View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 28th, 2014, 8:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Vote!! Toby Gerhart 2nd Rd. Pick 

Who wants Toby Gerhart?
Poll ended at April 24th, 2010, 2:00 pm
Yes 18%  18%  [ 7 ]
No 83%  83%  [ 33 ]
Total votes : 40

Vote!! Toby Gerhart 2nd Rd. Pick 
Junior Varsity

Post Re: Vote!! Toby Gerhart 2nd Rd. Pick
Growler wrote:
Seems like a reach at #51.

Maybe, but a 12-4 team that was step away from a Super Bowl appearance can afford to reach a bit here or there to fill a perceived need (and letting someone else help AP carry the load can definitely be looked at as a need).

Harder for a 2-14... or in our case a 3-37 team to afford that luxury.

April 24th, 2010, 7:28 pm
RIP Killer

How is 1871 rushing yards and 27 TDs a reach at 51 overall?

Can someone please explain this to me? I don't give a flying F if the guy runs a 4.5 or a 4.3. Gerhart is the complete package. He gets the tough yards, he has good vision, good speed, good acceleration, good hands...what is not to like? He should have been a first rounder.

April 25th, 2010, 10:45 am
Red Shirt Freshman

I think he's a reach at #51 because he might not have good speed. He seems like he would be more suited to being a fullback or a "pound the rock" type of runner who can get you 3 or 4 yards but who isn't going to be able to break the long run at the NFL level. I guess time will tell. What's sad is that he's going to the Vikings, which means that, to some extent, we have to root against him now.

April 25th, 2010, 11:47 am
RIP Killer

Vikings got him at a great value, no question there. They might now have the best 1/2 punch in the NFL (or next if it takes him a year to get settled in).

April 25th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Gerhart was not a reach at #51.

April 25th, 2010, 6:37 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

The new nickname for Minnesota's backfield "Thunder and Whitening"

April 25th, 2010, 10:45 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

conversion02 wrote:

Can someone please explain this to me? I don't give a flying F if the guy runs a 4.5 or a 4.3. Gerhart is the complete package. He gets the tough yards, he has good vision, good speed, good acceleration, good hands...what is not to like? He should have been a first rounder.

Lets call up Ron Dayne he put up good stats in College.

April 25th, 2010, 11:37 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Big backs that seek contact don't last. The Bus was fast, and could elude tackles. Christian Okeye ran people over until he got his bell rung. Brandon Jacobs isn't holding up health wise... would you put him in the same class as them? If your a bruiser type, you're going to get bruised. He isn't going to be facing smaller defenders anymore. Him vs Suh...Suh wins everytime. Add Williams and Hill and I don't fear a thing.

April 25th, 2010, 11:40 pm
RIP Killer

Stallion wrote:
conversion02 wrote:

Lets call up Ron Dayne he put up good stats in College.

Dayne isn't even in the same class as Gerhart. Dayne sucked at catching the ball, blocking, and had little explosiveness. Gerhart has all those...he doesn't just run people over like Dayne did. Gerhart is fast on the field, even if he doesn't run it in track shoes and shirtless, like so many others. He's got excellent hands and runs as well as anyone in the draft after the catch.

Dayne can't even sniff Gerhart's farts.

April 26th, 2010, 5:06 pm
Reply to topic   [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4