View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 21st, 2014, 11:16 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 So, since the League is forced to start the league year.... 
Hall of Fame Player

Post So, since the League is forced to start the league year....
Is trading of players allowed for draft picks now?

April 28th, 2011, 11:50 am
Player of the Year - Defense

Post Re: So, since the League is forced to start the league year.
It should be, but so far the league is continuing the lockout. They're basically in contempt and on the verge of collusion.

April 28th, 2011, 11:56 am
All State

If nothing else I hope they are taking advantage of the lack of direction by the NFL right now and Stafford, Dr. James Andrews, and the coaching staff are having a friendly little chat right now about his rehab progress....

April 28th, 2011, 12:42 pm

Aeillo just said that facilities will open doors at 8am est tomorrow, and they'll send procedures for starting the league year sometime tomorrow as well. So clubs can contact players now to let them know, but no player trades or transactions will be taking place yet. Expect it to start monday unless the 8th circuit grants the stay, which is unlikely.

So it sticks to trades of draft picks only, which probably means an early run on QB's since no one can be guaranteed to get a Kolb or McNabb in FA. Mayock thinks 8 will be picked in first 2 rounds. Could be as many as 6 in the first round. Goose's mock might just happen.

April 28th, 2011, 12:47 pm
RIP Killer

With no CBA to direct salary structure for rookies or vets, and no CBA to determine whether players with four or six years are unrestrictred, I don't see the teams doing player trades just yet. I would imagine that a player like McNabb could be traded, but what kind of deal do you sign him to?

Teams (and agents) need the CBA to make sure the deals for the players are going to be fair according to the CBA. They can work to the previous CBA, but I don't think that's what the players want, because of the strong possibility of a rookie salary structure being implemented.

April 28th, 2011, 12:58 pm

They're not allowed to trade players now anyway. I wouldn't expect any player transactions to start Monday, with the league giving the guidelines to use as far as years for FA, etc.. tomorrow. They're delaying things because they hope to get a stay by as early as this afternoon. They can't be this unprepared. You can't run a billion dollar business without thinking you could lose this court case and not have your options setup.

April 28th, 2011, 1:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]