View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 24th, 2014, 9:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Jonathan Goddard` 
NFL Veteran

Post Jonathan Goddard`
Another LB.

From Marshall

April 24th, 2005, 3:59 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

BOOOOOOOOOO - Browner would have been MUCH better, and had a better shot at making the team!

Jonathan Goddard Grade: 3.44
Position: OLB
Class: Jr
School: Marshall
Conference: MAC
Ht., Wt.: 6-0.5, 238
40 Time: 4.74

BIO: All-Conference selection as a senior after posting 78/16/28. Moved into the starting lineup prior to his sophomore campaign.

POSITIVES: Explosive collegiate defensive end who projects to outside linebacker in the NFL. Plays low with leverage, bends his knees and immediately alters his angle of attack. Fast off the edge, plays with great balance and tough to knock off his feet. Can flatten, pursue from the backside and catch ballcarriers. Plays with a good degree of suddenness and possesses a burst of speed. Solid job reading the action and does more than just rush the quarterback.

NEGATIVES: Undersized, engulfed at the point or easily locked up in blocks out of a three point stance. Rarely asked to make plays in reverse.

ANALYSIS: A tough defender to stop, Goddard must now become accustomed to making plays in space. Possesses marginal size for weak-side linebacker, although his speed and ability to flow to the action quickly are best suited in a 34 defense.

PROJECTION: Early Fifth Round

Last edited by conversion02 on April 24th, 2005, 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

April 24th, 2005, 4:02 pm
NFL Veteran

So I guess we're done. We wrap it up with a short DE/LB tweener. NFL.com says he runs a 5.0 40.

Don't get all overexcited about this pick.

We could've got Shazor as a SS/LB tweener here. Maybe to replace Bracy Walker. Millen said he liked him. Wonder what's wrong with that guy.

April 24th, 2005, 4:09 pm
Profile WWW
NFL Veteran

I do like the 16 sacks though. You know me, I love production. He had more than Pollack, more than Spears, twice as much as Erasmus James. If we don't line him up as a DE though, Jauron will better start attacking the QB with our LB's.

April 24th, 2005, 4:12 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

TSN said he proved himself and made himself stand out at the combine and he ran a pair of SUB 4.7 40s. I don't know where NFL.com gets that 5.0 40 from... He looked good in his linebacker drills as well according to TSN.

April 24th, 2005, 4:13 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Location: Tampa, Florida...my pool is 90 today and it'll be 90 for Christmas morning!
They took a good athlete at pick 206 that will probably be a good special teamer because he's got a good motor to make plays. If this guy was taller he would have rated higher but he sounds like a gamer to me. Look at it this way does he have more upside than a player like Scott Genord because that's were he fits in the big scheme of things. Young fast LB type for special teams. Franchises need players like him in their system.
:wink:

April 24th, 2005, 4:22 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

If were going to go for a LB why not go for and middle?? Makes no sense, this guy wont even make the team

Michael Huff for DROY

April 24th, 2005, 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

What about Matt Sinclair? They brought him in for a visit, he hasn't been picked yet (I don't think). Doesn't make sense to draft Goddard IMO.

April 24th, 2005, 5:03 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Location: Tampa, Florida...my pool is 90 today and it'll be 90 for Christmas morning!
If were going to go for a LB why not go for and middle?? Makes no sense, this guy wont even make the team

The roster is improving, so late rd picks are going to have a hard time making the final roster. Why not pick athletes that have a chance to contribute on special teams . Bringing in a player (Matt Sinclair)to interview doesn't mean they liked what they saw or that they would draft said player. BPA theory in action. Taking a player in the 6th rd just because he was a MLB instead of an OLB and not because he was the BPA doesn't make sense.This roster doesn't have a need for a MLB taken in round 6 but it might have room for an athletic playmaker who proves a valuable special teamer.

April 24th, 2005, 7:31 pm
QB Coach

I see him as a Lance Johnstone for us... someone to come in on third down and rush the QB. I think he is a situational rusher in the 4-3, rather than a LB in the 4-3.

April 24th, 2005, 9:20 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]