View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 12:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Dream draft scenarios. 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Dream draft scenarios.
Mine would be that St. Louis signs Jimmy Clausen a few days before the draft.

At which point the Lions kick into Operation Skin the Skins.

We convince the Skins that Seattle has offered us their 1st,2nd, and 3rd round picks to move up to #2 overall and draft Bradford. But, we know that the Redskins are very interested in Bradford, so we would like to offer them a chance to match that trade offer. Danial Snyder might just bite.

If they take it, GREAT :!: We will still get either Suh or McCoy with pick #4.

Plus we will have 2 picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. That would give us 5 of the top 64 players in this draft and as deep as the draft is, it should = 5 starters.

If Washington doesn't take it, OH well we tried. We then shift into Operation Seahawk. Same deal. We tell them Washington wants our #2 overall for the same picks mentioned above.

If they take it, GREAT :!:
Tampa would take either Suh or McCoy at #3
Washington would Likely take Okung at #4 since they lost out on Bradford.
Kansas City would be the wild card in this scenario at pick #5. They want a LT to protect Cassell so they can move Albert inside to guard. But, would they take Bruce Campbell over Suh or McCoy( whichever one is left) or Berry or McClain?

Regardless how Tampa picks, all but 1 of the following will be there for us:
Suh/McCoy, Berry, and Morgan.

I would be thrilled with any one of them. And I think it is VERY do-able.

edited to add:
I think we will see more trades in the draft this year than normal due to no salary cap. Teams can pay a large roster bonus instead of a signing bonus. So a huge amount of the contract can be paid in that bonus this year when there is no cap. The remainder of the players contract would be very cap friendly in future years.

February 21st, 2010, 6:05 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

If I had to go dream scenario it would be
1-Rams draft Suh
*Seattle trade us #6 and #14 for #2 and #98
2-Seattle drafts Clausen
3-Tampa Bay drafts McCoy
4-Redskins draft Bradford
5-Chiefs draft Okung
6-Lions draft Eric Berry
Lions trade the #14 pick to the Jets for #29, #61 and #128
29-Lions draft Dan Williams
34-Lions draft Kyle Wilson
61-Lions draft Ryan Matthews
66-Lions draft Greg Hardy
128-Lions draft John Jerry
*lions trade pick #130 for Shaun Rogers
*lions trade pick #143 for Vernon Gholston
162-Lions draft Marcus Easley
UDFA
Kelton Tindal

February 21st, 2010, 7:02 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

1-Rams draft Suh
2-Seattle drafts Clausen
3-Tampa Bay drafts McCoy
5-Chiefs draft Okung
6-Lions draft Eric Berry
UDFA
Kelton Tindal

I like the Kelton Tindale addition, great numbers 6-2, 189, 4.22-40, but I think somebody's going to draft him.

February 21st, 2010, 7:29 pm
RIP Killer

February 21st, 2010, 8:07 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

1-Rams draft Suh
2-Seattle drafts Clausen
3-Tampa Bay drafts McCoy
5-Chiefs draft Okung
6-Lions draft Eric Berry
UDFA
Kelton Tindal

I guess if we're going to dream this would be sweet. A couple things though; I can't see the Lions going after Dan Williams because I think he projects more as a NT in a 3-4. Also, I don't see Kyle Wilson lasting until pick 34, unfortunately. I'd love to have him, but I could see him going to Dallas in round 1. Your trades for Rogers and Gholston seem to be a bit low, but if they could work the D would look like this:

DE: Gholston/Hunter
DT: Rogers
DT: Hill/Williams
DE: Avril/Hardy
LB: Peterson
LB: Levy
LB: Sims
CB: James
CB: Wilson
FS: Berry
SS: Delmas

Hmmm....

February 22nd, 2010, 3:51 pm
Team MVP

1-Rams draft Suh
2-Seattle drafts Clausen
3-Tampa Bay drafts McCoy
5-Chiefs draft Okung
6-Lions draft Eric Berry
UDFA
Kelton Tindal

If we could pull that off, id be SOOO happy!!

An alternative to that would be to keep #14 and draft Mike Iupati, if it isnt too high. Probably still draft Dan Williams at #29, then after that remains the same.

February 22nd, 2010, 3:53 pm
NFL Team Captain

Stallion wrote:
1-Rams draft Suh
2-Seattle drafts Clausen
3-Tampa Bay drafts McCoy
5-Chiefs draft Okung
6-Lions draft Eric Berry
UDFA
Kelton Tindal

I guess if we're going to dream this would be sweet. A couple things though; I can't see the Lions going after Dan Williams because I think he projects more as a NT in a 3-4. Also, I don't see Kyle Wilson lasting until pick 34, unfortunately. I'd love to have him, but I could see him going to Dallas in round 1. Your trades for Rogers and Gholston seem to be a bit low, but if they could work the D would look like this:

CB: James

Hmmm....

All of a sudden that defense looks a little dangerous. Berry and Delmas roaming the secondary would be incredible. I'd still have a little concern with the D-line, not saying that it isn't an improvement, but Rogers can go etiher way depending on the day and Gholston hasn't quite lived up to the hype. With that said I would feel pretty good about the defense heading into the 2010 season.

The only change I might make is keep Foote, trade Sims and move Levy to the Will.

February 22nd, 2010, 6:01 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

CB: Buchanon

Hmmm....

Fixed. :)

February 22nd, 2010, 7:19 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
RIP Killer

Lions sign RB Chester Taylor

Lions draft
#2 - DT Gerald McCoy (Rams take Suh)
#34 - Trade down with Buffalo, get #41, #105 (if K. Wilson & M. Pouncey are off the board at this point, otherwise I select one of them)
#41 - CB Brandon Ghee
#66 - DE Alex Carrington
Trade #97, #129 to Baltimore for #88
#88 - OG John Jerry
#105 - WR Carlton Mitchell
#142 - SS Myron Rolle
#161 - LB O'Brien Schofield

I want no part of either Gholston or Hardy. Both don't put their heart into the game on every play. Let somebody else watch them coast through the games.

DE- Avril/Carrington
NT - Hill/Jackson
UT - McCoy/Cohen
DE - Hunter/Devries/McBride
LB - Sims/Follett
LB - Levy/Spencer
LB - Peterson/Schofield/?????
CB-Ghee/?????
FS - Delmas/Rolle
SS - Simpson/Pearson
CB - Buchanon/?????/?????

pick two more off a police lineup and there's our defense.

Offensively we'd have:

QB - Stafford/Stanton/?????
RB - Taylor/Morris/Smith
FB - Smith/Felton
TE - Pettigrew/Gronkowski/?????
WR - CJ/Northcutt/Aaron Brown (moved from RB)
WR - Mitchell/Williams
OT - Backus/?????
OG - Jerry/Ramirez
OC - Raiola
OG - Peterman
OT - Cherilus/Loper

February 22nd, 2010, 8:09 pm
Hall of Fame Player

OKAY. Here is my wet dream 1 round mock. Plus the first two picks of the 2nd round.

Round 1:

Pick: 1 St. Louis Rams - Face it. If you don't have a franchise QB, and you have the first pick, you draft a QB. Jimmy Clauson has fashioned himself to be the next Tom Brady. Pick- Jimmy Clauson.

************TRADE************************

Detroit Lions Trade Pick #s 2 and 155 to Seattle for Pick #'s 6 and 14.

Pick: 2 Seattle Seahawks - The Seahawks love Sam Bradford and so they trade here to make sure Washington can't pick Bradford before they can. - Pick Sam Bradford

Pick: 3 Tampa Bay Buccaneers - The Buccaneers are stunned that both Suh and McCoy are still on the board. They break Matt Millen's land speed record to get their card in. Pick- Ndamukong Suh.

Pick: 4 Washington Redskins - The Redskins, having missed out on Bradford, decide the next best thing they could do is improve their O-line. - Pick Russell Okung

Pick: 5 Kansas City Chiefs - The Chiefs never expected to see McCoy still on the board. - Pick Gerald McCoy.

Pick: 6 Detroit Lions - The Lions risk the wrath of their fan base. But, a young QB's best friend is a good running game. - Pick CJ Spiller.

Pick: 7 Cleveland Browns - The Browns are going to give Brady Quinn 1 more year to prove himself. They turn their attention to their needs in the defensive backfield. - Pick Eric Berry.

Pick: 8 Oakland Raiders - If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. - Pick Dez Bryant.

Pick: 9 Buffalo Bills - The Bills just smashed the water cooler in their war room. They wanted Bryant more than any man should want another man. With no other WR worth this pick, they try to buy the QB some time to find a WR. - Pick Anthony Davis.

Pick: 10 Denver Broncos [subject to coin flip] - When your greatest need and the BPA align, it's a no brainer. - Pick Derrick Morgan.

**********************TRADE***********************

The Jaguars trade pick #11 to the Giants for Pick #s 15 and 79.

Pick: 11 New York Giants - The Giants heard a rumor that the Dolphins were going to take their guy with the next pick. So, they move up and pick Rolando McClain.

Pick: 12 Miami Dolphins - The Dolphins did want McClain. But, without batting an eye they select a NT. - Pick Dan Williams.

Pick: 13 San Francisco 49ers - The 49ers seriously debate taking Mays here. But, they decide to draft the OT. - Pick Bryan Bulaga.

Pick: 14 Detroit Lions - The Lions heard the jeers of many of their fans for once again making defense the red headed step child in the draft. They make up for it with this pick. - Pick Joe Haden.

*************************TRADE************************
The Jaguars move down again . They trade pick #15 to Dallas for Pick #s 27 and 59.

Pick: 15 Dallas Cowboys - The Cowboys knew that the 49ers were going to take Mays with the next pick. So, they move up to get him. - Pick Taylor Mays.

Pick: 16 San Francisco 49ers [subject to coin flip] - Having filled the OT spot and losing out on Mays, the 49ers fill another need with another local kid. - Pick Brian Price.

Pick: 17 Tennessee Titans [subject to coin flip] - The Titans go BPA here and it fills a need. - Pick Everson Griffin.

Pick: 18 Pittsburgh Steelers - Need meets BPA. - Pick Trent Williams.

Pick: 19 Atlanta Falcons [subject to coin flip] - The Falcons would have liked to see the BPA be an OLB right here. But, the BPA fills another need. - Pick Mike Iupati.

Pick: 20 Houston Texans [subject to coin flip] - The Texans reach just slightly. - Pick Jared Odrick.

Pick: 21 Cincinnati Bengals - The Bengals take BPA. - Pick Golden Tate.

Pick: 22 New England Patriots - The Patriots get, perhaps, the steel of the draft here. - Pick Brandon Graham.

Pick: 23 Green Bay Packers - The Packers go BPA and find Kampman's replacement. - Pick Sergio Kindle.

Pick: 24 Philadelphia Eagles - The Eagle Break a million hearts and Pick Kyle Wilson.

Pick: 25 Baltimore Ravens - When in doubt, help Flacco out. - Pick Damian Williams.

Pick: 26 Arizona Cardinals - BPA and it fills a need. - Pick Earl Thomas

Pick: 27 Jacksonville Jaguars - The Jaguars stun the football world Exclamation What the owner wants. The owner gets. - Pick Tim Tebow.

Pick: 28 San Diego Chargers - The Chargers are thrilled that he is still on the board. - Pick Charles Brown.

Pick: 29 New York Jets - The Jets shore up their pass rush. - Pick Carlos Dunlap.

Pick: 30 Minnesota Vikings - The rich get richer. - Pick Bruce Campbell.

Pick: 31 Indianapolis Colts - Colts take BPA and fill a need. - Pick Jason Pierre-Paul.
Pick: 32 New Orleans Saints - The Saints need a LBer, they get one. - Pick Sean Weatherspoon.

Round 2:

Pick 33. St. Louis Rams - Jermaine Gresham, TE, Oklahoma. ( The Rams are following the Detroit model.)

Pick 34. Detroit Lions - Boy, did they ever hear the jeers with their first pick. They are still making amends. Pick Perrish Cox, CB, Oklahoma St.

February 23rd, 2010, 2:20 am
Team MVP

Just the fact of trading our #2 and #155 for Seattles #6 and #14 is what I love. I mean, I would love to have Suh/McCoy, but think I would rather have an early and mid first round pick. I think as a whole, that would help the team out much more, especially if all those picks are defense.

February 23rd, 2010, 3:26 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Given how you have the picks fall I would rather draft Eric Berry/Haden/Ryan Matthews but still not bad.

February 23rd, 2010, 8:18 pm
NFL Team Captain

Billy - Love the effort, but I will punch a hole through the computer screen if they make that trade with Seattle and then pick Spiller at 6.

February 23rd, 2010, 9:51 pm
RIP Killer

Billy - Love the effort, but I will punch a hole through the computer screen if they make that trade with Seattle and then pick Spiller at 6.

You and I both. Spiller isn't worth that high of a pick, and they don't need a RB that badly. At that pick, take Berry who would be the BPA, and then take Haden at 14. Now our secondary would be respectable, and hopefully it would help our pass rush. With #34, I'd take Maurkice Pouncey over Perrish Cox all day long.....and I like Perrish Cox.

February 23rd, 2010, 10:40 pm
Team MVP

TNLionsFanatic wrote:

You and I both. Spiller isn't worth that high of a pick, and they don't need a RB that badly. At that pick, take Berry who would be the BPA, and then take Haden at 14. Now our secondary would be respectable, and hopefully it would help our pass rush. With #34, I'd take Maurkice Pouncey over Perrish Cox all day long.....and I like Perrish Cox.

Though id love to have Haden at #14, do you really think he's gonna last that long?

February 24th, 2010, 1:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 136 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next