View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 17th, 2014, 2:47 am

Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Undrafted FA anyone? 
RIP Killer

Pablo,

Great new avitar!! Very cool.

Thanks, I just needed to see some Lions football and figured everyone else would too! XXcomputer.gif

April 25th, 2005, 10:18 am
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Apparently Shazor signed with the Cards to play FS. Anyone else find that weird that they would want him at FS and not SS? The guy is big, hits like a sack of potatos, and is good in run support. He doesn't have the speed to be a solid, coverage FS.

Brian, some insight???

April 25th, 2005, 11:19 am
RIP Killer

The Lions should take a close look at James Butler. He can play either safety spot and should be able to get Bracy Walker his pink slip.

April 25th, 2005, 11:40 am
RIP Killer

I like Butler as a prospect. I did see him get burned an aweful lot at Georgia Tech though. But, he can work on that and be a good prospect.

April 25th, 2005, 1:13 pm
Pro Bowl Player

A two-time All-Atlantic Coast Conference free safety and two-time semifinalist for the Jim Thorpe Award as the nation's top defensive back, Butler is a smart player with excellent size and athletic ability. Butler was rated one of the top 25 players eligible for the 2005 NFL Draft by ESPN. While he has been nationally recognized for his performance on the field, he also has garnered ACC academic honors during his career.

Combine: 4.65 in the 40-yard dash ? 2.76 20-yard dash ? 1.69 10-yard dash ? 3.98 20-yard shuttle ? 11.07 60-yard shuttle ? 7.10 three-cone drill ? 40?-inch vertical jump ? 10-foot-7 broad jump ? Bench-pressed 225 pounds 16 times ? 33 3/8-inch arm length ? 9?-inch hands.

He is raw from everything I read about him, but he could be a good project and has a very good upside...

April 25th, 2005, 1:14 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

The lions have signed RB Howard Jackson as a free agent from UTEP.

Howard Jackson Grade: 3.03
Position: HB
Class: Sr
School: UTEP
Conference: WAC
Ht., Wt.: 5-9, 159
40 Time: 4.47 (Ran a 4.28 and 4.29 for the Bears in a private workout)

BIO: Three-year starter who has been an All-Conference selection since his junior campaign. Led the team in rushing as a senior posting 239/1,187/10, also adding 30/268/1 catching the ball. Junior totals included 1,146 yards on the ground with six touchdowns.

POSITIVES: Undersized ballcarrier who projects nicely as a third down back at the next level. Tough running back who keeps his feet moving up the field and displays the ability to break arm tackles. Sets up blocks, finds the running lanes and slashes off defenders picking up positive yardage. Weaves his way through the traffic and has a darting style. Solid receiver out of the backfield.

NEGATIVES: Undersized and will be stopped dead in his tracks. Must improve the intensity and productivity of his blocking.

ANALYSIS: Limited by size, Jackson is a solid football player with good intangibles on the field. Has potential to be used on passing downs out of the backfield but must prove special-teams ability this summer.

PROJECTION: Undrafted Free Agent

April 25th, 2005, 1:26 pm
RIP Killer

Lions | URFA Killeen Added - fromwww.KFFL.comMon, 25 Apr 2005 10:27:33 -0700

The Detroit Lions have signed undrafted rookie free agent PK Ryan Killeen (USC).

as well...

http://www.record-eagle.com/2005/apr/25kaleita.htm
Tom Kaleita, OT, EMU signs with the Lions

April 25th, 2005, 1:41 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

we are going to need a FS as we cut Brock Marion...

Michael Huff for DROY

April 25th, 2005, 7:16 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

It's possible Wilson could be converted to FS...or maybe Cash. Both could be possible. Cash is slightly small for FS though.

I read somewhere that Wilson would be a solid #2 CB and could push Bryant for the starting role this year. Next year and in future years, Wilson should easily win the starting #2 role. This is from some "expert" like Kiper, I'll try to find the article and who wrote it.

April 25th, 2005, 7:22 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

Michael Munoz, Brandon Browner, and Ernest Shazor. For the last two, if they could increase their speed by 0.1 seconds, they'd be legit contenders to play. That's my top 3 UFAs.

Munoz quits football, and Shazor signed with the Cards...damn!! :(

April 26th, 2005, 2:34 am
RIP Killer

It's possible Wilson could be converted to FS...or maybe Cash. Both could be possible. Cash is slightly small for FS though.

I read somewhere that Wilson would be a solid #2 CB and could push Bryant for the starting role this year. Next year and in future years, Wilson should easily win the starting #2 role. This is from some "expert" like Kiper, I'll try to find the article and who wrote it.

Trust me, no way in Hell does Wilson push Bryant for his starting job. Kieth Smith will, but not Wilson. Stanley Wilson has tremendous straight line speed, but that's about it. He doesn't have great ball hawking skills (only 4 picks in his career at Stanford), he isn't very physical and isn't a great tackler.

Detroit made a poor pick in round three with Wilson. They could have filled other needs. THEY COULD HAVE HAD JUSTIN TUCK.

April 26th, 2005, 6:59 am
Reply to topic   [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2