View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 1st, 2014, 6:31 am



Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Dream draft scenarios. 
Author Message
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post 
Personally, I'm not in favor of drafting a RB in the first three rounds since I feel they have so many other more pressing needs. But, the Lions being the Lions, will draft the BPA in each round, so they're liable to take one at any time. If Matthews or Best is available at #34, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lions take them, even though I wouldn't. I'd prefer that they wait until the 4th or 5th round instead.

_________________
Image


March 2nd, 2010, 12:05 pm
Profile
Pro Bowl Player
User avatar

Joined: March 6th, 2006, 1:29 am
Posts: 2490
Location: The Terrordome
Post 
slybri19 wrote:
Personally, I'm not in favor of drafting a RB in the first three rounds since I feel they have so many other more pressing needs. But, the Lions being the Lions, will draft the BPA in each round, so they're liable to take one at any time. If Matthews or Best is available at #34, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lions take them, even though I wouldn't. I'd prefer that they wait until the 4th or 5th round instead.


With all this talk of getting a RB in the 4th or 5th round, I'm wondering where Kevin Smith projected? Were there any good RBs taken after him?

_________________
"If you worry about what the fans say, you’re going to be sitting with them."
-Jim Schwartz


March 2nd, 2010, 1:35 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: August 6th, 2004, 9:21 am
Posts: 9466
Location: Dallas
Post 
lightning_in_a_bottle wrote:
slybri19 wrote:
Personally, I'm not in favor of drafting a RB in the first three rounds since I feel they have so many other more pressing needs. But, the Lions being the Lions, will draft the BPA in each round, so they're liable to take one at any time. If Matthews or Best is available at #34, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lions take them, even though I wouldn't. I'd prefer that they wait until the 4th or 5th round instead.


With all this talk of getting a RB in the 4th or 5th round, I'm wondering where Kevin Smith projected? Were there any good RBs taken after him?


Smith was projected as a 3rd or 4th rounder that year. Jamal Charles and Steve Slayton both went later in the 3rd round. The Cowgirls picked up Tashard Choice in the 4th round that year. I don't recall any other good RBs taken later than that unless you are a UofM homer and liked Mike Hart.

That said, the Lions took Jordon Dizon in the 2nd round one pick after Matt Forte, Ray Rice was the next RB taken off the board after that pick - thanks Millen & company. McFadden/Felix Jones and Chris Johnson were first round picks that year.

_________________
Image
LB Tweet


March 2nd, 2010, 1:47 pm
Profile WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 9:00 am
Posts: 1839
Location: Greensboro, NC
Post 
lightning_in_a_bottle wrote:
slybri19 wrote:
Personally, I'm not in favor of drafting a RB in the first three rounds since I feel they have so many other more pressing needs. But, the Lions being the Lions, will draft the BPA in each round, so they're liable to take one at any time. If Matthews or Best is available at #34, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lions take them, even though I wouldn't. I'd prefer that they wait until the 4th or 5th round instead.


With all this talk of getting a RB in the 4th or 5th round, I'm wondering where Kevin Smith projected? Were there any good RBs taken after him?


Smith was drafted at the top of the third, which was about where he was projected by most of the draftniks (rounds 2-3). Steve Slaton, Tashard Choice, and Tim Hightower were all drafted after Smith. A productive college RB with great speed will almost always go in the first two rounds. These guys were all very productive college players and good NFL players but none have breakaway speed.

_________________
Proud member of the Contract Extension for Schwartz Fan Club.


March 2nd, 2010, 1:51 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3352
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post 
slybri19 wrote:
Personally, I'm not in favor of drafting a RB in the first three rounds since I feel they have so many other more pressing needs. But, the Lions being the Lions, will draft the BPA in each round, so they're liable to take one at any time. If Matthews or Best is available at #34, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Lions take them, even though I wouldn't. I'd prefer that they wait until the 4th or 5th round instead.


Though I agree we have more pressing needs, if Best is there at #34 and guys like Wilson, Graham, Mays etc are gone, I'd probably draft him. It sure would be nice to have an electrifying running back, rather than a 4.5-4.6 guy.


March 2nd, 2010, 8:09 pm
Profile
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7394
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post 
My latest mock draft. A 2 rounder plus the first 2 picks of the 3rd round.

Round 1

1. St. Louis Rams - If you don't have a franchise QB, and you have the 1st pick in the draft, you draft a Franchise QB. Pick - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma

************************TRADE*****************************

The Detroit Lions trade #2 overall to the Washington Redskins for picks #4, #36, and #100( this leaves Washington 160 points shy of the value chart value)

2. Washington Redskins (from Detroit) - Contrary to their public remarks about Campbell, the Redskins have not been happy with his performance. They do, however, love their Pick. They were convinced that Seattle was going to trade up with Tampa Bay to get him, so they traded with Detroit . Pick - Jimmy Clauson, QB, Notre Dame

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Tampa Bay just crapped a brick. They can't believe that he is still on the board. Pick - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

4. Detroit Lions ( from Washington) - The Lions try to trade down again. But, come up short on trade partners. So, they shore up their Defensive line. Pick - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma

5. Kansas City Chiefs - The priority is to protect their investment in Cassell. So, they move Albert to RT and Draft their new LT. Pick - Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma St.

************************TRADE*************************

The Seahawks watched both the top QB's go quickly. And then KC took the OT they wanted. So, they find a willing trade partner and trade down with Oakland. The Seahawks get picks #8, #104, and #136 ( this leaves the Raiders 74 points shy of the value chart value. )

6. Oakland Raiders (from Seattle) - The Raiders love Speed. Speed kills. They fear that Cleveland was going to take their guy. So, they trade up to get him. Pick - Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland

****************NOTE******************************
Every year, in the 1st round, someone does something completely illogical. And it is usually Al Davis. So this could very well happen.

7. Cleveland Browns - The Browns are stunned to see him still on the board. They waste little time getting their card in. Pick - Eric Berry, DB, Tennessee

8. Seattle Seahawks (from Oakland) - Seattle would like to trade down again. But, finding no trade partner, they settle for the best player in a position of need. They get a good one. Comparisons to Chris Johnson. Pick - CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson

9. Buffalo Bills - The Bills are more than happy to see a guy for their QB to target setting their. Pick - Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma St.

10. Jacksonville Jaguars - Need Meets BPA. No brainer. Pick - Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech

11. Denver Broncos (From Chicago) - The Broncos need both of the top 2 BPA's on the board. They struggle with it. But, positional value wins out. CB is more valuable than ILB. Pick - Joe Haden, CB, Florida

12. Miami Dolphins - They filled their ILB hole with Dansby in free agency. Now they pair him up with the best OLB in the draft. Pick - Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama

13. San Francisco 49ers - Need meets BPA. They reach downstate and snatch up a Safety. Pick - Taylor Mays, S, USC

14. Seattle Seahawks (From Denver) - They got a RB with their first pick. Now they need to improve their Offensive Line. Pick - Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa

15. New York Giants - Finding a run stuffing DT is a priority. They found one. Pick - Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee

16. Tennessee Titans - The Titans need to replace KVB. They think they just did. Pick - Everson Griffen, DE, USC

17. San Francisco 49ers (From Carolina) - The 49ers are perfectly located with both of their 1st round picks. Need meets BPA again. Pick - Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers

18. Pittsburgh Steelers - The Steelers find themselves in unfamiliar territory picking this high. But, fortunately, their pick is easy to make because a need matches up with BPA. The run on OT's continues. Pick - Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma

19. Atlanta Falcons - The Falcons would rather trade down. But, no-one wants their spot. So, they pick the BPA at a position of need. Pick - Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame

20. Houston Texans - Fixing their Offensive Line is a priority. Pick - Mike Iupati, OL, Idaho

21. Cincinnati Bengals - Unfortunately for the Bengals, Their greatest needs aren't matching up with the BPA's. They can't find a trade partner. So, they take a player that fills a lesser need, but, is the BPA. Pick - Brian Price, DT, UCLA

22. New England Patriots - How does this keep happening for the Patriots? It must be New England's world and we are all just living in it. Once again, a great player just falls into their lap. Pick - Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan

23. Green Bay Packers - Another team that would rather trade down because their top need does not match up with BPA. But, no-one wants their pick. So, they go with the BPA because it fills a lessor need. Pick - Sergio Kindle, DE/LB, Texas

24. Philadelphia Eagles - The Eagle's are yet another team that the BPA isn't matching up with their greatest needs. Pick -
Earl Thomas, DB, Texas

25. Baltimore Ravens - The Ravens could go CB or WR here. They Opt to give Flacco a target. Pick - Damian Williams, WR, USC

******************************TRADE**********************
The Detroit Lions are desperate. They CANNOT let another CB go off the board until they get one. Arizona gets Picks #34 and #98 ( this leaves the Lions short by 32 points on the DPVC)

26. Detroit Lions (From Arizona) - They coached him in the Senior Bowl and fell in love with him. And he fills a desperate need. Pick - Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise St.

27. Dallas Cowboys - The Cowboys reach just slightly. But, they fill a pressing need. Pick - Charles Brown, OT, USC

28. San Diego Chargers - A slight reach. But, They simply must replace L. T. Pick - Jahvid Best, RB, Cal

29. New York Jets - for once in the latter parts of the 1st round, Need meets BPA. Pick - Carlos Dunlap, DL, Florida

30. Minnesota Vikings - The Vikings really don't have any NEEDS. The closest thing to a need is to protect themselves from Henderson's broken Femur. Pick - Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri

31. Indianapolis Colts - Hey, looky here. Need matches up with BPA again. Pick - Jared Odrick, DT, Penn St.

32. New Orleans Saints - BPA = a lesser need. Pick - Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida

Round 2

33. St. Louis Rams - They make Sam Bradford VERY happy with this pick. And they give him a target to boot. BPA = Pick - Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma

34. Arizona Cardinals (From Detroit) - The Cardinals are forced to reach here. BPA is no where near the Greatest need. But, they simply MUST replace Dansby. Pick - Brandon Spikes, LB, Florida

35. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - They got Suh with their first pick. Now they get him some help on the Defensive Line. Bucs fans love the last name. Pick - Ricky Sapp, DE, Clemson

36. Detroit Lions (From Washington Redskins - The Lions filled two big needs with McCoy and Wilson. They would love to take a RB here. But, the greatest need they still have MUST be addressed. They still have NO-ONE to play CB opposite Wilson. They can't afford to wait until the 3rd round to fill the starting spot. They can afford to wait on a RB.
Pick - Perrish Cox, CB, Oklahoma St.

37. Kansas City Chiefs - They got help for their OL and protected Cassell in the 1st round. Now they give him a target and get a KR at the same time. Pick - Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU

38. Seattle Seahawks - Having already addressed RB and OT, the Seahawks turn their attention to QB. You didn't think Pete Carroll would start out with an OLD QB did you? Pick - Tony Pike, QB, Cincinnati

39. Cleveland Browns - They got their Safety with their 1st pick. Now they have to settle for the highest rated player at a position of need. Pick - Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois

40. Oakland Raiders - They continue fixing their Offensive line. Pick - Vladimir Ducasse, OL, UMass

41. Buffalo Bills - BPA meets a need. Pick - Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama

42. New England ( From Jacksonville) - They have a need for Linebackers. Both OLB and ILB. They fill one. Pick - Darryl Washington, LB, TCU

43. Tampa Bay (From Chicago) - DT, DE, They now get Freeman a target. Pick - Mardy Gilyard, WR, Cincinnati

44. Miami Dolphins - They reach just a little bit here. But, they fill a need with a local kid. Pick - Nate Allen, S, South Florida

45. San Francisco 49ers - BPA meets a need. Pick - Jerry Hughes, DE, TCU

46. Denver Broncos - The closest need to BPA. Pick - Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida

47. New York Giants - They addressed DT in the 1st round. Now they get a Safety. Pick - Chad Jones, S, LSU

48. New England (From Tennessee) - And the rich get richer. Pick - Jamar Chaney, ILB, Mississippi State

49. Carolina Panthers - Highest rated player in a position of need for them. Pick - Cory Wooten, DE, Northwestern

50. Pittsburgh Steelers - They went Offense in the 1st round. They go Defense now. Pick - Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida St.

51. Kansas City (From Atlanta) - Pick - Dekoda Watson,OLB, Florida State

52. Houston Texans - Pick - Kareem Jackson,CB, Alabama

53. Cincinnati Bengals - Pick - Rob Gronkowski,TE, Arizona

54. New England Patriots - Pick - Jon Asamoah,OG, Illinois

55. Green Bay Packers - Pick - Devin McCourty,CB, Rutgers

56. Philadelphia Eagles - Pick - Navorro Bowman,OLB, Penn State

57. Baltimore Ravens - Pick - Chris Cook, CB, Virginia

58. Arizona Cardinals - Pick - Rodger Saffold,OT, Indiana

59. Dallas Cowboys - Pick - Reshad Jones, FS/SS, Georgia

60. San Diego Chargers - Pick - Cam Thomas, NT, North Carolina

61. New York Jets - Pick - Koa Misi, OLB, Utah

62. Minnesota Vikings - Pick - Morgan Burnett, FS, Georgia Tech

63. Indianapolis Colts - Pick - Jared Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale

64. New Orleans Saints - Pick - A.J. Edds, OLB, Iowa

Round 3

65. St. Louis Rams - Pick - Geno Atkins, DT, Georgia

66. Detroit Lions - Pick - Marshall Newhouse, OG, TCU


March 7th, 2010, 5:10 pm
Profile
NFL Team Captain
User avatar

Joined: October 15th, 2005, 6:07 pm
Posts: 1589
Location: Watching Football
Post 
BillySims wrote:
My latest mock draft. A 2 rounder plus the first 2 picks of the 3rd round.

Round 1

1. St. Louis Rams - If you don't have a franchise QB, and you have the 1st pick in the draft, you draft a Franchise QB. Pick - Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma

************************TRADE*****************************

The Detroit Lions trade #2 overall to the Washington Redskins for picks #4, #36, and #100( this leaves Washington 160 points shy of the value chart value)

2. Washington Redskins (from Detroit) - Contrary to their public remarks about Campbell, the Redskins have not been happy with his performance. They do, however, love their Pick. They were convinced that Seattle was going to trade up with Tampa Bay to get him, so they traded with Detroit . Pick - Jimmy Clauson, QB, Notre Dame

3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Tampa Bay just crapped a brick. They can't believe that he is still on the board. Pick - Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska

4. Detroit Lions ( from Washington) - The Lions try to trade down again. But, come up short on trade partners. So, they shore up their Defensive line. Pick - Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma

5. Kansas City Chiefs - The priority is to protect their investment in Cassell. So, they move Albert to RT and Draft their new LT. Pick - Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma St.

************************TRADE*************************

The Seahawks watched both the top QB's go quickly. And then KC took the OT they wanted. So, they find a willing trade partner and trade down with Oakland. The Seahawks get picks #8, #104, and #136 ( this leaves the Raiders 74 points shy of the value chart value. )

6. Oakland Raiders (from Seattle) - The Raiders love Speed. Speed kills. They fear that Cleveland was going to take their guy. So, they trade up to get him. Pick - Bruce Campbell, OT, Maryland

****************NOTE******************************
Every year, in the 1st round, someone does something completely illogical. And it is usually Al Davis. So this could very well happen.

7. Cleveland Browns - The Browns are stunned to see him still on the board. They waste little time getting their card in. Pick - Eric Berry, DB, Tennessee

8. Seattle Seahawks (from Oakland) - Seattle would like to trade down again. But, finding no trade partner, they settle for the best player in a position of need. They get a good one. Comparisons to Chris Johnson. Pick - CJ Spiller, RB, Clemson

9. Buffalo Bills - The Bills are more than happy to see a guy for their QB to target setting their. Pick - Dez Bryant, WR, Oklahoma St.

10. Jacksonville Jaguars - Need Meets BPA. No brainer. Pick - Derrick Morgan, DE, Georgia Tech

11. Denver Broncos (From Chicago) - The Broncos need both of the top 2 BPA's on the board. They struggle with it. But, positional value wins out. CB is more valuable than ILB. Pick - Joe Haden, CB, Florida

12. Miami Dolphins - They filled their ILB hole with Dansby in free agency. Now they pair him up with the best OLB in the draft. Pick - Rolando McClain, LB, Alabama

13. San Francisco 49ers - Need meets BPA. They reach downstate and snatch up a Safety. Pick - Taylor Mays, S, USC

14. Seattle Seahawks (From Denver) - They got a RB with their first pick. Now they need to improve their Offensive Line. Pick - Bryan Bulaga, OT, Iowa

15. New York Giants - Finding a run stuffing DT is a priority. They found one. Pick - Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee

16. Tennessee Titans - The Titans need to replace KVB. They think they just did. Pick - Everson Griffen, DE, USC

17. San Francisco 49ers (From Carolina) - The 49ers are perfectly located with both of their 1st round picks. Need meets BPA again. Pick - Anthony Davis, OT, Rutgers

18. Pittsburgh Steelers - The Steelers find themselves in unfamiliar territory picking this high. But, fortunately, their pick is easy to make because a need matches up with BPA. The run on OT's continues. Pick - Trent Williams, OT, Oklahoma

19. Atlanta Falcons - The Falcons would rather trade down. But, no-one wants their spot. So, they pick the BPA at a position of need. Pick - Golden Tate, WR, Notre Dame

20. Houston Texans - Fixing their Offensive Line is a priority. Pick - Mike Iupati, OL, Idaho

21. Cincinnati Bengals - Unfortunately for the Bengals, Their greatest needs aren't matching up with the BPA's. They can't find a trade partner. So, they take a player that fills a lesser need, but, is the BPA. Pick - Brian Price, DT, UCLA

22. New England Patriots - How does this keep happening for the Patriots? It must be New England's world and we are all just living in it. Once again, a great player just falls into their lap. Pick - Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan

23. Green Bay Packers - Another team that would rather trade down because their top need does not match up with BPA. But, no-one wants their pick. So, they go with the BPA because it fills a lessor need. Pick - Sergio Kindle, DE/LB, Texas

24. Philadelphia Eagles - The Eagle's are yet another team that the BPA isn't matching up with their greatest needs. Pick -
Earl Thomas, DB, Texas

25. Baltimore Ravens - The Ravens could go CB or WR here. They Opt to give Flacco a target. Pick - Damian Williams, WR, USC

******************************TRADE**********************
The Detroit Lions are desperate. They CANNOT let another CB go off the board until they get one. Arizona gets Picks #34 and #98 ( this leaves the Lions short by 32 points on the DPVC)

26. Detroit Lions (From Arizona) - They coached him in the Senior Bowl and fell in love with him. And he fills a desperate need. Pick - Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise St.

27. Dallas Cowboys - The Cowboys reach just slightly. But, they fill a pressing need. Pick - Charles Brown, OT, USC

28. San Diego Chargers - A slight reach. But, They simply must replace L. T. Pick - Jahvid Best, RB, Cal

29. New York Jets - for once in the latter parts of the 1st round, Need meets BPA. Pick - Carlos Dunlap, DL, Florida

30. Minnesota Vikings - The Vikings really don't have any NEEDS. The closest thing to a need is to protect themselves from Henderson's broken Femur. Pick - Sean Weatherspoon, LB, Missouri

31. Indianapolis Colts - Hey, looky here. Need matches up with BPA again. Pick - Jared Odrick, DT, Penn St.

32. New Orleans Saints - BPA = a lesser need. Pick - Jason Pierre-Paul, DE, South Florida

Round 2

33. St. Louis Rams - They make Sam Bradford VERY happy with this pick. And they give him a target to boot. BPA = Pick - Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma

34. Arizona Cardinals (From Detroit) - The Cardinals are forced to reach here. BPA is no where near the Greatest need. But, they simply MUST replace Dansby. Pick - Brandon Spikes, LB, Florida

35. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - They got Suh with their first pick. Now they get him some help on the Defensive Line. Bucs fans love the last name. Pick - Ricky Sapp, DE, Clemson

36. Detroit Lions (From Washington Redskins - The Lions filled two big needs with McCoy and Wilson. They would love to take a RB here. But, the greatest need they still have MUST be addressed. They still have NO-ONE to play CB opposite Wilson. They can't afford to wait until the 3rd round to fill the starting spot. They can afford to wait on a RB.
Pick - Perrish Cox, CB, Oklahoma St.

37. Kansas City Chiefs - They got help for their OL and protected Cassell in the 1st round. Now they give him a target and get a KR at the same time. Pick - Brandon LaFell, WR, LSU

38. Seattle Seahawks - Having already addressed RB and OT, the Seahawks turn their attention to QB. You didn't think Pete Carroll would start out with an OLD QB did you? Pick - Tony Pike, QB, Cincinnati

39. Cleveland Browns - They got their Safety with their 1st pick. Now they have to settle for the highest rated player at a position of need. Pick - Arrelious Benn, WR, Illinois

40. Oakland Raiders - They continue fixing their Offensive line. Pick - Vladimir Ducasse, OL, UMass

41. Buffalo Bills - BPA meets a need. Pick - Terrence Cody, DT, Alabama

42. New England ( From Jacksonville) - They have a need for Linebackers. Both OLB and ILB. They fill one. Pick - Darryl Washington, LB, TCU

43. Tampa Bay (From Chicago) - DT, DE, They now get Freeman a target. Pick - Mardy Gilyard, WR, Cincinnati

44. Miami Dolphins - They reach just a little bit here. But, they fill a need with a local kid. Pick - Nate Allen, S, South Florida

45. San Francisco 49ers - BPA meets a need. Pick - Jerry Hughes, DE, TCU

46. Denver Broncos - The closest need to BPA. Pick - Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida

47. New York Giants - They addressed DT in the 1st round. Now they get a Safety. Pick - Chad Jones, S, LSU

48. New England (From Tennessee) - And the rich get richer. Pick - Jamar Chaney, ILB, Mississippi State

49. Carolina Panthers - Highest rated player in a position of need for them. Pick - Cory Wooten, DE, Northwestern

50. Pittsburgh Steelers - They went Offense in the 1st round. They go Defense now. Pick - Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida St.

51. Kansas City (From Atlanta) - Pick - Dekoda Watson,OLB, Florida State

52. Houston Texans - Pick - Kareem Jackson,CB, Alabama

53. Cincinnati Bengals - Pick - Rob Gronkowski,TE, Arizona

54. New England Patriots - Pick - Jon Asamoah,OG, Illinois

55. Green Bay Packers - Pick - Devin McCourty,CB, Rutgers

56. Philadelphia Eagles - Pick - Navorro Bowman,OLB, Penn State

57. Baltimore Ravens - Pick - Chris Cook, CB, Virginia

58. Arizona Cardinals - Pick - Rodger Saffold,OT, Indiana

59. Dallas Cowboys - Pick - Reshad Jones, FS/SS, Georgia

60. San Diego Chargers - Pick - Cam Thomas, NT, North Carolina

61. New York Jets - Pick - Koa Misi, OLB, Utah

62. Minnesota Vikings - Pick - Morgan Burnett, FS, Georgia Tech

63. Indianapolis Colts - Pick - Jared Veldheer, OT, Hillsdale

64. New Orleans Saints - Pick - A.J. Edds, OLB, Iowa

Round 3

65. St. Louis Rams - Pick - Geno Atkins, DT, Georgia

66. Detroit Lions - Pick - Marshall Newhouse, OG, TCU


Gee, somebody was bored? :lol:

Interesting scenario Billy and one I could live with.

_________________
Lions Fan since King Kong was a Spider Monkey!


March 7th, 2010, 9:45 pm
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3352
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post 
I would be more than happy with this scenario. Get 3 defensive starters that are all needs.


March 7th, 2010, 9:53 pm
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9866
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post 
I'd be beyond pissed if the Lions passed over Maurkice Pouncey for Perrish Cox. There's no way Pouncey drops as far as you project him to. You have Tampa passing him over twice in the second round. With their interior needs on the offensive line, there's no way that happens. I actually project him to be taken in the first round by Indy. Yes, they need a DT, but keeping Peyton Manning healthy is their first order of business.

I do like the trade up scenario to nab Wilson in round one. And IF Pouncey were already off the board with the #36 pick, then I'd be OK with Cox....but I'd prefer Devin McCourty.


March 7th, 2010, 11:27 pm
Profile
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell
User avatar

Joined: August 7th, 2004, 4:47 am
Posts: 10943
Location: Sterling Heights, MI
Post 
Calm down, M2K. It's just a mock draft. It's not like it's real or anything. :lol:

With that said, I agree with you about Maurkice Pouncey and Devin McCourty. I would prefer either of them over Perrish Cox. Right now, I figure that Wilson will be gone, so McCourty is my favorite for the 34th pick.

Oh, and by the way, I noticed that you have a mock draft on Draft Debacled. I never click on those stupid things from Walter's mock draft database, but I had to check out the one by "m2karateman". Not bad.

_________________
Image


March 8th, 2010, 12:56 am
Profile
RIP Killer
User avatar

Joined: October 20th, 2004, 4:16 pm
Posts: 9866
Location: Where ever I'm at now
Post 
slybri19 wrote:
Calm down, M2K. It's just a mock draft. It's not like it's real or anything. :lol:

With that said, I agree with you about Maurkice Pouncey and Devin McCourty. I would prefer either of them over Perrish Cox. Right now, I figure that Wilson will be gone, so McCourty is my favorite for the 34th pick.

Oh, and by the way, I noticed that you have a mock draft on Draft Debacled. I never click on those stupid things from Walter's mock draft database, but I had to check out the one by "m2karateman". Not bad.


Actually, I have three on there.....I am a sicko......but I haven't really updated them in quite a while. I am trying to put one together to publish here. With the movement in free agency, as it is every year, the projected picks changes dramatically. With Baltimore landing the trade for Boldin and signing Stallworth, I don't see them using their first or second round pick on a WR. Perhaps a TE? Who knows.

I understand that it is just a mock.....and Billy did a very good job on many of his projections. I like the trade up scenario to grab Wilson. Now that we have Chris Houston, getting a player like Wilson would give us an entirely new look in the secondary, and one that would support Gunner's defense more.

Now we'd just need ball hawking FS and move Delmas to SS.......

Chris Cook in the third round??


March 8th, 2010, 12:43 pm
Profile
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)
User avatar

Joined: April 5th, 2007, 5:51 pm
Posts: 2281
Post 
m2karateman wrote:
Chris Cook in the third round??


I Like cook a lot after reading some more info about him.


March 8th, 2010, 9:59 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Hall of Fame Player
User avatar

Joined: May 7th, 2005, 3:25 pm
Posts: 7394
Location: Earth/Sagittarius Dwarf Galaxy
Post 
TNLionsFanatic wrote:
Gee, somebody was bored? :lol:

Interesting scenario Billy and one I could live with.


Yeah, I was on a 34 Hour Restart. I don't know if you know what that means.
So, here's a simplified explanation:

A truck driver has 70 Hrs in an 8 day period in which he can work.

He can only drive a maximum of 11 Hours in a day.
Then he MUST take a 10 Hr Break.

When you get down to where you can only work for a couple of hours in a day because of the 70 Hour rule, you might as well shut down for 34 consecutive hours. That gives you a fresh 70 Hours that you can work. Thus the term Restart.


March 9th, 2010, 12:00 am
Profile
5th Round Pick - Traded
User avatar

Joined: January 11th, 2005, 11:35 pm
Posts: 1079
Post 
My dream draft is if the Lions can come away with 4 starters in their first 4 picks.

I'm pretty sure you're looking Suh and McCoy with the first pick. Once again I believe that there is actually less than 0% chance of trading down.

I think Lions are going to have to take a CB with the 2nd round pick.

They should be able to get a starting SS or OG in the 3rd and 4th rounds.

That would fill most of the remaining holes but upgrades and depth are still needed everywhere.

_________________
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.


March 9th, 2010, 1:08 am
Profile
Team MVP
User avatar

Joined: February 20th, 2007, 10:51 pm
Posts: 3352
Location: Saginaw, MI
Post 
Yeah I am really starting to think that even if we can trade down, it might not be a good idea to pass on a guy like Ndamukong Suh. Yes, we did upgrade the D-line, but it isnt anywhere near "great". We should still draft Suh to further upgrade it. That, too, will benefit KVB.

But I have a question...if you're the Lions, do you try and trade up to get Kyle Wilson, whose rated as the 2nd best CB, or do you stay put at #34 and take a lesser quality CB?

Before free agency started, i would be all against trading up, but I also never would have thought that the Lions would actually sign quality players. So now, I guess i wouldnt be against trading up to get Wilson, depending on what we would have to give up. I mean, Wilson really does look good.


March 9th, 2010, 9:54 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware.