View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 23rd, 2014, 10:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 OLB in round 2... 
RIP Killer

Post OLB in round 2...
We've talked a lot about the first pick the Lions will have but what about the 2nd. I have started to put together some rough projections of where the Lions will pick and who might be available and see a nice value lineup of OLB (where the Lions really need some help and depth) prospects in the early to mid second round:

Akeem Ayers (UCLA) - probably goes in the 20's in the first round but...
Von Miller (Texas A&M)
Travis Lewis (Oklahoma)
Bruce Carter (N. Carolina)
Greg Jones (Michigan State)

BTW - 3rd round is starting to look good for interior OL to me as well

December 29th, 2010, 3:18 pm
Profile WWW
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: OLB in round 2...
Like those LBs Pablo.. but for me.. I am leery on taking another LB out of Oklahoma though.

NEVER GIVE UP!

December 29th, 2010, 3:44 pm

Von Miller, Bruce Carter, Greg Jones (not in any particular order) are all good with me.

December 29th, 2010, 4:54 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
League MVP

i think ayers fits our system the best as an olb. miller to me looks like a 3-4 linebacker, he is a better passrusher but is less versatile than ayers. bruce carter possibly could be a fit to play OLB for us. i like greg jones but he might not be the physical presence our coaches seem to want then again Levy has not been physical this year. i think lewis is undersized. miller and ayers will probably be drafted before we pick in rd 2.

December 29th, 2010, 5:03 pm

I like ayers best but am counting on him being gone by pick 20, let alone 40+, so ddidnt count him.

December 29th, 2010, 5:07 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

The Legend wrote:
i think ayers fits our system the best as an olb. miller to me looks like a 3-4 linebacker, he is a better passrusher but is less versatile than ayers. bruce carter possibly could be a fit to play OLB for us. i like greg jones but he might not be the physical presence our coaches seem to want then again Levy has not been physical this year. i think lewis is undersized. miller and ayers will probably be drafted before we pick in rd 2.

I like Ayers too but he might be the most likely of all of these guys to end up as a 3-4 OLB. He's enormous too! I think Carter and Miller could both work as OLBs here. Maybe Jones as a MLB if Levy swings back outside? Although it seems like Schwartz likes Levy as the MLB so that might not happen.

If I had my pick, it would be Carter. That kid is an animal.

December 29th, 2010, 6:06 pm
Heisman Winner

I'm not sure that most of those guys will still be around after rd 1. Maybe Herzlich from BC. He might be there still.

December 29th, 2010, 6:40 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

jrd66 wrote:
I'm not sure that most of those guys will still be around after rd 1. Maybe Herzlich from BC. He might be there still.

I like Herzlich as well, late 2nd to 3rd round. Has the size to be Peterson's replacement. Carter is injured, sure to see his stock fall. I've seen Jones play alot this year (STATE FAN) he's instintive and tough at the line of scrimmage, but isn't very big. Listed at 6 2" 235. I think that's inflated.
Lewis is intriguing for a weakside LB, he's agressive, tough, can play in space, has 4.5 speed.

December 29th, 2010, 7:46 pm
RIP Killer

I think Quan Sturdivant can move outside, so I'd count him as a second round possibility. Of course, I'd prefer to see Levy moved outside and keep Quan in the middle...but it's not my choice.

December 29th, 2010, 9:10 pm
Team MVP

I know this is an OLB thread, but as a MLB, i really like Donta Hightower of Alabama. Big guy (6'4" 260lb) and VERY strong. He also is pretty quick for someone his size. I know hes had injury history, but the dude can play.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 30th, 2010, 1:47 am
Stats Boy

I like Hightower too if he comes out. He's only played MLB one season and he actually isn't very quick like you say. I'd prefer "Nasty" Nate Irving as a pick. Also check out Nick Bellore in the later rounds. Lacks a little speed, but he's a tackling machine who hits VERY HARD. Plus he played college ball in the state of michigan which the lions like.

December 31st, 2010, 3:25 am
5th Round Pick - Traded

m2karateman wrote:
I think Quan Sturdivant can move outside, so I'd count him as a second round possibility. Of course, I'd prefer to see Levy moved outside and keep Quan in the middle...but it's not my choice.

Been watching all the bowl games with an eye on LB prospects. Have to say Sturdivant, so far, has been the most impressive. In last nights game he seamed to be in on alot of tackles, had a game turning pick, and generally seems to have the nasty disposition I like to see in a LB. I think he could play any LB spot. JMO.

Watched Martez Wilson, couple of nights ago. He stands out as well, but think he needs another year in school.

December 31st, 2010, 10:19 am
Team MVP

plach1jm wrote:
I like Hightower too if he comes out. He's only played MLB one season and he actually isn't very quick like you say. I'd prefer "Nasty" Nate Irving as a pick. Also check out Nick Bellore in the later rounds. Lacks a little speed, but he's a tackling machine who hits VERY HARD. Plus he played college ball in the state of michigan which the lions like.

Not quick?? Are u kidding me?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

December 31st, 2010, 5:09 pm
Stats Boy

He's sluggish. It could be his injury, but I watching him play I wouldn't use the words "quick." Delmas is quick

December 31st, 2010, 5:19 pm
Team MVP

plach1jm wrote:
He's sluggish. It could be his injury, but I watching him play I wouldn't use the words "quick." Delmas is quick

Well, ya. Quick for his size. You're comparing a 260lb guy with a 200lb guy.....C'mon Man.

December 31st, 2010, 5:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next