View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 23rd, 2014, 4:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Our "buddies" in Chicago on the draft: 
RIP Killer

Post Our "buddies" in Chicago on the draft:
Haha, check out what Angelo said on the draft:
On Benson:
"He has special traits. But I don't know if he'll be special at this level."

And this gem:
"The running back is not necessarily contingent on the offensive line or quarterback."
Last I knew, Benson would never be Barry quality...Why again was Emitt so good? Oh yeah, that Dallas line was half of the All-Star offense for the 90s.

Some Kid in their chatroom:
It confounds me that the Detroit Lions would pick Mike Williams as their third early 1st round WR in three years. He's great, but it's not their big need right now.

My question is are they using this for trading leverage or do they think with Joey Harrington they can do what Indianapolis did with Peyton and (Reggie Wayne, Brandon Stokley and Marvin Harrison)?

And if so, do you think they'll trade one of the recievers to us?

Sidenote:
Plus, they're all super pissed about taking Bradley in the 2nd. Apparently Angelo had a trade down offer in the 2nd to pick up an extra third and passed. I would rather have a Jerome Mathis and Darryl Blackstock over Mark Bradley - how about y'all???

April 24th, 2005, 9:35 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I would rather have a Jerome Mathis and Darryl Blackstock over Mark Bradley - how about y'all???

Defintily Blackstock, i was surprised how low he fell. :?

April 24th, 2005, 10:32 am
Profile WWW
League MVP

Benson is a legitimate back. I wouldve been more scared if they had taken Cadillac Williams and used him like Faulk or Priest. I expect big improvement from the Bears, though it probably wont translate into many more wins. With the improvement in their offensive line + Benson and Muhammad they will actually be able to move and control the ball this season. Grossman has some tools to work with... They already have a fairly good defense.

April 24th, 2005, 11:02 am
NFL Veteran

Passing on Cadillac for Benson was most def a mistake. They could've had a better pure runner, lower mileage, higher character guy. But nooooooooo, they had to get the crybaby. Good for them.

I think Cedric's sensitive moment can be traced back to the scouting combine. Scouts and team officials implored him to run... but noooo he didn't want to. "I don't wanna." So they said, "fine Ronnie Brown is going to get picked before you then." So when it happened, he felt like he was wronged.... and hence the emotional moment. "Man, I feel like I was wronged by the process." You should've just ran at the combine ya big baby.

April 24th, 2005, 1:09 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]