View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 23rd, 2014, 10:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Terrelle Pryor a Lion (not really, sup draft status) 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Terrelle Pryor a Lion.
Colt played well for a rookie last season. From what I have read, he seems to be the front runner for the starting job when there is a next season.

NEVER GIVE UP!

June 23rd, 2011, 8:09 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

steensn wrote:
I would say that Colt is unproven enough that the rumors are flying.

The rumors that Terrelle Pryor would be a legitimate threat to start over McCoy? I knew Cleveland fans were dumb, but not that dumb.

June 23rd, 2011, 4:22 pm
RIP Killer

Wayne Fontes wrote:
steensn wrote:
I would say that Colt is unproven enough that the rumors are flying.

The rumors that Terrelle Pryor would be a legitimate threat to start over McCoy? I knew Cleveland fans were dumb, but not that dumb.

Cleveland is in Ohio, nuff said!

June 23rd, 2011, 4:48 pm
Profile WWW
RIP Killer

Again... this is the case too many times on tis forum... where did I say that much detail? I mean really guys... take things the way they are said not how you want to see them (not snapping at you personally... just another example).

McCoy isn't a Matt Ryan or someone else where after the first year you go "Ah, that is the guy for the future." He played ok, showed potential, seems to be the way to go... but he hasn't convinced many he is THE GUY. So for that reason, if a backup solution appears that would hedge your bets for the right price, it isn't beyond reason to go for it.

Not one indication was made that Pryor would be grabbed to have a very good chance od starting over McCoy, but McCoy has done anything to show they shouldn't have a backup plan.

So I'm not sure where you pulled that comment out of... but you certainly made up a lot of details.

June 23rd, 2011, 6:53 pm

I would rather keep Zach Robinson

June 27th, 2011, 12:53 am

:finger: terrelle pryor

June 27th, 2011, 12:54 am
RIP Killer

I think Colt McCoy got a bit over-hyped last season because no one expected him to do much. He wasn't taken in round one like some expected, slipped to round three and as a result not too many folks expected him to do much of anything. He played well for how late he was drafted, but I agree with steensn that he is definitely an unproven commodity at this point. Getting him some competition would probably be a good thing for his mental development. The question is, does Terrelle Pryor represent what would be serious camp competition? I think if Cleveland doesn't use more than a fifth round pick in the supplemental draft for him, it would be worth the investment. Personally, I think Pryor is an NFL bust waiting to happen. But I've been wrong about players plenty of times before....

June 27th, 2011, 8:44 am
RIP Killer

A 6th round pick isn't considered a bust if they flame out, it is expected... that is the type of thing we are taking about here. I know everyone is in the mindset of thinking of Pryor as a 1st round pick, who IS a bust if they don't pan out, but that is not what we are talking about here.

June 27th, 2011, 9:13 am
RIP Killer

steensn wrote:
A 6th round pick isn't considered a bust if they flame out, it is expected... that is the type of thing we are taking about here. I know everyone is in the mindset of thinking of Pryor as a 1st round pick, who IS a bust if they don't pan out, but that is not what we are talking about here.

OK, now we are going through semantics.

How about this, I don't think Pryor will have much of an NFL career....1st round, sixth round, undrafted.....whatever.

June 27th, 2011, 3:19 pm
RIP Killer

I know I was being picky, but that pickyness does warrant different responces. As a QB I think his chances are low, but his potential upside is high. He could be a Russel or a Vick, but I'm leaning more towards a Russell as well. That being said, presented in round 1-4 I say hands off, no way. Presented in rounds 5-7, I say take that chance, they should be used for high risk, high reward type players evne if you don't think they'll work out.

June 27th, 2011, 4:01 pm
RIP Killer

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... nfl-wp3058

Pretty dang spot on rundown of Pryor... pretty much how I sum up his skills.

June 30th, 2011, 9:51 am
League MVP

Quote:
Not exactly sure what you're trying to say here....I'm interpreting it as you saying how often can a QB this talented be gotten for a late round pick? It all depends on your perspective. I personally don't think Pryor is all that as a player, let alone as a QB in the NFL. Even without his off-field issues, I don't think he's going to be all that good. I see him as just another Jamarcus Russell waiting in the wings.

I agree with m2k that Pryor is simply not a good QB. Russell was a much better prospect than Pryor and I wouldnt be surprised if Pryor went undrafted altogether. He could be a WR prospect and that would be his best position in the NFL or as some suggested in some sort of wildcat scheme. Brad Smith left the Jets, I could see Pryor ending up there. Would allow him to do some QB work while developing primarily as a WR.

July 30th, 2011, 7:40 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

Has the NFL set a date for the supplemental draft yet?

There were some rumblings earlier about Pryor not even being eligible for the draft and I haven't heard or seen anything yet either way on this matter.

July 30th, 2011, 7:59 am
RIP Killer

Nothing, the NFL needs OSU to confirm he would have missed games more than he would have prior to the first draft to show he had a change of status to force him to go supplemental. You can't just jump ship I guess without cause or change with status.

July 30th, 2011, 11:03 am
Millen Draft Pick - Epic Bust

steensn wrote:
Nothing, the NFL needs OSU to confirm he would have missed games more than he would have prior to the first draft to show he had a change of status to force him to go supplemental. You can't just jump ship I guess without cause or change with status.

I thought that OSU did that this past week declaring that he would of been ineligible for the 2011 season and they banned him from OSU for five years. Of course this all comes out once there was some question to his eligibility for the supplemental draft.

July 30th, 2011, 12:21 pm
Reply to topic   [ 173 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next