View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 1st, 2014, 12:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
 Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status) 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion.
m2karateman wrote:
steensn wrote:
I can agree it isn't perfect for Detroit... but I believe Stanton and Hill are interchangeable (well, they both can make sure they are neither the reason for a win or loss) and neither are going to be getting better. I also feel a 3rd string QB should always be a developement QB because the return is so great for hitting the jackpot (either a later trade for high draft pick or your new starting QB).

I agree that it is preferrable to have a developmental QB as your 3rd stringer. However, with Stafford still needing to prove that he can stay healthy, I think it would be adviseable to wait until he can get at least 12 games under his belt in one season before we concern ourselves with that. Pryor is a knucklehead. If the Lions truly want a developmental QB they can wait until the 2012 draft, or sign one of the UDFA QBs out there.

But the rub is, how often does aguable this talented show himself for a late round draft pick? It's opportunistic.

June 16th, 2011, 9:55 am
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
But the rub is, how often does aguable this talented show himself for a late round draft pick? It's opportunistic.

Not exactly sure what you're trying to say here....I'm interpreting it as you saying how often can a QB this talented be gotten for a late round pick? It all depends on your perspective. I personally don't think Pryor is all that as a player, let alone as a QB in the NFL. Even without his off-field issues, I don't think he's going to be all that good. I see him as just another Jamarcus Russell waiting in the wings.

June 16th, 2011, 11:32 am
RIP Killer

Sorry for the typo, you got it right though so no big deal.

If Russel was up for draft, unruined as a starter in Oakland and could be had for a 6th rounder with the claer plan to sit him for a few years I'd give him a redo. Again, there are a lot of stipulations to making this work, one being he sits and learns which is what Russell was never given the time to do. I personally don't think he will work out because of his decision making and how the ball comes out when he throws, but I also think he is worth the risk for what I concider a thow away pick.

June 16th, 2011, 11:35 am
The kid is a piece of chit, he will hinder, disrupt, and hold back any situation that he finds himself in, and I want no part of him in a Lions uniform, regardless of how little it costs us.

June 16th, 2011, 6:48 pm
RIP Killer

wjb21ndtown wrote:
The kid is a piece of chit, he will hinder, disrupt, and hold back any situation that he finds himself in, and I want no part of him in a Lions uniform, regardless of how little it costs us.

Yet he is a positive if he is playing for OSU... what a bunch of two sided have it both ways crap.

June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

steensn wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

Yet he is a positive if he is playing for OSU... what a bunch of two sided have it both ways crap.

I took it upon myself to copy/paste this little conversation swing back over to the NCAA football thread as it seemed more in line with that thread than this one...hope nobody minds. Thats where I replied to it anyhow...

June 16th, 2011, 7:39 pm
regularjoe12 wrote:
steensn wrote:
wjb21ndtown wrote:

I took it upon myself to copy/paste this little conversation swing back over to the NCAA football thread as it seemed more in line with that thread than this one...hope nobody minds. Thats where I replied to it anyhow...

And go read the response...

June 17th, 2011, 2:52 am
Pop Warner Allstar

I am sure I am in the minority here but I have always wanted to have a 3rd string running QB for trick plays. Kind of like how the Jets bring in Bruce Smith every now and then. At least I think that is his name. I am not saying that I want Pryor just always wanted a QB like that or hell even a WR who can throw. I don’t hate Pryor as much as most on here just don’t think he is mature yet. A lot of his problems I think comes from just having everyone hand him stuff and put him up on a pedestal. I won’t lie I don’t know if I could turn down that stuff as a teenager.
Basically what I am saying I have always wanted a fast QB (Not as my starter) though Stanton just doesn’t seem fast enough to me. I also just don’t think this is the year to try it either. If our 3rd string QB has to play a snap this year I would rather have someone who has been in the system and proven to at least get wins.

June 17th, 2011, 10:38 pm
Commissioner of the NFL – Roger Goodell

NO!

June 17th, 2011, 11:52 pm
RIP Killer

waste o' pick. I see him as a Redskin or Raider...in the form of a 4th rounder at best, most likely a 5th.

June 21st, 2011, 9:29 pm
RIP Killer

I've been hearing Browns, but that is likely just a "local boy" rumor.

June 22nd, 2011, 10:14 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

Wouldn't local be Pittsburgh?

June 22nd, 2011, 11:01 am
RIP Killer

Home town yes, college no. But Pitt doesn't have a QB need or they would likly be part of the rumor as well.

June 22nd, 2011, 11:44 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

Colt McCoy? He's not a proven commodity but they seem to believe in him.

June 22nd, 2011, 4:13 pm
RIP Killer

I would say that Colt is unproven enough that the rumors are flying.

June 22nd, 2011, 4:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next