View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2014, 12:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next
 Various Mock Draft postings for 2011 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Various Mock Draft postings for 2011
I wouldn't have any complaints...

January 6th, 2011, 11:22 am
RIP Killer

thegodjr wrote:
We have the 7th pick in the 2nd round.... correct?

No, we'll have the 12th pick. San Fran, who currently has the 7th pick of the first round, will move down to the bottom of the order (13th pick of the second round) and everyone else moves up one.

January 6th, 2011, 2:24 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

m2karateman wrote:
Latest Mock effort from Drafttek - now at 6 rounds:

Detroits Picks:
1 - CB Brandon Harris
2 - LB Bruce Carter
3 - FS Dejon Gomes
4 - OT Marcus Gilbert
5 - LB Casey Matthews
6 - WR Jeremy Kerley

This would actually me a great freakin' draft. Harris and Carter would be almost immediate starters, Matthews could likely fight for a starting job, Gomes would contend with Spievey as a starter, and Gilbert would help push Cherilus. Kerley is a speedster out of TCU who could become the slot receiver we need. Not a bad draft...

OK, I understand the Harris pick. He might turn out to be better than Prince and Peterson. But picks 2 thru 5 don't excite me. Carter is injured and I wouldn't want to gamble that high on him. If he's still there in the 3rd, then take the chance. The rest seems like there just pulling names out of a hat.

January 7th, 2011, 11:59 pm
RIP Killer

liontrax wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
Latest Mock effort from Drafttek - now at 6 rounds:

Detroits Picks:
1 - CB Brandon Harris
2 - LB Bruce Carter
3 - FS Dejon Gomes
4 - OT Marcus Gilbert
5 - LB Casey Matthews
6 - WR Jeremy Kerley

This would actually me a great freakin' draft. Harris and Carter would be almost immediate starters, Matthews could likely fight for a starting job, Gomes would contend with Spievey as a starter, and Gilbert would help push Cherilus. Kerley is a speedster out of TCU who could become the slot receiver we need. Not a bad draft...

OK, I understand the Harris pick. He might turn out to be better than Prince and Peterson. But picks 2 thru 5 don't excite me. Carter is injured and I wouldn't want to gamble that high on him. If he's still there in the 3rd, then take the chance. The rest seems like there just pulling names out of a hat.

I disagree. I think if Carter's knee is stable, and he's rehabbing on schedule, he's worth the risk. I don't believe he's had an injury history with the leg. If he has, then I agree with you. When healthy, the guy is a monster.

Gomes wouldn't be bad, but I don't think we need a safety that high in the draft. I think Spievey will work out fine, and take a developmental player later. Gilbert and Matthews are actually very solid picks in those rounds. Kerley would compete for the fourth receiver spot, I doubt he would be our third receiver out of the chute. He's fast and quick, but raw. I'd like to see us get a possession style receiver before we take a speed guy. Burleson, CJ and Logan have plenty of speed. We need a disciplined route runner with size and reliable hands.

January 8th, 2011, 2:25 am
Head Cheerleader

Anybody watch the LSU vs. Texas A&M game last night? I watched the last 5 minutes of the first half, but was wondering how Peterson and Von Miller looked?

January 8th, 2011, 9:36 am
RIP Killer

overmier10 wrote:
Anybody watch the LSU vs. Texas A&M game last night? I watched the last 5 minutes of the first half, but was wondering how Peterson and Von Miller looked?

I watched most of the game, and neither of them really stood out in my mind. They played OK, no big mistakes or anything. Tolliver was the one who shined for LSU.

January 8th, 2011, 9:40 am
Pop Warner Allstar

overmier10 wrote:

I did, and I haveto say, it was the only time I have seen Peterson play, but he didn't look that great to me. The y threw at him the whole game ad TAM best receiver, I think his name was Fuller, beat him constantly. It was only one game, so take it for what is is worth, but he definitely didn't look like a top 10 pick to me. Von Miller stood out on a couple of plays, but nothing too special, and to be honest I was watching to see Peterson play, not him. The other thing I noticed because of the other reason I was watching, is that Les Miles did not play both his QB's (which he usually does). He stuck with the one who most resembled Denard Robinson, and I wondered if he was trying to showcase what Robinson could do in his offense, to persuade him to stay IF he becomes Michigan's next Head coach.

January 8th, 2011, 4:51 pm
Position Coach

@m2k, I thought Gomes was a CB and I'll be shocked if Matthews is'nt drafted by the 4th round

January 8th, 2011, 10:44 pm
RIP Killer

Killwill25 wrote:
@m2k, I thought Gomes was a CB and I'll be shocked if Matthews is'nt drafted by the 4th round

I can't say I know much about Gomes, other than having read and/or heard his name being called while reading about or watching college football. You're probably right, he could be a CB, but projected to move to safety in the pros.

Regarding Matthews, I agree that he could go earlier than round five. It's part of why I said I liked that mock for the Lions.

January 9th, 2011, 9:58 am
Veteran General Manager

Here is a scenario in which we get the Prince.

Quote:

By Bamyasi - from Footballs Future.

1 Carolina - Da'Quan Bowers DE Clemson.
2 Denver - Patrick Petterson CB LSU.
3 Buffalo - Cam Newton QB Auburn.
4 Cincinnati - A.J. Green WR Georgia.
5 Arizona - Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri.
6 Cleveland - Marcel Dareus DL Alabama.
7 San Francisco - Ryan Mallett QB Arkansas.
8 Tennessee - Jake Locker QB Washington.
9 Dallas - Robert Quinn DE N.C.
10 Washington - Nick Fairley DT Auburn.
11 Houston - Von Miller OLB Texas A&M.
12 Minnesota - Aldon Smith DE Missouri.
13 Detroit - Prince Amukamara CB Nebraska.
14 ST. Louis - Justin Blackman WR Oklahoma ST.
15 Miami - Mark Ingram RB Alabama.
16 Jacksonville - Cameron Jordan DE CAL.
17 New England - Ryan Kerrigan DE Purdue.
18 San Diego - Adrian Clayborn DE Iowa.
19 NY Giants - Nate Solder OT Colorado.
20 Tampa Bay - Cameron Heywood DE Ohio State.
21 Kansas City - Stephan Pea DT Oregon ST.
22 Indianapolis - Derek Sherrod OT Mississippi ST.
23 New Orleans - Akeem Ayers LB UCLA.
24 Philadelphia - Janoris Jenkins CB Florida.
25 Seattle - Gabe Carimi OT Wisconsin.
26 NY Jets - Julio Jones WR Alabama.
27 Green Bay - Mikel LeShoure RB Illinois.
28 Baltimore - Brandon Harris CB Miami.
29 Chicago - Mike Pouncey OL Florida.
30 Pittsburgh - Anthony Castonzo OT Boston Collage
31 New England - DeMarcus Love OT Arkansas
32 Atlanta - J.J. Watt DE Wisconsin

January 10th, 2011, 3:58 pm
RIP Killer

If prince fell... Id be happy.

January 10th, 2011, 4:34 pm
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
If prince fell... Id be happy.

No way Amukamara gets by Dallas in that scenario. Their needs in the secondary are as desperate as ours. Newman is 33 years old and slowing down. Nobody else has stepped up opposite him. They need a corner more than a DE.

January 10th, 2011, 7:13 pm
RIP Killer

Yeah, but just imagine the announcers trying to figure out who did what in our backfield if we got:

Nnamdi Asomugha
Prince Amukamara

What a heck of a confusion that would be!

January 10th, 2011, 7:26 pm
Heisman Winner

I think the problem with that mock draft is that it shows 3 QBs inside the top 10 picks of the draft. I'm not sure any of them much less all 3 will be graded that high by draft day. There may be 12 players that other teams like enough to pick in front of Prince, but I'm not sure who they might be.

January 10th, 2011, 10:20 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Make that 4 QBs. And yeah, Id be suprised if 2 went. More than 2, and thats some serious reaching. and Dallas wont let prince get by.

We will not be drafting Prince unless he drops or a bunch of others rise and he stays the same (essentially the same as dropping) during the combine and like events.

January 10th, 2011, 10:34 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Reply to topic   [ 199 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 14  Next