View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 24th, 2014, 10:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Undrafted FA anyone? 
Varsity Benchwarmer

Post Undrafted FA anyone?
Who went undrafted that you would like to see the Lions bring in? Does anyone see a posible steal out there?

April 24th, 2005, 5:19 pm
RIP Killer

Michael Munoz, Brandon Browner, and Ernest Shazor. For the last two, if they could increase their speed by 0.1 seconds, they'd be legit contenders to play. That's my top 3 UFAs.

April 24th, 2005, 5:22 pm
Varsity Captain

:arrow: I have to agree with Munoz, Browner and Shazor. I'd also like to see them bring in Kevin Dudley.
:arrow:

April 24th, 2005, 7:39 pm
Profile YIM
Pop Warner Rookie

Post draft
Shazor

April 24th, 2005, 8:03 pm
NFL Team Captain

Munoz, Shazor and Browner would all be great additions. How they went undrafted is beyond me.

April 24th, 2005, 8:07 pm
League MVP

ernest shazor, brandon browner (both should have stayed in school but have great potential), jason harmon, james butler, eric knott, jason white, danny wimprine, ben wilkerson, cj brooks, andre frazier, albert means, zach tuiasosopo, will mathews, kay jay harris, walter reyes, STEVE SUTER (dunno if you've seen him but he's really quick), jd davis, and chauncey stovall.

This is way too much speculation bc none of these guys are on a team let alone ours but here goes...I would definitely take a look at Wilkerson, C, LSU who would've gone if he wasnt injured and CJ Brooks G, Maryland. KJ Harris and Reyes could be good competitors for Pinner and Bryson in camp. Shazor and Browner have all kinds of potential, I am shocked that nobody took Shazor especially with former UM safeties Cato June and Tommy Hendricks succesfully becoming starting LBs. JD Davis and Stovall could give Vines and Kircus a run at the last WR slot. Suter would be PS insurance in case drummond gets injured.

April 24th, 2005, 9:05 pm
RIP Killer

KJ Harris is 26. He would need a couple years of grooming to be a high quality backup/legit starter. By that time, he'd be 28 or 29. I wasn't surprised to see him not get picked. He's got a lot of potential, but his age was a factor as I'm sure you know. But I would like to see him in camp to compete with Pinner. Is White the backup return man right now?

I definately think someone will take over Bracy's spot in camp and he'll be cut. Someone like Browner or Brimmer could easily work on their speed and agility and become a heckuva player at FS or SS.

How do we find out who the Lions are bringing into camp? Is it announced like a FA signing?

April 24th, 2005, 9:20 pm
Varsity Benchwarmer

Sun, 24 Apr 2005 18:02:22 -0700

The Detroit Lions have signed undrafted rookie free agent S Chip Cox (Ohio). Terms of the deal were not available.

April 24th, 2005, 9:59 pm
Profile YIM WWW
NFL Team Captain

Does anybody know anything about this Chris Cox? He wasn't even listed in ProFootBall Draft's top 325.

April 24th, 2005, 11:29 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Michael Munoz, Brandon Browner, and Ernest Shazor...

I couldn't agree more. These are solid guys we should at least look at.
I might also add Marcus Lawrence, ILB, S. Carolina to the list.

April 25th, 2005, 12:03 am
Profile WWW
NFL Team Captain

IMO Ernest Shazor would be a huge upgrade over Bracy Walker at Strong Safety, at a much cheaper price.

Michael Munoz would fill a great need at LOT. Start as a backup and take over if Backus decides to leave.

I don't know anything about this Chip Cox that we just signed, but think we could still find a spot for someone that hits like Shazor.

I also think Kevin Dudley would be an upgrade over the backup FB's we currently have.

Get ur done Matt!

April 25th, 2005, 12:14 am
RIP Killer

I'm not sure if they are even going to bring in Shazor at this point, they just signed another FA Safety, safety Andrew Guman of Penn State.

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/20 ... rts-10.asp

April 25th, 2005, 9:55 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Position: S
Class: Sr
School: Penn St.
Conference: Big Ten
Ht., Wt.: 6-2.5, 215
40 Time: 4.71

BIO: Two-year starter who posted 67/0/7 as a senior.

POSITIVES: Nice-sized run-defending safety who likes to take part in the action. Quick moving up the field in run support, sacrifices his body to make the tackle and works hard. Solid skills in zone coverage and makes plays on the pass facing the quarterback.

NEGATIVES: Marginal speed moving laterally. Has difficulty getting out to the flanks in pass coverage.

ANALYSIS: A hard-hitting defender best playing downhill, Guman has an appetite for contact yet also plays with a good degree of intelligence. Best in the box or in a two-deep system but has speed limitations, which may prevent him from being anything other than a backup at the next level.

PROJECTION: Undrafted Free Agent

Could be a solid SS backup, letting us cut Bracy Walker. Gets a little faster, could be a solid SS in the future.

April 25th, 2005, 10:08 am
Hall of Fame Player

Great new avitar!! Very cool.

April 25th, 2005, 10:15 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

TAMPA - South Florida senior offensive tackle Levi Newton signed a free agent contract with the Detroit Lions Sunday night.

Considered USF's top NFL prospect, Newton (6-2, 295) was not selected in the NFL Draft. He also spoke with the Cleveland Browns Sunday, but decided on the Lions because ``were the best fit.''

``Not being drafted puts a chip on my shoulder to prove them wrong,'' Newton said. ``I'm going to prove to them that I'm an NFL-type player.''

Newton, named USF's top offensive lineman, played mostly tackle at USF, but could be moved to guard or center.

Levi Newton Grade: 2.94
Position: OT
Class: Sr
School: South Florida
Conference: C-USA
Ht., Wt.: 6-2, 295
40 Time: 5.21

BIO: Three-year starter at right tackle who also saw action with the first team as a freshman.

POSITIVES: Hard-working lineman with the ability to play several blocking positions. Quick off the snap, stays square and extends his hands into opponents, jolting them at the point of attack. Patient, effectively uses blocking angles in pass protection and seals the corner. Blocks with good lean and controls opponents at the line of scrimmage.

NEGATIVES: Not a natural knee-bender or drive blocker. Does not redirect to linebackers on the second level and lacks adjustment.

ANALYSIS: An adequate athlete who's been durable and versatile, Newton has potential at the next level as a utility lineman. Can play either guard positions and has possibilities at center which will help his cause.

PROJECTION: Undrafted Free Agent

April 25th, 2005, 10:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next