View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 29th, 2014, 10:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 can someone explain the prince love 
Varsity Captain

Post Re: can someone explain the prince love
well i,ll just have to call you out as the team would agree with me as he was there top reserve for the mike last season and they were very comfortable with him there until levy was healthy.and it was'nt until his injury that they where sent scrambling for a replacement.if you were even slightly in tune with how the coaching staff feels about him you would understand this.they did not look to replace him last offseason nor will will they this season.yeah you got me .let me guess you also think the team cant wait to replace backus either. one question ? what is it that you dislike about his play? please be specific

April 12th, 2011, 10:54 am
Team MVP

Great..sounds like we got a know-it-all thats gonna rip on everyones opinions.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 12th, 2011, 11:24 am
RIP Killer

allenslions wrote:
well i,ll just have to call you out as the team would agree with me as he was there top reserve for the mike last season and they were very comfortable with him there until levy was healthy.and it was'nt until his injury that they where sent scrambling for a replacement.if you were even slightly in tune with how the coaching staff feels about him you would understand this.they did not look to replace him last offseason nor will will they this season.yeah you got me .let me guess you also think the team cant wait to replace backus either. one question ? what is it that you dislike about his play? please be specific

He doesn't shed blockers all that well, and he bounces off strong runners at times. He is instinctive, he reads plays well....I'm not saying he's terrible, I'm saying he can't stay on the field. Having a great player who can't stay healthy isn't having a great player. It's having a player with great potential....that's entirely different. So far Stafford has shown that potential, but I wouldn't refer to him as a great player. Dizon may have shown potential, but his inability to stay healthy MUST be taken into account.

I know you're new to this board. If you go back to my posts for the past couple months you'll find that I am one of the people on here who have continued to state that the Lions don't have a NEED for a new LT. Backus has put together respectable back to back seasons. Early in the 2010 campaign I was calling for his head, but after about game three or four he settled down and was stonewalling some damn good pass rushers. He's still not the run blocker I'd like to see, but I see no need to replace Backus. Besides which, the Lions still have Jason Fox, who could become their future LT.

I don't interact with the Lions coaching staff on a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis. But the fact is, a good coaching staff depends on results, not feelings. If they feel Dizon is a good player, whoppee for them. Look at what he's done in this league since he's been drafted.....you could fit it in a thimble. If they keep him based on that, then they aren't a very good coaching staff.

April 12th, 2011, 11:40 am
Varsity Captain

i agree he has been bitten by the injury bug but that does'nt erase the fact the he was playing very well before he got hurt.so what was i being called on?you said yourself he,s not that bad.no i,m not a know-it-all just be prepared to backup your opinion when in a discussion with me.

April 12th, 2011, 12:51 pm
Team MVP

I cant say I know much about Jimmy Smith, so I wont comment on him much other than its proven he has character issues, but to me it sounds like entering a discussion with you is fighting a losing battle.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

April 12th, 2011, 12:55 pm
Varsity Captain

not hardly i,m very much enjoying this topic and talking with you guys.and yes he as had some off-field issue,s there just not as bad as alot of you think.the charge for underage drinking was dropped .we looked into this deeply and found that he does'nt have an issue with it and as for the failed drug test for marijuana. we also did our research on that.what we found was a kid who admitted to smoking during his sophomore season but has,nt touched it since being reprimanded for it.he has since became heavily involved in the church and has really stepped to the plate on these issues .but again the best scenario for detroit would be to trade down and select the top interior lineman on the board and select ras i dowling in round two.here is the best draft scenario for the lions.i think there best trade partner would be the giants if smith goes to the cowboys the gmen wont risk losing out on castonzo as he would be the only ot that could start day one on the leftside.
1rd-pouncey
2rd-ras i dowling
2rd-bruce carter
3rd-quinton carter
4rd-john moffitt
5rd-mario fannin
7rd-chykie brown

April 12th, 2011, 1:46 pm
Team MVP

I would absolutely love to move down and draft Pouncey, but my impression is that the Lions dont feel they need him? Is this true? Or would Detroit want to draft an interior lineman.

By the way, my impressions are from Tom Kowalski mentioning they most likely wouldnt select one, so take it for what its worth.

April 12th, 2011, 1:57 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I don't know about the Prince love but I really don't understand the Pouncey love. Mike Pouncey does not equal Maurkice Pouncey--Mike isn't nearly as powerful as his brother. I wouldn't take Mike Pouncey any higher than round 3.

April 12th, 2011, 2:27 pm
NFL Veteran

I can't say for certain that I liked what I saw of Dizon. But word was he was blowing the pants off of the coaching staff prior to his injury. That and the emergence of some of the young secondary prompted me to post this. They let Foote walk and traded away Sims. You don't do that unless you are comfortable with what you have. And even Gunther was comparing Dizon to Julian Peterson (in a positive way).

So not being impressed by Dizon to me, is more a matter of him not getting a chance to get on the field to show his stuff. We really don't know from firsthand experience how good Dizon is or not. But the reality is the coaching staff and FO were sure high on him. People are willing to give Stafford the benefit of the doubt despite his penchant for staying off the field, so I don't think there should be a double standard for Dizon.

-
Pouncey. Not as high on him as I once was. He will be the lesser of the two Pouncey's. My feelings on him dropped when I learned that his time under center was much more unpredictable, and lacked the consistency of his brother. I would prefer he be a great center who can play guard, than a great guard who can play center... if you know what I mean. That's where I saw the value.

I'm still high on Bruce Carter because regardless of what anyone says, he was the best linebacker I've seen the past two seasons. If he honestly checks out, I hope the Lions do what they can to take him.

And I would have no problems taking Dowling in the second. That guy is a beast at the position. Never seen a guy who has his coverage ability play like a head-hunter. That's Ras-I.

April 12th, 2011, 2:49 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Captain

as far as killer goes i think his wife denise knows more about whats goin on in allenpark then he does.and yes the coaching staff has grown tired of dom and believe it or not it has more to do with his off-field stuff then his play.but tom thinks that if the staff does'nt come out and flame him to the media he is all good.as for mike pouncey not being able to play center.this is hogwash yes markise was much more the polished center but he also played the position for three years compared to mike,s one.trust me it may take mike a year or two to reach markise's level at center but he will get there he just needs reps and he's head and shoulders above dom right now on a physical level.

April 12th, 2011, 3:49 pm
Team MVP

allenslions wrote:
as far as killer goes i think his wife denise knows more about whats goin on in allenpark then he does.and yes the coaching staff has grown tired of dom and believe it or not it has more to do with his off-field stuff then his play.but tom thinks that if the staff does'nt come out and flame him to the media he is all good.as for mike pouncey not being able to play center.this is hogwash yes markise was much more the polished center but he also played the position for three years compared to mike,s one.trust me it may take mike a year or two to reach markise's level at center but he will get there he just needs reps and he's head and shoulders above dom right now on a physical level.

Good. I like to hear that the coaching staff is as fed up with Dom as we all are. I tell ya, a trade down for Pouncey sure would be sweet. Problem is, as the draft gets closer, it seems like Pouncey keeps climbing. I almost think we cant drop TOO far to get him cuz he could be gone within the next 5 picks.

April 12th, 2011, 4:01 pm
RIP Killer

allenslions wrote:
i agree he has been bitten by the injury bug but that does'nt erase the fact the he was playing very well before he got hurt.so what was i being called on?you said yourself he,s not that bad.no i,m not a know-it-all just be prepared to backup your opinion when in a discussion with me.

I was calling on the fact that the Lions coaches would put hope in the fact that Dizon will amount to anything. If they still believe in his ability to contribute, I'm amazed, because the guy simply can't stay on the field. To me, a guy who can't contribute due to reoccuring health issues is a waste of a roster spot. 38 games isn't a bad stat in his first two seasons....but none started and only 57 tackles. He couldn't break the starting lineup despite being selected in round two. That doesn't sound like a difference maker in the making to me. If you have insight to how the coaches feel, and that's their outlook, I have to wonder what they're smoking in Allen Park.

I just don't have faith that entering his fourth season, and coming off an injury, he's going to ever be anything but a special teamer. If he can surpass that and be an integral part of the defense, I would be happy with that. I'm just not seeing it, and I hope the coaching staff isn't counting on it such that they'd pass over a linebacker in the draft or free agency.

April 12th, 2011, 4:12 pm
Varsity Captain

dont blame him for where matt millen drafted him.you have to throw that out the window.now his first season was a wash because they didnt know what to do with him.matt wanted him outside and the head coach wanted him inside so they moved him allover the place and this slowed his progress.know in year two the new coaching staff moved him inside for good where he not only had to learn a new position but a new defense.now in year three he came into camp and was really showing the staff some really nice play then pow the injury.the staff will give him every chance to make an impact.he may never be a starter unless an injury happens but thats what depth players are for.

April 12th, 2011, 4:41 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

allenslions wrote:
dont blame him for where Moron of the Millennium drafted him.you have to throw that out the window.now his first season was a wash because they didnt know what to do with him.matt wanted him outside and the head coach wanted him inside so they moved him allover the place and this slowed his progress.know in year two the new coaching staff moved him inside for good where he not only had to learn a new position but a new defense.now in year three he came into camp and was really showing the staff some really nice play then pow the injury.the staff will give him every chance to make an impact.he may never be a starter unless an injury happens but thats what depth players are for.

excuse me for beating a dead horse here but, "pow the injury"??? Singular? Has there been a year so far where there wasn't a "pow the injury"?

Im with the majority here in saying he spends too much time on the cart (so to speak). If he practices so well, we need to let the vidoes of it slip out to other teams and maybe get a trade for him. I would much rather have a guy who I know is going to survive a game then send out another "mr. Glass".

One year? fluke. Two years? uh oh! pattern maybe? 3 years? dudes fragile. If it happens again (which now falls under the category of "likely") we've got NO value and have nothing but wasted time.

April 12th, 2011, 5:19 pm
Varsity Captain

missed 4 games his rookie year and played in all 16 games in 2009.2009 he had 29 tackles on defense and 15 on special teams.again check your facts.only injuries he has had outside of maybe a slight pull or strain which every player gets was a shoulder his rookie season were he lost 4 games and the knee last season.

April 12th, 2011, 6:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next