View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 20th, 2014, 11:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next
 Various Mock Draft postings for 2011 
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

Post Re: Various Mock Draft postings for 2011
Blueskies wrote:
The more I look at it, the worse it seems. Like they have Seattle drafting an OT, despite the fact they took Okung top 10 last year.

And I love this logic:

Quote:
If Cincinnati were to add Jones alongside receivers Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinco, defense coordinators may be pulling their hair out trying to stop quarterback Carson Palmer from having a field day every time the offense takes the field.

That's what folks said after the Lions drafted Mike Williams when he, Roy, and Charles Rogers were going to line up together.

December 14th, 2010, 9:13 pm
RIP Killer

Well, it doesn't help the Bungles that Andre Smith has been a complete POS. He's played in 10 games in nearly 2 years (hmmm, sounds like Stafford) and only started 6 of those.

In 4 games he started this year, he had 3 false starts, 1 hold, and 3 sacks allowed.

December 15th, 2010, 11:19 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

That has got to be the worst logic ever. Carson Palmer already has 2 really good receivers, and he's still having a bad year. He needs to be replaced. He'll be 31 this month and has seen his skills diminish in the last few years. He hasn't been the same since that knee injury. Now, he's got an elbow malady that has plagued him this year. They need another QB more then a WR. Is T.O. even going to come back to the team? He only signed a one year deal, right?

December 15th, 2010, 12:41 pm
RIP Killer

I feel that Carson Palmer is over rated.

December 15th, 2010, 12:50 pm
Hall of Fame Player

steensn wrote:
I feel that Carson Palmer is over rated.

I agree that he is currently over rated. But, he wasn't over rated before he got hurt. That injury he sustained a couple years ago ruined him. Even last year, when the Bengals were winning, Palmer wasn't right. I think his career is about over. At least as a starter.

December 15th, 2010, 10:09 pm
Div 1 - Starter

i think qb is cinci biggest need. palmer just dont have it anymore. and they have no viable backup. i know all their recievers are old but they got shipley and he is ok. so i can really see them pulling the trigger on a qb right up front in the draft. if you cant get it done with t.o. and ocho, your not gonna find much better recievers, your never gonna get it done at all.

December 16th, 2010, 1:09 am
Rookie Player of the Year

The only problem with them drafting a QB is that would most likely be to replace Palmer right away and I don't see Locker, Newton, or Mallett being ready to step in right away and lead a NFL team. Also if they bring back Owens him and Johnson (will not call him Ocho Stinko) are both back next year they will eat up a rookie QB. The Bengals most likely missed their window of opportunity with Palmer and unless they get Luck(y) enough to have Andrew fall to them at #2 or they happen to move past Carolina and become the #1 pick I can't see it. The price for Luck will be high with or without a rookie wage scale and I can't see them giving up a 1st rounder if not two plus additional picks or players.

If they were to go QB they'd be better off moving back to the 5-10 range. I think they have bigger needs up the middle on both sides of the ball at OG, MLB, and SS where age and diminished play are an issue.

December 16th, 2010, 7:58 am
Div 1 - Starter

well im picking them to win this week against cleveland, that should move them back a little. they can be a very dangerous team, i dont count them out of any game. who knows they could win out.

December 17th, 2010, 1:46 am
Player of the Year - Defense

Cinci has a mediocre-to-bed defense and a bad offense. And they have no young core of promising players to build around. They should trade away whatever older players with value they have left (like Chad 8-5) and try to rebuild. But I'd probably fire their GM and coach first, they haven't had a great draft in a long time.

December 17th, 2010, 4:44 am
Rookie Player of the Year

Blueskies wrote:
Cinci has a mediocre-to-bed defense and a bad offense. And they have no young core of promising players to build around. They should trade away whatever older players with value they have left (like Chad 8-5) and try to rebuild. But I'd probably fire their GM and coach first, they haven't had a great draft in a long time.

I remember thinking they did quite well in the 2010 draft, but that's not how it's played out.

December 17th, 2010, 9:14 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

Yeah, Marvin Lewis should probably go. But just last year they won their division, and now they stink? Weird how cyclical it is for every other team in the league except for the Lions.

December 17th, 2010, 1:41 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Blueskies wrote:

who is gonna give you any trade value for ocho, he turns 33 in less than a month. he has issues and is nearing the end of his career. i think they have a lot of talented young players on that team. injuries along with palmers bad play has made this team look way worse than it really is. the coaching staff hasnt helped too much either.

December 17th, 2010, 7:15 pm
RIP Killer

To a top team looking to contend for a SuperBowl my guess is that they could get maybe a 3-4th for Ocho.

December 17th, 2010, 7:31 pm
Div 1 - Starter

maybe but i dont see anybody giving up a 3rd for him. now would it really be worth trading him for a 4th rd pick. i dont think it would be a great move.

December 17th, 2010, 7:46 pm
RIP Killer

vankman79 wrote:
maybe but i dont see anybody giving up a 3rd for him. now would it really be worth trading him for a 4th rd pick. i dont think it would be a great move.

Maybe not, I just think someone would do it if in great need. Maybe a Giants, Jags, or Bears who are in need of a WR to compete this year. No one could benefit more than the Jags right now who seem to be missing a pass attack.

December 17th, 2010, 7:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14  Next