View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 27th, 2014, 7:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 me venting 
RIP Killer

Post Re: me venting
Yeah, I'm hoping for a Robert Gallery type transition. When healthy, Gallery is a very good LG. Even though he is as well 6'7", he's athletic enough to play the position. I think Gosder can make the same transition as I just am not getting the feeling he is cut out for RT.

June 11th, 2010, 6:23 pm
Stadium Announcer

We may see alot more double TE sets from the Lions this season as the try open up holes for the Run game and give Stafford time to get the ball off to
WRs.The TE uncovered at the line maybe given the freedom to delay and release into a short pass pattern,which will keep the Safety honest on pass plays.
Gosder will need to focus more as his attention somethings seems to weaver/bordering on switching off.He has the tools to do the job he just needs to believe
in himself.
Just a thought :idea:

June 13th, 2010, 6:11 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

Trying to make logical explanations of Matt Millen draft picks is like making sense of the saying "If it weren't for that horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college."

The Lions passed on taking Branden Albert (jury is still out on him, although probably still better then Gos), Jeff Otah (better than Gos) Sam Baker (better than Gos) and Duane Brown (better than Gos). I think that is what irks me more about the selection.

June 16th, 2010, 1:05 pm
Team MVP

Wayne Fontes wrote:
Trying to make logical explanations of Moron of the Millennium draft picks is like making sense of the saying "If it weren't for that horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college."

The Lions passed on taking Branden Albert (jury is still out on him, although probably still better then Gos), Jeff Otah (better than Gos) Sam Baker (better than Gos) and Duane Brown (better than Gos). I think that is what irks me more about the selection.

I agree. And to add to the list...we passed on Chris Johnson.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

June 16th, 2010, 2:59 pm

True, but he was a little bit of a surprise to be taken when he was. I just wanted to throw out the names of the guys who will be making Pro Bowls in the next few years while Gos continues to wallow in mediocrity.

June 17th, 2010, 1:15 pm

Oh and don't forget that was the year they drafted the best fortune telling running back in the draft, Kevin Smith. "We're going to make the playoffs". This just in, your team sucked, you won 0 games!

June 17th, 2010, 1:16 pm
RIP Killer

kdsberman wrote:
Wayne Fontes wrote:
Trying to make logical explanations of Moron of the Millennium draft picks is like making sense of the saying "If it weren't for that horse, I wouldn't have spent that year in college."

I agree. And to add to the list...we passed on Chris Johnson.

I don't think any team, including the Titans, would have foreseen Chris Johnson being as good as he's become. And let's not forget, he's the product of a pretty damn good offensive line as well as his own talent.

steensn wrote:
Yeah, I'm hoping for a Robert Gallery type transition. When healthy, Gallery is a very good LG. Even though he is as well 6'7", he's athletic enough to play the position. I think Gosder can make the same transition as I just am not getting the feeling he is cut out for RT.

There is a fundamental difference between Gos and Gallery. Gallery failed due to short arms more than anything else. Gos fails because of lack of execution and lack of effort. It's not a physical thing with Cherilus, it's entirely his mental makeup that is lacking. If Jason Fox is completely healthy, I think he is start at RT by mid-season, at the latest, and Cherilus will be on the scrap heap at years end.

June 21st, 2010, 10:34 am
RIP Killer

Differences, yes... end results... could be the same. Never know until you try it, maybe he's just in the wrong spot mentally.

June 21st, 2010, 10:37 am
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
Differences, yes... end results... could be the same. Never know until you try it, maybe he's just in the wrong spot mentally.

I am not against moving Cherilus to guard....I'm just saying that it's easier to make up for the physical differences than the mental issues. Cherilus has all the physical tools you want out of a tackle. I just think he's got the same mindset as Stockar McDougle. He's gonna do what he can to get by, and the Lions will eventually find someone better. Hopefully, they already have.

If Fox turns out to be healthy enough and good enough to supplant Cherilus at RT, then I say give Gos a shot at guard. I got no problems with that.

June 22nd, 2010, 9:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3