View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently December 20th, 2014, 9:45 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Is Tebow increasing the value of...... 
Hall of Fame Player

Post Is Tebow increasing the value of......
Denard Robinsons draft stock as a QB next year with the way he is playing right now?

December 16th, 2011, 12:03 am
Post Re: Is Tebow increasing the value of......
BillySims wrote:
Denard Robinsons draft stock as a QB next year with the way he is playing right now?

If I'm not mistaking, Denard has another year of elgibility left and he'll be back at UofM next year if he's smart.

But to answer your question outright, no... They're two different players, and I don't think either is a desirable long-term answer at Qb.

December 16th, 2011, 11:38 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

Tebow weighs about 40 lbs more then Robinson and can stand up to the punishment of running the ball in the NFL.

December 16th, 2011, 12:25 pm
ST Coordinator – John Bonamego

not to mention taht even though Tebow's TEAM is winning games...very few people are sold on Tebow himself yet. (outside of the media that is...)

December 16th, 2011, 1:45 pm
1st Round Pick

Location: Cloudy Town, Minnesota. 763.18 miles from Ford Field
regularjoe12 wrote:
not to mention taht even though Tebow's TEAM is winning games...very few people are sold on Tebow himself yet. (outside of the media that is...)

+1

Follow me on Twitter: @W2G4U

December 16th, 2011, 3:13 pm
Profile WWW
Color Commentator - John Madden

Im sure as hell not on the Tebow bandwagon. I can't stand how he gets so much love for his defense and special teams being the ones who do all the heavy lifting... Who is the one team the Bronco's lost to?

That's right...the Leo's!

December 16th, 2011, 3:21 pm

Wayne Fontes wrote:
Im sure as hell not on the Tebow bandwagon. I can't stand how he gets so much love for his defense and special teams being the ones who do all the heavy lifting... Who is the one team the Bronco's lost to?

Couldnt agree more. It must all be Tebow who is keepin oponents to 13 or less points in 4 out of 5 weeks. RIiiiiiiiiight...sigh

December 16th, 2011, 3:43 pm
Bubbles the Lion

regularjoe12 wrote:
Wayne Fontes wrote:

Couldnt agree more. It must all be Tebow who is keepin oponents to 13 or less points in 4 out of 5 weeks. RIiiiiiiiiight...sigh

The most frustrating part is that when I try to tell someone that Tebow has done a good job on not turning the ball over, but it is the defense that has kept 6 of 8 teams he has started against under 20 points; they bring up his religion. Like what? No, I think that he just isn't a good NFL QB. He is Alex Smith(low TO's but nothing else) that can run a little.

December 16th, 2011, 5:56 pm

the one thing he SHOULD get the creidt for is motivation. lets be honest very little of their wins have much to do with him...but good god they play so hard since he started. Th e guy has undeniably inspired that team. THAT he can be given credit for...but the fact that NO ONE mentions the D in Denver annoys the crap out of me.

December 16th, 2011, 6:37 pm
Rookie Player of the Year

My favorite was the Onion article: "Tim Tebow inspiring other NFL teams to start sh-tty quarterbacks." :D :arrow:

December 17th, 2011, 7:24 am
QB Coach

I'm sorry did I miss something? Have I missed the ESPN or NFL Now press conferences that has Tebow spouting about how good he is, and how it's been his awesomeness (yes I'm watching Kungfu Panda) that has caused this all to happen? I must not get that channel on t.v.

Oh wait, you mean Tebow isn't blowing his own horn? No press conferences? Oh so it's the MEDIA that is creating the HYPE? WOW! Whodathunkit! I'm amazed how TEBOW is catching the hate that has been generated by former players, washed up has beens, a couple of wanna be's, and some retarded I mean retired players.

TEBOW has only gone out and played and given credit to HIS Team, oh and maybe taken a knee now and then. The "Christophobia" is flowing big time!!!!

As far as Denard is concerned, he will probably go the way of Antoine Randal El, and become a slot receiver who does the YAC route instead of QB. I thought this was pretty obvious, but then again, this room appears to be hung up on media hype.....

Tell me I'm wrong!!!!

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

December 17th, 2011, 2:38 pm
QB Coach

http://www.examiner.com/christian-livin ... -the-world

Interesting article on Tebow and all the hate.

2 Chronicles 10:14, "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

December 17th, 2011, 4:28 pm
All State

If Denard can make some strides in the off season , ehh , who knows .. He's going to the league , I have no doubt bout it , dude is fast .. But if Borges can help further progress him who knows .. He's running a spread/ wc hybrid , just needs to get his mechanics together .

December 19th, 2011, 8:24 am
RIP Killer

WarEr4Christ wrote:
http://www.examiner.com/christian-living-in-columbus/tim-tebow-the-most-interesting-man-the-world

To quote the article "They hate on him because he is not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ and because he truly believes it is the power of God for salvation for everyone who believes."

The article ignores a huge fact, many don't like Tim Tebow because of the WAY he plays football. He isn't your prototypical QB and throws ducks. He gets credit for his team winning, despite the fact that the defense has been the primary reason for the victories. This drives many analyst and fans mad. When I watch ESPN, NFL Network, 99% of the Tebow talk is about football - this article tries to flip that stat which is insulting to readers intelligence.

As a fan of football I'd prefer to just watch the game for entertainment value, I don't need someone's beliefs constantly being expressed. Imagine if some Satanist keep praising the Devil after every game and flased 6-6-6 everytime he made a good play. Imagine if players started spewing their political views in every interview, well lets not even start to imagine that.

This is football, not church. But Tebow is being talked about for a lot more than his beliefs, to say otherwise is just ignorant.

December 19th, 2011, 11:19 am
Profile WWW
QB Coach

Pablo wrote:
WarEr4Christ wrote:
http://www.examiner.com/christian-living-in-columbus/tim-tebow-the-most-interesting-man-the-world

To quote the article "They hate on him because he is not ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ and because he truly believes it is the power of God for salvation for everyone who believes."

The article ignores a huge fact, many don't like Tim Tebow because of the WAY he plays football. He isn't your prototypical QB and throws ducks. He gets credit for his team winning, despite the fact that the defense has been the primary reason for the victories. This drives many analyst and fans mad. When I watch ESPN, NFL Network, 99% of the Tebow talk is about football - this article tries to flip that stat which is insulting to readers intelligence.

As a fan of football I'd prefer to just watch the game for entertainment value, I don't need someone's beliefs constantly being expressed. Imagine if some Satanist keep praising the Devil after every game and flased 6-6-6 everytime he made a good play. Imagine if players started spewing their political views in every interview, well lets not even start to imagine that.

This is football, not church. But Tebow is being talked about for a lot more than his beliefs, to say otherwise is just ignorant.

Agree 100%. The facts are these:

Tebow ranks dead last in the league in completion %, attempts/game (by a huge margin), and yds/game. He's also in the bottom 10 in the league in nearly every other QB metric. He's simply not a very good QB. Yes, he has won, but some of that has been extraordinarily lucky. If Marion Barber doesn't completely hand the game to Denver last week, they lose that game. He has only played against 2 teams that have a record substantially above .500: Detroit and New England. Both times his team was blown out. He has led his team to last second wins of mostly bad teams. He's a nice story, and an exceptionally good person, but he's not a good QB.

“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” - Neil deGrasse Tyson

December 19th, 2011, 2:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next