View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 18th, 2014, 9:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Dream draft scenarios. 
RIP Killer

TNlionsfanatic..

That would be absolutely amazing. Though mostly unlikely, it COULD happen.

One thing though, I just dont see anyone trading with us if Suh is pick #1. I mean, if someone wants a QB, dont you think they would trade with TB? Maybe im missing something.

You could be right. But the fact is, if a team is really targeting Bradford, they aren't going to risk the Lions trading the pick while they are making a deal with Tampa Bay.

At one time I thought the same thing....any team interested in a QB will contact the Bucs. But that means a risk of missing out on Bradford, something that a team who is willing to move up to number three would struggle to accept, in my opinion.

And keep in mind, Mayhew has said he's willing to deal the second pick. He's also said he's spoken with a couple teams regarding that pick.....whether that's true or not, who knows. But he has set the wheels in motion for a team that has not spoken with the Lions to suddenly become very scared of not moving up that one spot to get their guy.

I gotta say, Mayhew is playing this one pretty smart. He's got people thinking and re-thinking who the Lions are truly interested in.

March 28th, 2010, 8:50 pm
Team MVP

I gotta say, Mayhew is playing this one pretty smart. He's got people thinking and re-thinking who the Lions are truly interested in.

You're definetly right. Hes got my VERY confused on who they are targeting.

Also, not to argue by any means. But im still not understanding why a team would trade with us and not the Bucs. Why would a team be scared of us maybe trading with the Bucs?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 28th, 2010, 8:57 pm
NFL Team Captain

m2karateman wrote:

You're definetly right. Hes got my VERY confused on who they are targeting.

Also, not to argue by any means. But im still not understanding why a team would trade with us and not the Bucs. Why would a team be scared of us maybe trading with the Bucs?

What M2K is saying is that if ST. Louis takes Suh that any team that wants Bradford will have to discuss a trade with Detroit first because they will not know who we are talking with. Kinda of like my dream draft scenario. Washington and Seattle both covet Bradford, if Washington decides to talk to Tampa about moving up and Seattle is talking to Detroit, it's a mute point for Washington, so in theory they should want to talk with Detroit first. I know your thinking we don't need a QB so no one will talk to us because we won't draft Bradford. You are correct in that thinking, but teams that covet Bradford will be looking to out duel the other teams in the market, bringing us back into the mix.

I could see Mayhew making calls to all the teams with QB needs asap if the Rams take Suh, especially if they come to terms before the draft.

March 28th, 2010, 9:28 pm
Team MVP

Couldnt the teams wanting a QB just wait for Detroit to select, THEN trade with the Bucs? Pretty much the trade talks right now just involve teams wanting Suh, correct? So if Suh is taken, im not understanding why a team needing a QB would feel threatened with another teams trade with us.

I am a little slow, so bear with me.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

March 28th, 2010, 9:35 pm
Heisman Winner

Couldnt the teams wanting a QB just wait for Detroit to select, THEN trade with the Bucs? Pretty much the trade talks right now just involve teams wanting Suh, correct? So if Suh is taken, im not understanding why a team needing a QB would feel threatened with another teams trade with us.

That's the obvious move, so a savvy team that wants to win the race to get the QB may trade with Detroit to beat the rivals to the punch of trading with TB for #3. If Bradford is there, you can trade to #2 and be certain to pick him. If you wait and bet on #3, one of the other teams might get in front of you at #2 leaving you out of luck.

March 28th, 2010, 9:48 pm
Team MVP

That would be pretty nice to have that happen.

Still wouldnt mind the trade with Cleveland to get all their 3rd rounders, then maybe use one to move back into the first.

March 29th, 2010, 8:07 am
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

I know I've brought this up before in another thread, but I heard it again this weekend. There is talk about Tampa moving up to #1 to get Suh, with the Rams thinking they could get Bradford at #3. In this scenario, a team (Washington, Cleveland, Buffalo, etc.) could leapfrog the Rams to get Bradford at #2.

Smokescreens being what they are, what if Mayhew if floating the possibility of trading down to prevent the Rams from doing this? It's the silly season, so nothing would surprise me.

March 29th, 2010, 9:14 am
Team MVP

I think if the Rams did trade with the Bucs, they would very much so be screwing themselves! Unless for some very odd reason they werent ever in the hunt for a quarterback, which is hard to believe.

March 29th, 2010, 9:20 am
Red Shirt Freshman

I think if the Rams did trade with the Bucs, they would very much so be screwing themselves! Unless for some very odd reason they werent ever in the hunt for a quarterback, which is hard to believe.

I also don't see them trading out of the first pick unless they don't want a QB and just want extra picks and the go BPA. However, I am on that thinks the Rams will select a QB, probably Bradford, so I do see a lot of interest in another team wanting the #2 selection.

March 29th, 2010, 1:10 pm
Team MVP

And if you think about it, GENERALLY when a team is picking #1 overall, theyre in need of a quarterback. The Rams are no exception.

March 29th, 2010, 1:19 pm
RIP Killer

There is no way the Rams chance that. With all the "success" lately of early first round draft picks, there is no way they risk a guy like Bradford. He's TOO good to risk.

March 29th, 2010, 1:29 pm
Walk On

kdsberman wrote:

That's the obvious move, so a savvy team that wants to win the race to get the QB may trade with Detroit to beat the rivals to the punch of trading with TB for #3. If Bradford is there, you can trade to #2 and be certain to pick him. If you wait and bet on #3, one of the other teams might get in front of you at #2 leaving you out of luck.

The difference in value to move up from #3 to #2 is about a third round pick. So teams that have even just one extra pick in the third from what they would do for #3, it would make the most sense to trade as early up as possible to make sure they are not jumped over. Its why Philly jumped in front of us for Maclin, they thought we were trading back with someone else (NYG if I remember correctly), not that we would draft Maclin.

March 29th, 2010, 1:58 pm
Hall of Fame Player

TNlionsfanatic..

That would be absolutely amazing. Though mostly unlikely, it COULD happen.

One thing though, I just dont see anyone trading with us if Suh is pick #1. I mean, if someone wants a QB, dont you think they would trade with TB? Maybe im missing something.

All it takes is for Mayhew to convince everyone who wants Bradford, that someone is trying to trade up to #2. And if they really want Bradford, they had better offer something better than the other guy on the other phone.

#3 overall will be a day late and a dollar short.

March 30th, 2010, 11:42 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

If the Rams think that moving back to #3 to grab Bradford would be savvy they need to think again. It would most definitely benefit the Lions because they could then move back to #4 with Washington, #7 to Cleveland or #9 to Buffalo where they could move to #2 and take Bradford, leaving the Rams with Clausen as consolation. I guess they could take McCoy there but they'd be pissed because they missed out on the top 2 on their board. Idiots.

At #4 the Lions could take McCoy or Okung, #7 Bulaga or Morgan or at #9 Haden. Not to mention whatever else gets thrown into that deal could be sweet. If a team was to trade into the #1 spot to grab Suh wouldn't the Lions almost have to move out of 2? Is McCoy worth that pick or would they try to move down and fill something else. My feeling is that the Lions wouldn't take him and try to grab an OT.

March 31st, 2010, 12:18 pm
RIP Killer

If the Rams think that moving back to #3 to grab Bradford would be savvy they need to think again. It would most definitely benefit the Lions because they could then move back to #4 with Washington, #7 to Cleveland or #9 to Buffalo where they could move to #2 and take Bradford, leaving the Rams with Clausen as consolation. I guess they could take McCoy there but they'd be pissed because they missed out on the top 2 on their board. Idiots.

At #4 the Lions could take McCoy or Okung, #7 Bulaga or Morgan or at #9 Haden. Not to mention whatever else gets thrown into that deal could be sweet. If a team was to trade into the #1 spot to grab Suh wouldn't the Lions almost have to move out of 2? Is McCoy worth that pick or would they try to move down and fill something else. My feeling is that the Lions wouldn't take him and try to grab an OT.

McCoy is definitely worth the second overall pick. Suh gets a bunch of hype, and he played well enough to deserve it. But McCoy isn't light years behind Suh in his talent. That's why some analysts have them listed as 1A and 1B rather than 1 and 2.

March 31st, 2010, 5:07 pm
Reply to topic   [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next