View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently October 25th, 2014, 6:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status) 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status)
man love for pryor? i wouldnt spend more than a 6th on him...

Just because I think the NFL is making a mistake doesnt have anything to do with pryor... read the thread.

August 19th, 2011, 11:12 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

I've read the thread..and your relentless defense of the guy....

August 20th, 2011, 10:07 am
RIP Killer

Really? am I defending him or the nonsense surrounding him Joe? Principles overrule the person, from a principles standpoint this is nonsense.

August 20th, 2011, 10:36 am
Player of the Year - Defense

How is the NFL making a mistake? By suspending him? Is it a first? Absolutely. They could have easily just said "See you in April," and left him high and dry. Its been a big story, and part of that is due to Pryor himself. He shouldn't even be eligible. He knew the circumstances and could have declared for the draft. Once he got caught, then he suddenly changed his mind. That's completely his choice. The circumstances didn't change. Caleb King was declared academically ineligible. Again, it was his choice, but it wasn't an offense against the rules. As soon as Pryor signed with an agent, he was a perspective member of the NFLPA and the NFL and put him into the eyes of the commissioner.

I would have let him take his take time to dwell on it and let him enter in April.

August 20th, 2011, 11:36 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

steensn wrote:
Really? am I defending him or the nonsense surrounding him Joe? Principles overrule the person, from a principles standpoint this is nonsense.

see this is exactly what im talking about..how is ANY of this NOT his fault? your are defending a guy who for all practicle purposes was a wrecking ball to your alma matter. what principle are you standing on? the guy did whatever he wanted whenever he wanted. what is nonsense about that?

August 20th, 2011, 12:01 pm
RIP Killer

Again, people make mistakes. He also didn't do anything illegal and selling your autograph or stuff is not against the rules in the NFL. The issue is, why does the NFL care and why now? The supplemental draft was created for people just like Pryor.

August 20th, 2011, 2:11 pm
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

TP ran a 4.41 40 at his pro day today, I guess by Monday he'll be a Raider.

August 20th, 2011, 3:53 pm
RIP Killer

4.41, he's slowed down ;) (though OSU is certainly a fast track) Like I've said, if he wanted to be a WR, I'd take him with a 3rd. He wants to be a QB, so scratch him to a 5th or 6th.

August 20th, 2011, 5:53 pm
RIP Killer

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/68805 ... uspensions

Video of his pro-day, he ran a 4.36 evidently. Didn't impress anyone with his QB skills, but he's got skills at WR. He even indicates he would play a different position if drafted for it and the team needed to. He will not contend the suspension given to him.

August 20th, 2011, 6:19 pm
NFL Veteran

steensn wrote:
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/6880558/17-nfl-teams-evaluate-terrelle-pryor-says-appeal-suspensions

Video of his pro-day, he ran a 4.36 evidently. Didn't impress anyone with his QB skills, but he's got skills at WR. He even indicates he would play a different position if drafted for it and the team needed to. He will not contend the suspension given to him.

If he says he'll play receiver put down a 4th or 5th. You dont get speed like that in a frame that size very often and if he shows any skill at all he would be scary opposite CJ. Or Maybe convince him to hit the weight room and he can play DE like he always should have.

August 20th, 2011, 10:25 pm
Hall of Fame Player

Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion.
steensn wrote:
Read what I wrote, if you want to get taken seriously going to the NFL you have to go to the NCAA, EFFECTIVELY forcing players into the NCAA. When the NFL decides to continue any punishment from the NCAA it reaffirms an unofficial link between the NCAA and the NFL. You're right, there is other options, but reality shows us that to have any shot at the NFL, you have to prove yourself in the NCAA. The effective situation requires players to sign up for the NCAA.

Wrong.

Do you remember Eric Swan? He did not qualify academically for the NCAA. So he played semi pro ball for 3 years and then entered the NFL draft.

1991 (Drafted alternately 6-5-4-3)
Rd. Sel.# Name Pos. School
1. 6 Eric Swann DL None

6th overall pick, chosen by the then St. Louis Cardinals. Didn't play a down in the NCAA.

August 21st, 2011, 12:56 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Billy, really?

1 Player who made it to the 1st round without going through the NCAA does nothing to disprove his point that it is the Primary Gateway and only chance for most players.

August 21st, 2011, 6:07 am
Profile ICQ WWW
QB Coach

4.41, he's slowed down (though OSU is certainly a fast track) Like I've said, if he wanted to be a WR, I'd take him with a 3rd. He wants to be a QB, so scratch him to a 5th or 6th.

I just hope he doesn't do like the former Neb QB did to GB. He wanted to be a QB but was best utilized as a slot, so three games into the season, he retires. No medical condition, I believe he sighted that he wasn't being used as He wanted. Crouch was his name I think.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

August 21st, 2011, 7:50 am
RIP Killer

Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion.
BillySims wrote:
steensn wrote:
Read what I wrote, if you want to get taken seriously going to the NFL you have to go to the NCAA, EFFECTIVELY forcing players into the NCAA. When the NFL decides to continue any punishment from the NCAA it reaffirms an unofficial link between the NCAA and the NFL. You're right, there is other options, but reality shows us that to have any shot at the NFL, you have to prove yourself in the NCAA. The effective situation requires players to sign up for the NCAA.

Wrong.

Do you remember Eric Swan? He did not qualify academically for the NCAA. So he played semi pro ball for 3 years and then entered the NFL draft.

1991 (Drafted alternately 6-5-4-3)
Rd. Sel.# Name Pos. School
1. 6 Eric Swann DL None

6th overall pick, chosen by the then St. Louis Cardinals. Didn't play a down in the NCAA.

Yes, there are enigmas... that doesn't make the main track that is going to get you somewhere isn't the NCAA. I don't even know why we are discussing this, it is like a given. I think you are arguing jut to argue now.

August 21st, 2011, 9:41 am
RIP Killer

WarEr4Christ wrote:
4.41, he's slowed down (though OSU is certainly a fast track) Like I've said, if he wanted to be a WR, I'd take him with a 3rd. He wants to be a QB, so scratch him to a 5th or 6th.

I just hope he doesn't do like the former Neb QB did to GB. He wanted to be a QB but was best utilized as a slot, so three games into the season, he retires. No medical condition, I believe he sighted that he wasn't being used as He wanted. Crouch was his name I think.

Yes, the former Nebraska QB. That would suck.

August 21st, 2011, 9:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next