View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 22nd, 2014, 6:17 am

Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 2010 NFL Combine 
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

While I've never thought the combine is the end all, be all of scouting, some teams put more stock in it than others. One of the worst offenders are the head coaches with considerable influence. You see, most coaches have huge egos. If they see a player with great speed or incredible strength, their actual game tape may not be as important to them. Why? Because their egos will tell them that they can "coach him up" and turn him into a player. It happens all the time, but very seldom works. That's not the way that I would select players, but more than a few teams operate that way. So, keep that in mind when trying to predict where certain players will get drafted. Afterall, it only takes one team to like a player more than everyone else does for him to get drafted before he should.

March 4th, 2010, 10:34 am
QB Coach

Post Re: 2010 NFL Combine
Cunningham just said in an interview that the team has taken Brandon Spikes off their draft board because he ran a 5 second forty. While you never believe what you hear around this time of year I wonder if this is true.

April 20th, 2010, 9:47 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: 2010 NFL Combine
inheritedlionsfan wrote:
Cunningham just said in an interview that the team has taken Brandon Spikes off their draft board because he ran a 5 second forty. While you never believe what you hear around this time of year I wonder if this is true.

I have heard about several teams taking him off their boards. Kind of makes you wonder if he could be there for the lowsman pick.

April 22nd, 2010, 9:58 am
Reply to topic   [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4