View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 20th, 2014, 8:59 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Shaun Cody NFL.com Q&A 
Site Admin

Post Shaun Cody NFL.com Q&A
Quote:
nfl.com:
What does it mean to be picked by the Lions, especially since they moved up to pick you?

Cody:
They were committed to me and I knew that they wanted me. I took my last trip up there and I could tell that I would definitely like to go there. When I saw them coming up, I was hoping and praying that I could get there and fortunately they traded up. It just goes to show how much they wanted me and I wanted to be there, too.

nfl.com:
Do you think they are going to use you at tackle or end?

Cody:
Probably both. They are going to look at me at both inside and outside, see what they feel is best for me. But I would definitely want to play next to big Shaun Rogers -- he is a beast and hopefully he'll pick up the block

nfl.com:
I know you might not be happy being a second-round pick, but you have an immediate chance to start. How do you like that?

Cody:
Definitely, that is the goal and all four years of college have led up to playing with an NFL team. It is going to be great and I'm excited. It is going to be great to play defense. Nothing can take this away. I could have been a second-, third- or fourth-round pick, it really doesn't matter.

nfl.com:
Are you glad that this process is over and you can focus on football?

Cody:
Definitely, it is all about football. I'm done running 40s and doing all of those measurements. I just want to put on my cleats and play football.

nfl.com:
Is there anything you would like to say to the fans in the Motor City?

Cody:
Watch out for Detroit!

I wanted a Cody in the 2nd and Millen delivered :D (and he got the happy one to boot :lol: )

April 25th, 2005, 1:23 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]