View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 4:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next
 Various Mock Draft postings for 2011 
Div 1 - Starter

Post Re: Various Mock Draft postings for 2011
well maybe they would give up a 4th rd for him, but i dont think that it would be worth it to cinci is what im trying to say.

who knows maybe they will hire josh mcdaniels and he can trade us ray maualuga, kieth rivers, and john joseph. sure would be nice. lol

December 17th, 2010, 8:12 pm
RIP Killer

vankman79 wrote:
well maybe they would give up a 4th rd for him, but i dont think that it would be worth it to cinci is what im trying to say.

who knows maybe they will hire josh mcdaniels and he can trade us ray maualuga, kieth rivers, and john joseph. sure would be nice. lol

AHHH got ya. I honestly would trade him for a 3rd if was Cincy. I think they are a lot farther away from being good than everyone thinks. I think they need to get younger.

December 17th, 2010, 8:22 pm
Div 1 - Starter

how did you get me? i dont consider a 4th rd pick that valuable. it has value, but i dont consider it that valuable for what you would be losing on the field. now a 3rd is a totally different story and considerable IMO.

i think that team is WAY better than you give them credit for. they have quality players all over the field. i think they need some new leadership and a change at qb. there is no reason for that team to be as bad as it is. they were actually in the talks for being contenders this season. why is it they are as bad as they have been. because they lack the players? nope, im not buying that. that defense alone has a few star players on it, and to be getting tore up like they have just tells me that they are not preparing properly. poor game plan, i dont know what is going on down there but im not buying they need to clean house and start over.

December 17th, 2010, 8:43 pm
RIP Killer

Lol...

"got ya" as in "I see what you meant"

Chilax bro...

December 17th, 2010, 9:34 pm
RIP Killer

Latest Draft Tek Mock (12/31/2010) has the Lions picking 9th and selecting:
1 - CB Brandon Harris (Prince and Patrick off the board)
2 - LB Travis Lewis
3 - FS DeAndre McDaniel
4 - OT Marcus Gilbert
5 - LB Jonathan Cornell
6, 7 - no projected picks yet

I'd be OK with a draft like that, but would probably change a couple picks based on their overall projections.

Latest NFL Draft Site picks with the Lions picking ninth -
1 - DE Adrian Clayborn (Harris still on board, but Prince and Patrick off board)
2 - CB Jimmy Smith
3 - OC Jake Kirkpatrick
4 - WR Ronald Johnson
5 - QB Andy Dalton (no freakin' way)
6 - LB Ross Homan

I can't say I like this projection as much as that of Draft Tek.

Latest Walterfootball picks with Lions picking ninth -
1 - DE Da'Quan Bowers
2 - OG Benjamin Ijalana
3 - CB Rashad Carmichael
4 - SS Jeron Johnson
No picks projected beyond round four.

I definitely wouldn't mind Bowers, but the next three picks kinda suck. I've never heard of Ijalana (from Villanova) and we would leave players like Jimmy Smith, Greg Jones, Bruce Carter and DeMarcus Love on the board. Seems kind of insane and Millen-esque to me.

December 31st, 2010, 3:37 pm
Stats Boy

I don't understand any way that bowers could fall to 9th at the moment. I would really like the draft if it started with Brandon Harris and Travis Lewis though.

December 31st, 2010, 6:31 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

Unfortunately, Brandon Harris has indicated that he intends to return to school. I suppose he could change his mind, but it doesn't look likely at this point.

As for OG Benjamin Ijalana, I've never seen him play, but I've heard that he's been flying up draft boards recently. He also just got invited to the Senior Bowl, so we can get a look at him then.

I also agree with plach1jm that Bowers won't fall to the 9th pick. It would be nice if he did, but I just don't see it.

January 1st, 2011, 11:26 am
Water Boy

No chance that either of the top 2 CBs are there so you go with the best player on the board on the defensive side of the ball.

January 2nd, 2011, 6:00 pm
Div 1 - Starter

i think its pretty funny what gunther said about suh. he said something like he thinks suh has become martin mayhews assistant because every time he turns around suh is there telling him about players they should draft. ha ha

sounds like he is trying to get his boys from nebraska

January 3rd, 2011, 8:32 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

m2karateman wrote:

1 - DE Da'Quan Bowers
2 - OG Benjamin Ijalana
3 - CB Rashad Carmichael
4 - SS Jeron Johnson

I definitely wouldn't mind Bowers, but the next three picks kinda suck. I've never heard of Ijalana (from Villanova) and we would leave players like Jimmy Smith, Greg Jones, Bruce Carter and DeMarcus Love on the board. Seems kind of insane and Millen-esque to me.

I assume we want a OG as an upgrade over Peterman since Sims has been effective at the LG spot. RG is the easiest spot on the OL to fill. It shouldn't take a second-rounder to get the job done. I like Zach Hurd from UConn but I'm sure the Lions' scouts can find a good RG late in the draft.

January 5th, 2011, 9:21 pm
RIP Killer

mwill2 wrote:
m2karateman wrote:

1 - DE Da'Quan Bowers
2 - OG Benjamin Ijalana
3 - CB Rashad Carmichael
4 - SS Jeron Johnson

I assume we want a OG as an upgrade over Peterman since Sims has been effective at the LG spot. RG is the easiest spot on the OL to fill. It shouldn't take a second-rounder to get the job done. I like Zach Hurd from UConn but I'm sure the Lions' scouts can find a good RG late in the draft.

I don't mind the Lions burning a second or third round pick on a guy they feel strongly about to play guard. They've made picks at that spot in the fourth and fifth rounds, and those players just haven't worked out. I'd prefer to see the Lions try to address more outstanding needs like LB and CB, but getting a first round talent at the middle of the second round would be nice too. That's if a player of that caliber falls to them. There's also the idea that the Lions could be impressed with the job Hilliard did, and tryout Cherilus at RG....but somehow I don't think that's in their plans.

January 5th, 2011, 10:45 pm
Head Cheerleader

Latest mock draft from WalterFootball.com

1. Panthers - Andrew Luck
2. Broncos - Patrick Peterson
3. Bills - Nick Fairley
4. Bengals - A.J. Green
5. Cardinals - Robert Quinn
6. Browns - Marcell Dareus
7. 49ers - Blaine Gabbert
8. Titans - Da'Quan Bowers
9. Cowboys - Prince Amukamara
10. Redskins - Cam Newton
11. Texans - Von Miller
12. Vikings - Ryan Mallett
13. Lions - Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri

2nd round - Aaron Williams, CB, Texas
3rd round - John Moffitt, G, Wisconsin
4th round - Jeron Johnson, SS, Boise State

January 6th, 2011, 8:12 am
RIP Killer

Latest Mock effort from Drafttek - now at 6 rounds:

Detroits Picks:
1 - CB Brandon Harris
2 - LB Bruce Carter
3 - FS Dejon Gomes
4 - OT Marcus Gilbert
5 - LB Casey Matthews
6 - WR Jeremy Kerley

This would actually me a great freakin' draft. Harris and Carter would be almost immediate starters, Matthews could likely fight for a starting job, Gomes would contend with Spievey as a starter, and Gilbert would help push Cherilus. Kerley is a speedster out of TCU who could become the slot receiver we need. Not a bad draft...

January 6th, 2011, 9:39 am
RIP Killer

I'd be thrilled with that draft, plus if they were to get Stephen Tulloch in FA...wow. Resign Houston, get everyone back healthy. Could be a hell of an offseason.

January 6th, 2011, 9:50 am
Walk On

m2karateman wrote:
Latest Mock effort from Drafttek - now at 6 rounds:

Detroits Picks:
1 - CB Brandon Harris
2 - LB Bruce Carter
3 - FS Dejon Gomes
4 - OT Marcus Gilbert
5 - LB Casey Matthews
6 - WR Jeremy Kerley

This would actually me a great freakin' draft. Harris and Carter would be almost immediate starters, Matthews could likely fight for a starting job, Gomes would contend with Spievey as a starter, and Gilbert would help push Cherilus. Kerley is a speedster out of TCU who could become the slot receiver we need. Not a bad draft...

The first two picks are who I'm hoping for. Both Harris and Carter are going to be studs.

We have the 7th pick in the 2nd round.... correct?

Receiving: 287 Yards : 10.6 YPR : 1 TD : 47.8 YPG
0 Fumbles, 0 Fumbles lost
2 concussions

January 6th, 2011, 11:18 am
Reply to topic   [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 14  Next