View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 12th, 2018, 7:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next
 Various Mock Draft postings for 2011 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Various Mock Draft postings for 2011
The Legend wrote:
miller is not a complete player. he rushes the passer and thats about it. ayers is a better player for the lions. miller might fit better for some other teams

That's not entirely true. Most scouts and coaches have agreed that Miller did much better in coverage this past season, and that he made himself viable as a 43OLB because he showed he could cover TEs and RBs.

I don't think he's a complete linebacker just yet. He still has much to work on to get to an NFL level linebacker. But I think he plays harder than Ayers, and has better instincts.

January 20th, 2011, 7:35 pm
Div 1 - Starter

if miller did improve his coverage this year i sure didnt see it. i havent even seen him play coverage. i go and look at the tape and all he does is line up and rush the passer. if you could show me some film of him playing some coverage i would review it and maybe change my opinion. but then again i really cant see him getting past the texans if he even makes it that far. as far as ayers goes i just dont see it. he just doesnt look that good to me on tape. he doesnt seem to really hit all that hard. he looks kinda slow although i seen a few plays where he looked kinda quick. im really looking forward to see what he runs the 40 in at the combine.

January 20th, 2011, 7:53 pm
RIP Killer

vankman79 wrote:
if miller did improve his coverage this year i sure didnt see it. i havent even seen him play coverage. i go and look at the tape and all he does is line up and rush the passer. if you could show me some film of him playing some coverage i would review it and maybe change my opinion. but then again i really cant see him getting past the texans if he even makes it that far. as far as ayers goes i just dont see it. he just doesnt look that good to me on tape. he doesnt seem to really hit all that hard. he looks kinda slow although i seen a few plays where he looked kinda quick. im really looking forward to see what he runs the 40 in at the combine.

I saw Miller drop into coverage during the Aggies bowl game. I can't say that I saw that much of him dropping back, but I wasn't just paying attention to what he was doing. I don't know where you could get a copy of that game, but if you can, watch it and there was at least a couple times I saw that he was off the LOS on a passing play, covering a short zone.

January 20th, 2011, 10:39 pm
Div 1 - Starter

right, i watched it, i seen him go out and cover the flats a few times. i seen him rush the passer every play except for 3 or 4 plays. i watched that game specifically to watch him and peterson. he is 1 hell of a 3-4 pass rusher. but from watching him there isnt enough to say that he can or cant cover. therefore i believe that would make him a huge gamble to draft and put into our scheme. regardless, i dont expect him to be there when it comes to our pick. like i said before, i dont see him getting past houston

January 21st, 2011, 12:28 am
League MVP

I think most would agree that at #13, we would love to get a great linebacker, but its not looking like we have that top notch LB that everyone is hoping to get. Its almost too bad we couldnt trade our 1st rd pick for a proven starting linebacker...or could we?

January 21st, 2011, 1:01 am
kdsberman wrote:
I think most would agree that at #13, we would love to get a great linebacker, but its not looking like we have that top notch LB that everyone is hoping to get. Its almost too bad we couldnt trade our 1st rd pick for a proven starting linebacker...or could we?

I don't mind that idea, but its super tough to find the right fit. When you draft someone they more or less always want to be at their respective team. They're generally so enamored with going to the NFL and proud to have been "picked" by their organization that they grow an affinity to that city/place/team. We would have to find someone that a) wants to be here, b) is signed or is willing to sign for at least 4 years (the draft pick we would have for 5+ years at a reasonable cost, anything less than 4 solid years out of a good pro and we're short changing ourselves), c) is willing to be let go by their former team for hopefully just one draft pick.

January 21st, 2011, 3:20 am
RIP Killer

vankman79 wrote:
right, i watched it, i seen him go out and cover the flats a few times. i seen him rush the passer every play except for 3 or 4 plays. i watched that game specifically to watch him and peterson. he is 1 hell of a 3-4 pass rusher. but from watching him there isnt enough to say that he can or cant cover. therefore i believe that would make him a huge gamble to draft and put into our scheme. regardless, i dont expect him to be there when it comes to our pick. like i said before, i dont see him getting past houston

I've got him going to Houston as well, in my latest mock. There's little doubt that his strength is in pass rushing, which is why most see him going to a 34 team. I didn't watch enough A&M games to come to a conclusion as to his coverage prowess. But I've read analysis from several guys on him (Kiper, Wright, McShay, etc.) and most, if not all of them, have said his coverage skills got much better this season. Good enough for a 43OLB? I don't know. I'm sure the combines will help tell the story on that.

January 21st, 2011, 9:29 am
NFL Team Captain

I'm assuming Miller will be at Senior bowl. If so, the game would be best chance to see him playing in 4-3 backer alignments. I prefer the game situation over running drills at combine. Looking good and putting up great numbers at the combine, doesn't mean anything on game day.

January 21st, 2011, 10:41 am
Martha Firestone Ford

liontrax wrote:
I'm assuming Miller will be at Senior bowl. If so, the game would be best chance to see him playing in 4-3 backer alignments. I prefer the game situation over running drills at combine. Looking good and putting up great numbers at the combine, doesn't mean anything on game day.

Al Davis begs to differ with you on that. LOL.

January 21st, 2011, 11:48 am
RIP Killer

kdsberman wrote:

I'd prefer to trade down in round one, pick up Brandon Harris at a more reasonable valued pick (like #17 or #18), get a third round pick in return for the trade, then trade that third round pick for a quality LB toward the end of his first contract that his team may choose not to re-sign. Who do I have in mind? I haven't a clue...but there must be somebody out there who fits that description.

January 21st, 2011, 4:32 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

Todd "suntanman" McShay released his mock today on ESPN Insider. I don't have Insider, if there is anyone who does have it want to post his mock here?

February 10th, 2011, 3:37 pm
RIP Killer

Wayne Fontes wrote:
Todd "suntanman" McShay released his mock today on ESPN Insider. I don't have Insider, if there is anyone who does have it want to post his mock here?

No change, still Nate Solder.

February 10th, 2011, 4:09 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

I cannot believe how many of these folks are projecting Nate Solder with that pick. He's not even the best OT in this draft, IMHO. If the Lions take this guy at that pick, they'll have lost any respect I gained for them in regards to their talent evaluation.

February 10th, 2011, 4:31 pm
League MVP

m2karateman wrote:
I cannot believe how many of these folks are projecting Nate Solder with that pick. He's not even the best OT in this draft, IMHO. If the Lions take this guy at that pick, they'll have lost any respect I gained for them in regards to their talent evaluation.

I agree M2. What on earth do these guys see in Solder that makes him worth 13th overall. I think he clearly looks like a 2nd rd tackle at best (i know that's harsh). I sill firmly believe that if they take a tackle it should he Gabe Carimi. Everything I see out of this guy I like, Nate Solder...not so much.

February 10th, 2011, 8:58 pm
Pro Bowl Player

Heres why.

NFC North Bloggers/Scouts/Etc - Backus is Solid, but will eventually need a replacement

Rest of NFL Bloggers/Scouts/Etc: - Backus is Bad, and Lions need a LT badly. Look at the past mock Drafts. For 5 years now it seems like more Mockers (not Lions Fans or Insiders, but General Mockers) predecit we will take an LT Every single year, or at least suggest we should. I mean yes, they said CJ and Suh should be the picks when they were no brainers, but every other year its an LT.

I know that is apart of picking in the top 10 a lot, but they have been saying it for 4 years, most of them could give 2 poop about the Lions, and it is easier to pencil in an LT every time.

February 10th, 2011, 9:21 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 14  Next