View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 10:35 pm

Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Dream draft scenarios. 
Hall of Fame Player

BillySims wrote:
Juicy rumor I heard about on Sirius NFL Radio today. A caller mentioned that the hot rumor going around Oakland is that Al Davis is in Man Love with Suh and wants to trade up to get him.

Wow. I just looked at the draft pick trade value chart to see what we could bilk Al Davis out of. There 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounders this year and they would still be short. If you add their 2nd and 3rd rounders next year, they would still be just shy of the trade chart value.

Is Al Davis senile enough to pull the trigger?

I certainly hope so.

There's an outside chance we could still get McCoy at #8. If not, we are in Joe Haden, CB, Florida territory. And we would have enough ammo to trade back into the bottom of the 1st for Brandon Graham/Dan Williams/Kyle Wilson/fill in the blank.

That would be absolutely amazing, but do you think they would trade with us, or St. Louis (to get ahead of us)??

St. Louis is not a threat to take Suh. Anyone who really thinks a team picking #1 overall would pick a DT when they need a franchise QB and there is one available, would also think I have a bridge in Brooklyn for sale. It just doesn't happen. And if the Rams did draft Suh, they would be ridiculed from now until the end of time. It just won't happen :!:

March 24th, 2010, 12:04 am
Team MVP

Good point, guess I wasnt thinking. I sure hope Al Davis pulls the trigger and calls the Lions on draft day. That would be unbelievable for that to happen.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 24th, 2010, 12:08 am
Hall of Fame Player

P.S. The Rams Drafting Suh this year at #1 overall, is akin to if the Lions had drafted Aaron Curry last year at #1 overall. We would have both missed out on a franchise QB and been left with a disappointment on defense. Because regardless how good the defender was, they could never be as good for the team as a franchise QB can be.

March 24th, 2010, 12:10 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

We couldnt get "Trade Value" from that old chart, not even AD is that stupid/nutz (i think), but Id trade back for 1st,2nd,3rd this year in a heartbeat with Oakland.

The reason we would be the logical trade partner for Anyone who "NEEDS SUH", (i personally doubt any team needs him like that) is that TB would love to have him at 3. TB doesnt make a logical partner, because most likely we will take him if stuck at 2. The Rams are taking Bradford unless he flops his workouts with them. That leaves us at #2 as the logical choice to trade with if you want suh.

Id consider that a dream scenario.

#8,#34,#40,#66,#72,#100,#133

In This Draft. Awww yeah.

March 24th, 2010, 1:36 am
Profile ICQ WWW
NFL Veteran

I think people need to throw that trade value chart out the door.

Or come up with a new one. I doubt any GM or FO personel really takes that thing seriously.

March 24th, 2010, 9:15 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Before all of you start insisting that the Rams won't take Suh at #1, we need to see if a deal is made by them for a QB before the draft. The McNabb to St. Louis trade rumors are getting hot and heavy right about now. If that happens, guess who they take? Still think it would be Bradford?

March 24th, 2010, 9:31 pm

Before all of you start insisting that the Rams won't take Suh at #1, we need to see if a deal is made by them for a QB before the draft. The McNabb to St. Louis trade rumors are getting hot and heavy right about now. If that happens, guess who they take? Still think it would be Bradford?

COnsidering McNabb would be done in under 2 years, Yes. I Still think Bradford is the right call, and giving the #1 overall pick to Suh would end up hurting them from moving forward.

How much money (and lack of production) do they already have in their D-Line?

The Only reason NOT to pick bradford, is if he is not worthy of being their pick. Not because they get McNabb. If they decide he is not worth it, they will go elsewhere, or even just go stopgap for now. If he is worth the pick, you make it.

I am not saying this is what will happen. I am saying if they trade for mcNabb, and then pass on a top flight QB prospect. They will still be a 1-4 win team 3-4 years from now.

March 24th, 2010, 10:20 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Hmmm.

Or come up with a new one. I doubt any GM or FO personel really takes that thing seriously.

OK. So come up with a new one.

I here people say to throw it out and come up with a new one a hundred times a year. No-one ever comes up with a new one.

Until someone comes up with a new one, we have no choice but to refer to the old one now do we?

RANT OFF.

March 24th, 2010, 10:38 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Hmmm.

I agree with you about the first 3 picks, but after that, the values seem appropriate. IMO, I'd put the 1st pick at 2400 instead of 3000, the 2nd pick at 2200 instead of 2600, the 3rd pick at 2000 instead of 2200, and keep everything else the same.

March 24th, 2010, 10:39 pm
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:

COnsidering McNabb would be done in under 2 years, Yes. I Still think Bradford is the right call, and giving the #1 overall pick to Suh would end up hurting them from moving forward.

How much money (and lack of production) do they already have in their D-Line?

The Only reason NOT to pick bradford, is if he is not worthy of being their pick. Not because they get McNabb. If they decide he is not worth it, they will go elsewhere, or even just go stopgap for now. If he is worth the pick, you make it.

I am not saying this is what will happen. I am saying if they trade for mcNabb, and then pass on a top flight QB prospect. They will still be a 1-4 win team 3-4 years from now.

Not to argue with you, but do you REALLY think they would spend their first pick on Bradford, therefore using their #1 and #2 pick on the quarterback position?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

March 24th, 2010, 10:42 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Ram's GM Billy Devainey has denied ever talking to Philadelphia about Donovan. I don't believe it is a smokescreen. McNabb would be absolutely the worst thing the Rams could do. Trade the equivalent of a 1st rounder, with as deep as this years draft is, for a guy that Might have 4 years left in the tank? HIGHLY UNLIKELY :!:

March 24th, 2010, 10:43 pm

Not to argue with you, but do you REALLY think they would spend their first pick on Bradford, therefore using their #1 and #2 pick on the quarterback position?

No. I would assume they would make the wrong decision compounding the earlier wrong decision and draft another DL.

I was basically trying to say that McNabb is a terrible Idea for them. Like this:

BillySims wrote:
Ram's GM Billy Devainey has denied ever talking to Philadelphia about Donovan. I don't believe it is a smokescreen. McNabb would be absolutely the worst thing the Rams could do. Trade the equivalent of a 1st rounder, with as deep as this years draft is, for a guy that Might have 4 years left in the tank? HIGHLY UNLIKELY :!:

March 25th, 2010, 4:59 am
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

Honolulu_Blue wrote:
Hmmm.

OK. So come up with a new one.

I here people say to throw it out and come up with a new one a hundred times a year. No-one ever comes up with a new one.

Until someone comes up with a new one, we have no choice but to refer to the old one now do we?

RANT OFF.

Actually, you'd have to develop a new draft trade chart every year based on the depth of the draft, comparative value of the players, etc.

It all comes down to a matter of the talent of the player being targeted, and the need he can fulfill.

Look at how badly the Browns wanted Kellen Winslow, Jr. They parted with a second round pick to move up from 7 to 6 in that particular draft.
They should have parted with no more than a 4th rounder, in my opinion. They should have at least got a third rounder back from us as part of the deal, if they were going to give up their second rounder.

In this draft year, a third round pick is going to carry much higher value than in normal draft years.

According to a typical draft pick value chart, if Cleveland offered up all three of their third round picks, and their second round pick, it would give them just enough ammunition to swap their first round pick with us.

Can you imagine getting a second and three third round picks for the #2 pick? In this draft? I'd take that deal all day long. I would take just the second rounder for them to move up. But according to the chart, that would only get them to the fourth pick range.

I agree, these charts can't be used realisitically to map trade values. Particularly at the top of the first round, where the pick values are inflated and don't take into account the salaries having to be paid. And in this draft especially, I don't feel the value between the three highest rated players (at least on my board...Suh, McCoy and Berry) is that far removed from Okung, Bradford or Morgan...because all three are considered to play more important positions than DT or S.

Player position, salary to be paid, and talent level of the players involved need to be taken into account. This chart is a guideline, nothing more.

March 25th, 2010, 8:27 am
NFL Team Captain

1. St. Louis - Suh, DT(Causes bidding war for #2)

2. Seattle - Bradford, QB (After outbidding Washington by throwing in both 1st swaping 2nds and giving us their 3rd in 2010 and a #2 next year)

3. Tampa - McCoy, DT

4. Washington - Clausen, QB (Pissed and decide to reach)

5. Kansas City - Berry, S

6. Detroit - Okung, OT

7. Cleveland - Haden, CB

8. Oakland - Bulaga, OT

9. Bills - Spiller, RB

10. Jacksonville - Morgan, DE

11. Denver - McClain, LB

12. Miami - Kindle, DE/OLB

13. San Fran - Thomas, S

14. Detroit - Williams, DT (From Seattle)

22. Detroit - Wilson, CB (trade with New England - we give up our #2 and Seattles #3 to move up)

66. Detroit - Dwyer, RB

That gives us in the first 3 rounds:

Russell Okung - OT
Dan Williams - DT
Kyle Wilson - CB
Jonathon Dwyer - RB
Also an extra #2 in 2011

BPA the rest of the way for 2010 draft.

Highly unlikely but a "dream" draft IMO.

March 28th, 2010, 12:12 pm
Team MVP

That would be absolutely amazing. Though mostly unlikely, it COULD happen.

One thing though, I just dont see anyone trading with us if Suh is pick #1. I mean, if someone wants a QB, dont you think they would trade with TB? Maybe im missing something.

March 28th, 2010, 8:28 pm
Reply to topic   [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next