View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 1st, 2014, 6:29 pm



Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Dream draft scenarios. 
Author Message
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust
User avatar

Joined: December 30th, 2005, 6:55 pm
Posts: 732
Location: Connecticut
Post 
liontrax wrote:
Stallion wrote:
If I had to go dream scenario it would be
1-Rams draft Suh
*Seattle trade us #6 and #14 for #2 and #98
2-Seattle drafts Clausen
3-Tampa Bay drafts McCoy
4-Redskins draft Bradford
5-Chiefs draft Okung
6-Lions draft Eric Berry
Lions trade the #14 pick to the Jets for #29, #61 and #128
29-Lions draft Dan Williams
34-Lions draft Kyle Wilson
61-Lions draft Ryan Matthews
66-Lions draft Greg Hardy
128-Lions draft John Jerry
*lions trade pick #130 for Shaun Rogers
*lions trade pick #143 for Vernon Gholston
162-Lions draft Marcus Easley
UDFA
Kelton Tindal


I like the Kelton Tindale addition, great numbers 6-2, 189, 4.22-40, but I think somebody's going to draft him.


I like the idea of drafting Berry and using him at safety or corner.

_________________
Rebuilding since 1957.


February 24th, 2010, 11:13 am
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post 
While getting Joe Haden at #14 would be a dream scenario, I just don't see it happening. I'm fairly convinced that the Browns will take him at #7, but even if they don't, he'd still have to fall past the Jaguars, Broncos, and 49ers to get to 14. Besides, I think there are several teams that would trade up to grab him if he fell out of the top ten.

_________________
Image


February 24th, 2010, 11:41 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9866
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post 
kdsberman wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
TNLionsFanatic wrote:
Billy - Love the effort, but I will punch a hole through the computer screen if they make that trade with Seattle and then pick Spiller at 6.


You and I both. Spiller isn't worth that high of a pick, and they don't need a RB that badly. At that pick, take Berry who would be the BPA, and then take Haden at 14. Now our secondary would be respectable, and hopefully it would help our pass rush. With #34, I'd take Maurkice Pouncey over Perrish Cox all day long.....and I like Perrish Cox.


Though id love to have Haden at #14, do you really think he's gonna last that long?


In his scenario, Joe Haden is available, but I think he would be gone to Cleveland, Denver or San Fran if Berry is taken the pick before. At that point I see the draft playing out:

#6 Detroit - FS Eric Berry
Berry is the BPA and would allow the Lions to move Delmas to SS, his more natural position. Berry gives the team a credible ballhawk.

#7 Cleveland - ILB Rolando McClain
Cleveland needs to get a stud ILB next to Jackson. McClain is BPA.

#8 Oakland - OT Anthony Davis
Davis would fill a need in a big way. Unless Millen is running their draft room, no way the Raiders take Bryant here...he's not fast enough for Davis to be in love with him.

#9 Buffalo - OT Bryan Bulaga
Despite their transition to a 34 defense, they need offensive tackles BADLY. Brad Butler just went and retired on them. They must draft based on need here.

#10 Denver - WR Dez Bryant (if Marshall is dealt)
CB Joe Haden (if Marshall is still on roster)
If Marshall is gone, I think they take Bryant. If not, I think they go BPA with Haden, since Champ Bailey is long in the tooth and Antonio Smith never really showed much through the season.

#11 Jacksonville (NYG won't trade up) - DE Derrick Morgan
Jacksonville had only 14 sacks last season, and Morgan would be a bargain here they couldn't pass up.

#12 Miami - WR Dez Bryant
If Bryant is still on the board, I could see them taking him here. If not, I would expect them to reach for NT Dan Williams.

#13 San Fran - CB Joe Haden
If Denver passes on Haden, he could fall this far and San Fran wouldn't hesitate to pick him here and move Nate Clements to FS.

#14 Detroit - DT Brian Price
I'd prefer to see this pick traded away, but if not the Lions could go in a number of different directions. Personally, I'd take this guy over Spiller. I am not a big Spiller fan, because I don't think the Lions have a good enough offensive line for him to be a full time back. And the Lions would fill the void they have at DT, plus get a pretty good safety out of the deal with the Seahawks.

OK, but here's my problem. I know this is a "dream draft scenario", but there's no way Seattle makes a deal with Detroit instead of Tampa Bay to move up and get Bradford or Clausen. Neither is good enough, Seattle has greater needs, and they wouldn't trade up higher than they would have to.


February 24th, 2010, 7:24 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9866
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post 
slybri19 wrote:
While getting Joe Haden at #14 would be a dream scenario, I just don't see it happening. I'm fairly convinced that the Browns will take him at #7, but even if they don't, he'd still have to fall past the Jaguars, Broncos, and 49ers to get to 14. Besides, I think there are several teams that would trade up to grab him if he fell out of the top ten.


I think you're very right Sly. San Fran would probably make an offer to move up if he got past Oakland. I think they'd make a trade with Buffalo, who would probably like to move down to get additional picks and get more value for whatever offensive tackle they want. It's unlikely Denver, Jacksonville or Miami are going to take an OT anyways. Atlanta could possibly make a play for him, but I don't think they have the draft pick ammunition, because they don't have a second rounder. I don't see too many teams offering up picks in next years draft for picks this year, since next year is an unknown.


February 24th, 2010, 7:32 pm
Profile
Heisman Winner

Joined: February 10th, 2005, 6:52 pm
Posts: 806
Location: Linden, MI
Post 
scenario #1 mild dream no trades, just picks and guys falling

1-2 G. McCoy
2-2 R. Matthews
3-2 D. Warren
4-2 J. Jerry
5-2 A. Carrington
5-X


a dream with trade downs

1-2 trade to chiefs for 1-5 + G. Dorsey + 3-5

1-5 R. Okung
2-2 R. Matthews
3-2 D. Warren
3-5 C. Jones
4-2 J. Jerry
5-2 A. Carrington

_________________
OK. Schwartz is fired, the fans are happy, now what?


February 25th, 2010, 12:04 am
Profile
5th Round Pick - Traded

Joined: March 21st, 2005, 2:11 pm
Posts: 1051
Location: Wolverine, Mi.
Post 
jrd66 wrote:
scenario #1 mild dream no trades, just picks and guys falling

1-2 G. McCoy
2-2 R. Matthews
3-2 D. Warren
4-2 J. Jerry
5-2 A. Carrington
5-X


a dream with trade downs

1-2 trade to chiefs for 1-5 + G. Dorsey + 3-5

1-5 R. Okung
2-2 R. Matthews
3-2 D. Warren
3-5 C. Jones
4-2 J. Jerry
5-2 A. Carrington




Who is D. Warren? Haven't heard of him.


February 25th, 2010, 1:03 am
Profile
5th Round Pick - Traded

Joined: March 21st, 2005, 2:11 pm
Posts: 1051
Location: Wolverine, Mi.
Post 
I see there is a lot of Eric Berry infatuation going on. Has anyone noticed that Mike Mayock (NFL NETWORK) has dropped him to #2 on his safety rankings. Why the slip? Anyone know?


February 25th, 2010, 1:08 am
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3352
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post 
Pretty sure hes referring to Donovan Warren of Michigan.

As far as Berry goes, man i dont know. I highly respect Mayock and his knowledge, but this one really puzzles me!


February 25th, 2010, 2:39 am
Profile
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels
User avatar

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 12:45 pm
Posts: 1834
Post 
Mayock is argueably one of the better of the mainstream draft analysts and I respect his oppinion more or less. This move however is IMO Mayock wanting people to talk about Mayock. Thomas is a good prospect but he is not on Berry's level IMO. I think McCoy vs. Suh is debatable Berry v. Thomas not so much.

My rational behind supporting Berry is he is top 3 prospect at a position of need. He is IMO the best saftety since Sean Taylor. He fits what we are trying to do on defense perfectly IMO. I am not certain though if I would draft him above McCoy or Suh though.

_________________
2011 Adopted Lion: Rob Sims/Looking for a side job at I.H.O.P because he can't stop making pancakes.


February 25th, 2010, 12:36 pm
Profile
5th Round Pick - Traded

Joined: March 21st, 2005, 2:11 pm
Posts: 1051
Location: Wolverine, Mi.
Post 
My feelings are the Lions won't be able to trade down with there 1st pick. If they can it would be because the Rams were able to. This would be because the top QB's had phenomenal workouts and there was some jockeying for position at the top to get one of the QB's. I don't see Seattle trying to move up, they have too many needs and already have an established QB. With so much depth at the DT position I don't believe there will be interest in trade ups for Suh or McCoy, if they are able to hold on to there lofty status. I have seen Joe Haden rated as high as #4 on a talent board. Could the Lions have him rated that high or higher? Earl Holmes has replaced Eric Berry at the top of Mike Mayock's safety rankings. All these talent boards will fluctuate. As I've said before the Lions best chance for trading down will come in rounds 2 and 3, and I won't speculate on who they would have as a trading partner. So with that said, the following draft would make me very happy.

1st- Suh or McCoy - I don't care which one.

2nd- Kyle Wilson or Patrick Robinson - prefer Wilson, more polished, Robinson more upside. They both display great footwork.

3rd- Here's a curve ball, Toby Gerhart. I think the Lions not only want to take a RB, I believe they need one. I prefer a power back, we already have a couple of speed backs, and with our O-line we need someone that can break tackles.

4th- Austen Lane DE, can't help myself, love the D-line and I don't think Avril is the answer.

5A- John Jerry or Kyle Calloway I thought Jerry was impressive in there bowl game. I know Calloway plays RT, but Gos has been a bust. Move him inside.

5B- Kam Chancellor S, Big hitter!

6th- Blair White WR, catches everything he gets his hands on


I know this list doesn't address our need for speed opposite Calvin. Maybe they could draft a guy like Jacoby Ford in the 4th as opposed to what I have listed.


February 25th, 2010, 12:54 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3352
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post 
I guess i wouldnt mind that scenario, except theres probably no chance we get Wilson with our 2nd rd pick, and personally, id rather have a faster RB than Gerhart. I think the Lions do too.

Im a State fan and I agree, Blair White catches everything thrown his way.


February 25th, 2010, 1:22 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7395
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post 
m2karateman wrote:
OK, but here's my problem. I know this is a "dream draft scenario", but there's no way Seattle makes a deal with Detroit instead of Tampa Bay to move up and get Bradford or Clausen. Neither is good enough, Seattle has greater needs, and they wouldn't trade up higher than they would have to.


They would trade with us if we convinced them Washington was trying to get our pick so They could take Bradford. That would make Tampa's pick a day late and a dollar short.

edited to add:
I also don't buy the argument that Clausen and Bradford aren't good enough. Everyone said the same crap last year. And we got 3 good QB's in the 1st round that are going to be good, productive QB's in the NFL for the next decade. When it comes to QB's, I really think people are overly critical. They slow the film down to frame by frame and pick every movement apart. But, they forget to watch at full speed at what actually happened in real time in a real game. If I were a betting man, I would lay odds that there will be 3, maybe 4 really good QB's in this years draft.


February 26th, 2010, 2:43 am
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7395
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post 
CJ Spiller = The next Chris Johnson = VERY worthy of the #6 overall pick.


In my mock, I used the player rankings list from Footballs future. With every pick, EXCEPT for the Raiders and Jacksonville, I selected the highest rated player that matched a need for each team.

The reason I made exceptions for the Raiders and Jacksonville is because:

Well, the Raiders are the Raiders.

And Jacksonville's owner has pretty much said he wants Tebow. Therefore the two trade downs to get them into the bottom of the 1st round to do it. That way if Tebow ends up a bust, they got a few other holes filled than they would have otherwise.


February 26th, 2010, 3:01 am
Profile
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels
User avatar

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 12:45 pm
Posts: 1834
Post 
BillySims wrote:
CJ Spiller = The next Chris Johnson = VERY worthy of the #6 overall pick.


I disagree with both the comparison and the value. Johnson is very likely to be slower then Johnson and is not as physical. He is more of a Felix Jones.

_________________
2011 Adopted Lion: Rob Sims/Looking for a side job at I.H.O.P because he can't stop making pancakes.


February 26th, 2010, 11:46 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9866
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post 
BillySims wrote:
CJ Spiller = The next Chris Johnson = VERY worthy of the #6 overall pick.


In my mock, I used the player rankings list from Footballs future. With every pick, EXCEPT for the Raiders and Jacksonville, I selected the highest rated player that matched a need for each team.

The reason I made exceptions for the Raiders and Jacksonville is because:

Well, the Raiders are the Raiders.

And Jacksonville's owner has pretty much said he wants Tebow. Therefore the two trade downs to get them into the bottom of the 1st round to do it. That way if Tebow ends up a bust, they got a few other holes filled than they would have otherwise.


Well....I guess if Footballs Future says it, then it must be true. I mean, they've rated just about every other draft so well.......


February 26th, 2010, 2:14 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.