View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 27th, 2014, 6:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
 McP Draft Tracker 
RIP Killer

Post McP Draft Tracker

QBS in the first 3 rounds:

1. Alex Smith - Utah (49ERS)
24. Aaron Rodgers - CAL (PACKERS)
25. Jason Campbell - Auburn (REDSKINS)
67. Charlie Frye - Akron (BROWNS)
69. Andrew Walter - Arizona State (OAKLAND)
85. David Greene - Georgia (SEAHAWKS)

Made it through round 4! :idea:

RND 4 QBS:

106. Kyle Orton - Purdue (BEARS)
121. Stephen Lefors - Louisville (PANTHERS)

Onto round 5... :evil:

And with the 184th selection in the 2005 NFL Draft, the Detroit Lions select Adrian McPherson, QB, Florida State and the Indiana Firebirds [-o<

Last edited by Pablo on April 24th, 2005, 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 24th, 2005, 12:59 pm
Profile WWW
Hall of Fame Player

Why don't you track Ernest Shazor while you're at it? Can anyone explain why he's plumetting here?

April 24th, 2005, 1:06 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Why don't you track Ernest Shazor while you're at it? Can anyone explain why he's plumetting here?

Shazor is overrated by folks in the Detroit area. I had Donte Nicholson well ahead of him on my SS chart and he just got taken at 141 by Tampa. Shazor could be on the board a bit longer.

Plus the Lions have Kennedy now, we don't need a SS. We need a QB...

April 24th, 2005, 1:16 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

They could use a SS and cut Bracy Walker. I don't even think Walker's good on special teams. As far as SS goes...I'd rather have a UDFA come in to compete with Walker.

Here's a thought...we should scarf up all the guys that get cut by the Eagles during their training camp. They have a pretty full roster now, and with 13 picks, they're going to have to cut a lot of their later round guys.

Last edited by conversion02 on April 24th, 2005, 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 24th, 2005, 1:19 pm
Pro Bowl Player

4thNgoal: Any new draft risers you've heard about through the grapevine ?
TomKowalski FELLAS ... HERE'S THE THING ABOUT THE DRAFT ... BY THE TIME WE TALK AGAIN ON WED. A LOT OF STUFF IS GOING TO CHANGE ... BUT YOU HAVE TO KEEP PACE WITH IT TO FIND OUT WHAT'S CONSISTENT AND WHAT'S NONSENSE ...

LionFanInChicago: Tom, your thoughts on drafting McPherson?? thanks!
TomKowalski THE LIONS LIKE MCPHERSON ALOT ... THE QUESTION IS WHO IS GOING TO PULL THE TRIGGER ON HIM FIRST ...

AZlionfan: Will Baas still be there for the taking in the 2nd round?
TomKowalski I'M NOT SURE THEY'D TAKE BAAS ... THEY LIKE HIM, BUT I THINK THEY'D PREFER A TACKLE, WHO COULD ALSO PLAY GUARD ...

FriendOfGarcia: what round for mchperson?
TomKowalski I THINK SOMEONE WILL TAKE MCPHERSON IN THE THIRD ROUND, BUT I DON'T THINK IT'LL BE THE LIONS ... IF HE'S THERE IN THE FOURTH, I THINK THEY MIGHT DO IT ... REMEMBER, THE LIONS DON'T HAVE A FIFTH ROUNDER THIS YEAR ...

consordia: What about a #3 WR?
TomKowalski THE LIONS BELIEVE THEY CAN GET A GOOD RECEIVER IN THE SECOND OR THIRD ROUND ... IT'S DEEP ...

johnbobbitt: tom- are the lions looking at marlin jackson or shazor?
TomKowalski I THINK THE LIONS WOULD PREFER MARLIN JACKSON OVER SHAZOR BECAUSE JACKSON COULD PLAY BOTH NICKEL AND SAFETY, IF NECESSARY ...

MuleBack: Tom any chance Kalimba gets cut??
TomKowalski KALIMBA WON'T GET CUT ... HE'S GOT ONE MORE YEAR TOI PROVE HIMSELF ...

ted: Tom,how do you know that things are changing regarding the draft? How do you cut through all the BS that GM's around the league are spewing?
TomKowalski IT'S GOING TO BE AN INTERESTING DRAFT BECAUSE OF THE POSSIBLE MOVEMENT AND THE MISH-MASH OF PLAYERS ... TWO DAYS AGO, IT LOOKED LIKE SMITH MIGHT FALL TO THE LIONS ... NOW IT LOOKS LIKE THE NINERS ARE GOING TO TAKE HIM AT NO. 1 ... IT MIGHT CHANGE AGAIN IN TWO DAYS ... THAT'S WHY IT'S FUN ... AND AGGRAVATING ...

Traversecitylionsfan: What is the latest with Eddie Drummond??
TomKowalski DRUMMOND WILL EVENTUALLY SIGN HIS ONE-YEAR TENDER OFFER ... I DON'T THINK THE LIONS ARE INTERESTED IN SIGNING HIM TO A LONG TERM DEAL ... NOT YET ...

April 24th, 2005, 1:21 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

We just traded up into the 5th round to take Dan Orlovsky.

No McPherson for us...

April 24th, 2005, 1:27 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

April 24th, 2005, 1:29 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

What an idiot. This is millens worst draft IMO. I would have had a better draft.

April 24th, 2005, 1:30 pm
Profile WWW
QB Coach

This is a fine draft. Orlovsky is a solid QB that has upside. He doesn't carry the baggage that McPherson does, and was good value.

We've just been spoiled with trades like Cleveland's last year. We can't whine about our draft until they play. If Shaun Cody plays great, then we won't even care about a measly 4th round pick we traded away to get him.

April 24th, 2005, 1:36 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

He doesn't carry the baggage that McPherson does

I think that his baggage gave him
better character as far as growing and
learing from your mistakes.

I still think that this isn't a good draft. We probably could have
gotten Cody at our original pick. I like the trade that Millen just made,
but not who he let slide.

April 24th, 2005, 1:39 pm
Profile WWW