View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 25th, 2014, 5:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Lions Team Needs 
Team MVP

Post Re: Lions Team Needs
If it wasnt before, is it NOW safe to say we need some serious help in the secondary? Heyward-Bey made our defensive backs look like crap. And this aint the only game that stood out.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 18th, 2011, 11:46 pm
All State

Secondary , O-line ... Delmas is always injured .. Hope he doesnt have that Big Bob bug ..

December 19th, 2011, 8:20 am
Team MVP

Heyward-Bey wouldnt have had the yards he had if we could just TACKLE!! DHB caught the ball and Chris Houston just pushed him, thinking he would fall I guess, NOPE...he ran it in for a TD. Pathetic Houston, pathetic.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

December 19th, 2011, 1:12 pm
Color Commentator - John Madden

I agree that our secondary hasn't played all that well in the last few games, but we haven't been healthy. That is something that every team goes through and the Lions are no exception. We were down to our 3rd safety (4th if you consider Coleman is on IR). I wouldn't mind spending a mid rounder on another Safety. I'm not sold on Spievey as a long term starter at the position, but I'm willing to give him another year and see what's what. Another CB wouldn't be a bad idea, either.

I'm still going to pound the drum of needing to replace DeAndre Levy. He took some awful angles, and if you noticed, the Raiders ran AT him for most of the game with success. He is a better inside linebacker, but if we can re-sign Tulloch, he becomes expendable.

Raiola showed, AGAIN, that he sucks at run blocking.

December 19th, 2011, 2:09 pm
Team MVP

Quote:
I agree that our secondary hasn't played all that well in the last few games, but we haven't been healthy

I definetely agree with what your saying, but missed tackles are another thing that drives me nuts, regardless if its our starters or backups.

Quote:
Raiola showed, AGAIN, that he sucks at run blocking.

YUP! No push from that guy.

December 19th, 2011, 8:42 pm

Detroit_LIons wrote:
Secondary , O-line ... Delmas is always injured .. Hope he doesnt have that Big Bob bug ..

I like the idea of drafting a safety on the second day of the draft, if it went O line, O line, S in the first three rounds that would be a good way to go. I know that some will say that Mayhew will probably draft BPA, but I'm not so sure that it will be the case.

The roster he took over 3 years ago was so bereft of talent that taking BPA was a way for him to build talented depth. Thats why you saw him wheeling and dealing a lot more in years past opposed to very few moves of note this year. When trying to restock a bare cupboard, he took the most talented guy, regardless of position and it would undoubtedly be an upgrade over what had previously been there.

Mayhew traded up to grab LeShoure this year. IMO this was him starting to assess positional need and expend resources and gamble on a guy that would fit a position of need that he likes. I don't know if LeShoure is going to be better than Daniel Thomas, DeMarco Murray, or Stevan Ridley, but those were the next three running backs that were taken after him.

I just think that we don't necessarily need to draft BPA any more since we have built solid enough depth over the last few years to start to take players that fit positional need, not just because they are talented.

December 21st, 2011, 10:33 am
RIP Killer

I think BPA really applies in round 1, especially at the top of the draft. There is such a perceived difference between the players at that point.

Player grades get a lot closer late in round 1 and into round 2. That is when you will see Mayhew start matching BPA at a position of need.

In the trade value chart there is a 50 point difference between picks in the middle of round 1, but by the middle of round 2 the difference is just 10 points ( 5 pts in round 3, 2 pts in round 4).

Speaking of draft charts, I wonder what it looks like now with the change in rookie compensation?

December 21st, 2011, 12:21 pm
Profile WWW

Good point. The $ that was paid to the top 10 was the main reason those picks were so costly to move into...

December 21st, 2011, 2:24 pm
Varsity Captain

Post My first thoughts on detroits 2012 draft
First off we know detroit will be selecting from pick 21 and down.so lets throw out all the ltp talk.there are 3 that could start day one and there gone before 20.so with that think our pk will fall between lamar miller,chase minnifield ,decastro

December 22nd, 2011, 3:08 am
Team MVP

Post Re: My first thoughts on detroits 2012 draft
lol What is ltp talk? Just out of curiosity, who are the 3 day-one starters? Personally, I dont want Lamar Miller, not because hes not good, but because i do not want to draft a RB round 1. Id love Decastro though!

December 22nd, 2011, 8:41 am
ST Coordinator – Danny Crossman

ltp = left tackle? thats my guess. I think he's saying the top tackles are gone, who else do we want.

December 22nd, 2011, 8:59 am

Admin/Pablo-

Can you combine this with the thread Lions Team Needs?

As for DeCastro, I've seen mocks with him going in the top half of the first round. As for Lamar Miller, no.

December 22nd, 2011, 11:00 am
RIP Killer

Wayne Fontes wrote:
Admin/Pablo-

Can you combine this with the thread Lions Team Needs?

As for DeCastro, I've seen mocks with him going in the top half of the first round. As for Lamar Miller, no.

done...

December 22nd, 2011, 11:34 am
Profile WWW

Thanks Pablo.

December 22nd, 2011, 12:19 pm
Pro Bowl Player

I think someone the Lions might really consider is Michael Brewster, if he is still available.

I think he is very comparable to a Nick Mangold and it's time to start grooming a tougher center.

Getting Bigger at OLB and Safety is a need too.

Will be interesting to see what they come up with by next season.

December 22nd, 2011, 1:57 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next