View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 30th, 2014, 3:17 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Mims the word in the 5th round? 
Veteran General Manager

Post Mims the word in the 5th round?
I think I would like to take a chance on this kid.

Quote:
OT David Mims has worked out for Chiefs, Lions, Ravens

The National Football Post Apr 16, 2:35 pm EDT

Virginia Union offensive tackle David Mims has worked out for the Kansas City Chiefs, Detroit Lions and the Baltimore Ravens, according to a league source with knowledge of the situation.

He has also visited the Ravens this month.

The imposing lineman is 6-foot-8 and 331 pounds after playing at nearly 350 pounds for the majority of his career.

Mims bench pressed 225 pounds 29 times at his Pro Day workout, running the 40-yard dash in 5.32 seconds.

He registered a 4.8 20-yard shuttle, an 8.1 on the three-cone drill, an 8-6 broad jump and a 27-inch vertical leap.

Mims' workout numbers are superior or equal to many of the top tackle prospects.

The Division II All-American and All-CIAA selection is an imposing blocker who displays a mean streak.

Although he played left tackle in college, Mims is regarded as a classic right tackle for the next leve.

His draft stock has risen to the point where he's expected to be drafted anywhere from the fifth round to the sixth round, according to ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr.

April 17th, 2011, 8:20 am
Veteran General Manager

Post Re: Mims the word in the 5th round?
If we draft Tyron Smith, Castonzo, or Carimi in the 1st,

We could go CB in the 2nd, LB in the 3rd and 4th.

Mims in the 5th.

We would have our 1st round pick at RT this year and move him to LT next year.
This year, Hilliard, Fox and Mims would all get experience and would compete at RT next year.

I would like to trade our 7th rounder this year for a 6th rounder next year to compensate for our inevitable loss of our 6th rounder next year.

April 17th, 2011, 9:16 am
Varsity Benchwarmer

Post Re: Mims the word in the 5th round?
I wasnt goona replay to this one because i already did on the other forum...ill just repeat what i said there have brought him up a few times this off season i really like him blah blah blah

April 17th, 2011, 2:12 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]