View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 24th, 2014, 5:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Is Pouncey in play? 
Rookie Player of the Year

Post Is Pouncey in play?
He's crept up to Miami at #15 in a lot of recent mocks. His twin brother is an all-pro. He would allow us to give that jerk Peterman the boot and then could move over to replace Dom. Thoughts?

April 27th, 2011, 9:51 pm
Div 1 - Starter

Post Re: Is Pouncey in play?
i would think he would probably replace raiola right out the gate if drafted. he would almost certainly out perform raiola to where the coaching staff would have to plug him in. we dont even know where raiola stands with detroit after the sexual assault stunt he pulled in the off season. the coaches arent blind they know that dom has played pretty lousy and with his attitude i could see them replacing him sooner than later

April 27th, 2011, 10:29 pm
All State

I'd love to see it happen, but I don't know if it should at 13. Assuming that Amukumura, Tyron Smith, and maybe Costonzo are off the board at that point though, I'd rather see them take Pouncey then stock up on DE (especially Bowers with his knee) when KVB is still functional and a great team leader, and Avril and McBride are holding their own. We need playmakers in the Secondary and the Middle more then we do at DE right now.

April 28th, 2011, 3:21 am
Hall of Fame Player

DisgruntledFan wrote:
I'd love to see it happen, but I don't know if it should at 13. Assuming that Amukumura, Tyron Smith, and maybe Costonzo are off the board at that point though, I'd rather see them take Pouncey then stock up on DE (especially Bowers with his knee) when KVB is still functional and a great team leader, and Avril and McBride are holding their own. We need playmakers in the Secondary and the Middle more then we do at DE right now.

I could see us taking Pouncey and moving Raiola to RG.

Think about it. When is Raiola at his best? When he is pulling and trapping. I think Raiola would be a much better Guard than he is a Center. And he could still make all the line calls from the RG position.

If Prince is gone at 13, I would be in favor of taking Pouncey.

April 28th, 2011, 9:14 am
All State

BillySims wrote:
DisgruntledFan wrote:

Think about it. When is Raiola at his best? When he is pulling and trapping. I think Raiola would be a much better Guard than he is a Center. And he could still make all the line calls from the RG position.

I'd like to see him on the Lions too, but I almost think we could actually leverage the potential for taking him at 13 to trade down with the Dolphins (showing up in a lot of mocks as taking him at 15), or the Steelers if they really do want to pair him with his brother.

April 28th, 2011, 12:45 pm
RIP Killer

DisgruntledFan wrote:
BillySims wrote:
DisgruntledFan wrote:

I'd like to see him on the Lions too, but I almost think we could actually leverage the potential for taking him at 13 to trade down with the Dolphins (showing up in a lot of mocks as taking him at 15), or the Steelers if they really do want to pair him with his brother.

Two problems:
1. Miami trade scenario - they don't have a second rounder, and are looking to move back rather than up, even for Pouncey. They can wait until round three to get Brandon Fusco or John Moffitt if they want a center/guard. Trading up is not an option in their war room. At least, that's how I look at it. Remember, they are in need of a QB as well, so they'll likely want to move back so that they could land one of the second tier QBs in later round one.

2. Pittsburgh trade scenario - when is the last time Pittsburgh traded up in round one? I can't remember the last time they've EVER traded a pick (though I'm sure they have). For them to move from 31st to 13th would take a ridiculous amount of picks, and that's something they're not willing to do.

April 28th, 2011, 1:02 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

m2karateman wrote:
2. Pittsburgh trade scenario - when is the last time Pittsburgh traded up in round one? I can't remember the last time they've EVER traded a pick (though I'm sure they have). For them to move from 31st to 13th would take a ridiculous amount of picks, and that's something they're not willing to do.

Pittsburgh traded up for Santonio Holmes and Troy P. They gave up picks in both trades (BUT I still think the Pitt trade-up scenario is very far-fetched).

April 28th, 2011, 1:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]