

whatever happened to the Hula bowl? It Used to be the College Game. and I keep seeing a Plug on NFL Network for USa versus the world? I havent caught the whole comercial to know what its about.

Winter Olympics Maybe? I haven't seen it so I am just guessing.
But, you have the senior bowl. Why not have a bowl that featurs Juniors vs. the Seniors. And whatever happened to the Blue Gray game. ( North vs. the south.)

January 20th, 2010, 9:21 pm
Varsity Captain

What about Selvie the DE from South Florida and Carter the OG from Texas Tech. One was hyped last year (Selvie) and has kinda fallen off the radar, and I never really knew what the deal with Carter being kicked off the team was.

January 21st, 2010, 2:38 pm
RIP Killer

Greg Hardy has first round talent, but can't stay off the trainer's table. He'd be a nice pickup in round 2 if Iupati is off the board. Of course, a talented player on the sideline is no talent at all....so I'd hope the Lions would do their medical homework on him.

January 21st, 2010, 9:42 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Greg Hardy has first round talent, but can't stay off the trainer's table. He'd be a nice pickup in round 2 if Iupati is off the board. Of course, a talented player on the sideline is no talent at all....so I'd hope the Lions would do their medical homework on him.

I read today that he's been unimpressive in Shrine game practices. Have to wait for the game to see if he can turn it on. But if he practices poorly then maybe you would want to take a pass on him. I just hope the Lions draft a DE in the first 4 rounds. I just don't feel we have anyone on the current roster that can get it done.

January 22nd, 2010, 12:49 am
RIP Killer

m2karateman wrote:

I read today that he's been unimpressive in Shrine game practices. Have to wait for the game to see if he can turn it on. But if he practices poorly then maybe you would want to take a pass on him. I just hope the Lions draft a DE in the first 4 rounds. I just don't feel we have anyone on the current roster that can get it done.

I read that as well. I've also read something to the effect that he has a poor work ethic, which probably is what leads to his slew of injuries.

Based on all this, I wouldn't want the Lions to take him. If this is the scouting report on Hardy, I can see him falling to round three like Michael Johnson did last year.

January 22nd, 2010, 9:10 am
RIP Killer

OSU Lineman Cordle I think is a O-Lineman we can nab in the later rounds that might tun out to be pretty solid. He was once considered the #2 center in the nation his sophomore year, but spent the past two seasons playing guard and tackle. He can play several positions, but he probably is best suited for center. Love flexible lineman and ones willing to do what it takes to make it.

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sp ... ml?sid=101

January 22nd, 2010, 10:40 am
RIP Killer

I guess Barnes looked like a stud during the practices and the game. Funny thing is... he's not invited to the combine!?

Some info on him from Scouts.

Quote:
01/20/10 - EAST-WEST SHRINE RISERS: WR Freddie Barnes, Bowling Green State: With the East quarterbacks lacking great accuracy, Barnes received many chances to show off his ability to catch the ball outside his frame. He extended to snatch a fastball from Fordham's Josh Skelton over the middle on Wednesday, earning affirming nods from scouts watching the play. In contrsct to some of the other receivers on the field for the East team, his strong hands and crisp routes were eye-opening to those not familiar with Barnes' game. - Chad Reuter, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com

01/18/10 - East-West Shrine Monday Practice: Bowling Green State wide receiver Freddie Barnes was one of the stars of the day. He snatched several balls out of the air, adjusting to passes thrown high, low and wide. Toledo strong safety Barry Church found out what it would be like to cover an NFL receiver when Barnes gave him a nice head fake while running down the seam, stopping Church in his tracks and blowing by him. Though Barnes did drop one or two when allowing the ball to get too far into his chest and could be faster out of his breaks, overall he was clearly the best receiver on either squad. - Chad Reuter, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com

Heard he may be a 3rd-5th round guy which means he would be available in a good range for us to nab him.

January 26th, 2010, 11:47 am
Pro Bowl Player

I guess Barnes looked like a stud during the practices and the game. Funny thing is... he's not invited to the combine!?

Some info on him from Scouts.

Quote:
01/20/10 - EAST-WEST SHRINE RISERS: WR Freddie Barnes, Bowling Green State: With the East quarterbacks lacking great accuracy, Barnes received many chances to show off his ability to catch the ball outside his frame. He extended to snatch a fastball from Fordham's Josh Skelton over the middle on Wednesday, earning affirming nods from scouts watching the play. In contrsct to some of the other receivers on the field for the East team, his strong hands and crisp routes were eye-opening to those not familiar with Barnes' game. - Chad Reuter, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com

01/18/10 - East-West Shrine Monday Practice: Bowling Green State wide receiver Freddie Barnes was one of the stars of the day. He snatched several balls out of the air, adjusting to passes thrown high, low and wide. Toledo strong safety Barry Church found out what it would be like to cover an NFL receiver when Barnes gave him a nice head fake while running down the seam, stopping Church in his tracks and blowing by him. Though Barnes did drop one or two when allowing the ball to get too far into his chest and could be faster out of his breaks, overall he was clearly the best receiver on either squad. - Chad Reuter, The Sports Xchange, NFLDraftScout.com

Heard he may be a 3rd-5th round guy which means he would be available in a good range for us to nab him.

And he drops balls too so he'd fit right in :lol:

January 26th, 2010, 12:08 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

January 26th, 2010, 12:18 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I do not knwo if he is considered a sleeper but I am impressed with CB Kyle Wilson. I think an minimum he will be a solid #2 and a good KR.

January 26th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I know I've brought him up in a RB thread, but I'm interested in seeing RB Joique Bell of Wayne State. He won the Division II Player of the Year award and put up incredible stats. He measured in at 5-10 7/8 and 223 lbs at the Senior Bowl. Other than a couple of highlight videos, I've never seen him play, so I want to see how he stacks up against better competition.

January 26th, 2010, 1:30 pm
RIP Killer

I know I've brought him up in a RB thread, but I'm interested in seeing RB Joique Bell of Wayne State. He won the Division II Player of the Year award and put up incredible stats. He measured in at 5-10 7/8 and 223 lbs at the Senior Bowl. Other than a couple of highlight videos, I've never seen him play, so I want to see how he stacks up against better competition.

Go Tarters. Well that is what they used to be when I got my MBA there... I've been interested in him as well but have never seen him play so I'm leary at this point.

January 26th, 2010, 1:33 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Captain

Pablo we are the Warriors now. But they play on Tartar Drive. Or field.

Everything Ive read has been positive about Bell, including how he has solid hands coming out of the backfield. I have/had a friend on the team and asked about him last year and he said he thought he had the talent and the work rate to go pro, and he also seems to be a stand up guy with little to no character issues (I dont know if he still does this but after every drive my friend said he would get water for all the lineman).

The "problem" so to speak is that he had such a great Senior Bowl that I dont know if hes a sleeper anymore, but I would love to see the Lions move about to get him if it doesnt look like he'll make it to the 4th. Anyone know what his projected 40 time is?

February 2nd, 2010, 1:45 am
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next