View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 30th, 2014, 1:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Jahvid Best still has health issues 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Jahvid Best still has health issues
wjb21ndtown wrote:
Topweasel wrote:
I am sorry but how many of those players were drafted in the top 10 how many after wards. TD didn't have much longer then three competitive years. CJ has only been running in the NFL 2 years and Joseph Addia is about the only other non-top10 pick for a RB on the list. 3 years is a bit short, but since running backs tend to have the shortest break in period and tend to hit their prime quicker. 3-5 years of high quality play from a skill position player, and one as impact-full but as short a career as RB have, would be great value for the pick. Specially when you compare the options to at that point to a Jeff Backus or such. You are not getting an immediate starter on the line, and in a likelihood would play similar to the players that people desire to be replaced. You can't just look at the positions that starters last the longest in and upgrade them first, because outside QB, most of those have little affect on the scoreboard directly.

His draft status is irrelevant to what he's going to provide this team with. We're talking about his career in the NFL. People are saying that he's going to be this great RB, but I don't see it. If you're saying that you can't get a durable back outside of the top 1/2 of the first round, then we shouldn't have taken Best at the end of the first round, period.

If he has a Marion Barber/Choice/Forte/Jones/Smith career, IMO we over paid for him and the value would have been better spent on an OG/CB.

Terrel Davis appeared in two super bowls and was a HUGE contributor to Broncos. He has nearly a career of playoff stats alone. I think that the value of his career speaks for itself.

You HAVE to take into consideration the longevity of other positions when evaluating the Best pick... Why? Because we could have DRAFTED ANOTHER POSITION... A position that WILL be around during a reasonable time frame for us to potentially make the playoffs...

you are speaking as if you know what will happen. I doubt anyone on here cares about Terrell Davis(we all saw him play and know he was good) or those other backs. I know the risks involved and understand your concern but If you can't see why we needed a threat like Best and see the upside to having him alongside Stafford than that's OK. Atleast let the man fail before you call him a flop. You don't know how good any of those CBs will turn out either. The jets got Kyle Wilson to most likely be thier 3rd CB, so how do you know he'd fair well for us as a number 1. And I'll say it again, THEIR WILL BE ANOTHER KYLE WILSON NEXT YEAR. So please name a CB in this past draft that has the upside that Jahvid Best has.

With the signing of Rob Sims and the contract given to Peterman, we did'nt really need an OG so early in the draft. Wesely, Wade, and Houston are just like late picks not to mention we did get Spievey right after Best so it's not like we just disregarded the CB position.

It seems like you don't expect us to compete for a playoff spot within the next 3 years and our FO is trying to make a run now. I think I'd rather side with the Front office

May 28th, 2010, 11:39 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
You HAVE to take into consideration the longevity of other positions when evaluating the Best pick... Why? Because we could have DRAFTED ANOTHER POSITION... A position that WILL be around during a reasonable time frame for us to potentially make the playoffs...

Then RB should never be drafted first round period...

June 1st, 2010, 10:17 am
steensn wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

I don't think that's true. Certain running backs (AP for instance) are good enough to carry a team and MAKE a team good enough to go to the playoffs. Further, certain teams are only a running back away and that team can make a playoff run of 2-3 years if they draft a RB. In both of those instances it is smart to draft a RB in the first round. That said, I don't think we're there and I think that we should have gone a different direction.

June 1st, 2010, 11:00 am
Walk On

wjb21ndtown wrote:
steensn wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

I don't think that's true. Certain running backs (AP for instance) are good enough to carry a team and MAKE a team good enough to go to the playoffs. Further, certain teams are only a running back away and that team can make a playoff run of 2-3 years if they draft a RB. In both of those instances it is smart to draft a RB in the first round. That said, I don't think we're there and I think that we should have gone a different direction.

Steensn is right. Its one or the other. Its draft a RB that fits your team early. Or its never draft a running back early. Best doesn't have a single injury in the one spot on his body that becomes the death blow to all other RB's. Concussion's, back issues, broken arms, even broken legs don't end a career for an RB like an ACL tear.

So either a RB is dangerous position with to dark a future to be drafted high. Or Best has the potential to be our lead running back for 5 or more years and will be as important to our team as All Day making it a great pick if it happens.

June 1st, 2010, 12:49 pm
Reply to topic   [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6