View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 3:51 pm

Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 what about this scenario 
Varsity Captain

Post what about this scenario
by now the word is out that both atlanta and the steelers our hot for are pick.so say we trade with atlanta and they gave us there first second and fourth rd picks.one would you make the trade and second would you select ras i dowling at 27 he is the clear 4th corner in this draft.then we could grab both wisniewski and either carter if he is still on the board or the wr gates.

April 27th, 2011, 8:12 pm
Team MVP

Post Re: what about this scenario
Absolutely

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 27th, 2011, 8:15 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

In a heartbeat.

April 27th, 2011, 8:21 pm
RIP Killer

I'd be the happiest little boy in the world.

April 27th, 2011, 8:28 pm
Varsity Captain

not draft related but what do you guys think of old chad johnson raving about working out with cj and stafford in atlanta?me thinks he wants to come here.would you sign him if he came on the cheap?

April 27th, 2011, 8:37 pm
Baton Girl

I would love to trade down with either the Steelers or the Falcons. If as you propose, we would receive the Falcons 1st, 2nd and 4th, I would prefer a scenario such as this one.

1R: Jimmy Smith - CB
2R: Bruce Carter - LB
2R: Stefen Wisniewski - OG/C
3R: Edmund Gates - WR
4R: Curtis Brown - CB
4R: Quan Sturdivant - LB
5R: David Mims - OT
7R: Allen Bradford - RB

Talk about a dream draft scenario...

April 27th, 2011, 8:47 pm
Varsity Captain

the problem there is jimmy smith is not getting past the ravens.trust me dowling aint no slouch.reminds me alot of darrell carter.

April 27th, 2011, 8:52 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

allenslions wrote:
not draft related but what do you guys think of old chad johnson raving about working out with cj and stafford in atlanta?me thinks he wants to come here.would you sign him if he came on the cheap?

NO! Cancer! Why wreck the locker room?

April 27th, 2011, 8:54 pm
Varsity Captain

this is my last lions draft scenario .it takes the atlanta trade there 1st 2rd 4rd picks
1rd-ras i dowling
2rd-stefan wisnieski
2rd-akeem dent
3rd-edmond gates
4rd-john moffitt
4rd-mario harvey
5rd-david mims
7rd-mario fannin
then with next years 6th rd pick select janoris jenkins in the supplemental draft.this is very doable guys lets see if mayhew is as good as me.lol

April 27th, 2011, 9:54 pm
Team MVP

allenslions wrote:
this is my last lions draft scenario .it takes the atlanta trade there 1st 2rd 4rd picks
1rd-ras i dowling
2rd-stefan wisnieski
2rd-akeem dent
3rd-edmond gates
4rd-john moffitt
4rd-mario harvey
5rd-david mims
7rd-mario fannin
then with next years 6th rd pick select janoris jenkins in the supplemental draft.this is very doable guys lets see if mayhew is as good as me.lol

I would absolutely freak if that happened! Man would that be awesome!

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

April 27th, 2011, 10:06 pm
Div 1 - Starter

i would absolutely do it and then i would trade back up in front of the ravens and end up with 2 second rd picks out of the deal and take jimmy smith

April 27th, 2011, 10:34 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

I fully realize that the trade value chart is not a perfect indicator of anything, but if you calculate the points, the Falcons would need to give up their 2, 3, and 4 in order to move from #27 to #13. Mayhew may not be offered that deal by Atlanta but hopefully that would be his counter offer. A compromise could easily end with the Lions getting the 2nd and 3rd in addition to #27. I know it's not a perfect science but if the Falcons want to jump that high, they have to know the price will be steep.

Of course all of that will hinge on whether or not their guy is available at #13. If they want Julio Jones, I think he'll be gone.

April 27th, 2011, 11:32 pm
RIP Killer

Yeah, this blog was put up just before 6:30pm

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-bl ... lcons_blog

Quote:
BIRDLAND – The bat phone has been shake, rattling and rolling all day on vibrate.

No, the Falcons are not getting ready to mortgage the future to get Georgia wide receiver A.J. Green. The cost to get up into the top five is prohibitive.

It would cost the Falcons’ their first round pick this year, their first, second and third next year.

However, Alabama wide receiver Julio Jones could be in play.

Here’s how that can happen.

Jones has to slip outside of the top 10. Most have him going to Cleveland at No. 6, but the Browns may go defense and take LSU cornerback Patrick Peterson.

If Houston, which needs secondary help, takes Nebraska cornerback Prince Amukamara with the 11the pick. The Detroit Lions, who pick 13th, could be looking to trade out of their spot.

The Falcons could send their first, second and fourth round picks this year along with next year’s second to the Lions. The key would be to get in front of St. Louis to take Jones.

If Jones doesn’t slip, look for the Falcons to hold onto the 27th pick.

April 27th, 2011, 11:39 pm
Profile WWW
Varsity Captain

also the steelers want to move up over miami to land pouncey.and i,m calling it now prince is being picked by dallas.

April 27th, 2011, 11:43 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

Pablo wrote:
Yeah, this blog was put up just before 6:30pm

http://blogs.ajc.com/atlanta-falcons-bl ... lcons_blog

Quote:
BIRDLAND – The bat phone has been shake, rattling and rolling all day on vibrate.

No, the Falcons are not getting ready to mortgage the future to get Georgia wide receiver A.J. Green. The cost to get up into the top five is prohibitive.

It would cost the Falcons’ their first round pick this year, their first, second and third next year.

However, Alabama wide receiver Julio Jones could be in play.

Here’s how that can happen.

Jones has to slip outside of the top 10. Most have him going to Cleveland at No. 6, but the Browns may go defense and take LSU cornerback Patrick Peterson.

If Houston, which needs secondary help, takes Nebraska cornerback Prince Amukamara with the 11the pick. The Detroit Lions, who pick 13th, could be looking to trade out of their spot.

The Falcons could send their first, second and fourth round picks this year along with next year’s second to the Lions. The key would be to get in front of St. Louis to take Jones.

If Jones doesn’t slip, look for the Falcons to hold onto the 27th pick.

[-o<

April 27th, 2011, 11:59 pm
Reply to topic   [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next