View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently July 22nd, 2014, 9:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 49er's fan 
Varsity Captain

Post Re: 49er's fan
DJ-B wrote:
This is an Offense driven league now. You have to be able to get a stop sometime to win in Playoffs, but Dominat D with mediocre O wont get you a Ring anymore.

Yeah see, I disagree. It wasn't that long ago where the best offense in the league (ever?) lost to a dominant defense and manageable offense. Nobody thought that would happen, but it did. 18-1.

And it was mostly the Steelers defense that shut down the unbelievable Cardinals offense to win the Super Bowl. That INT return for a touchdown before halftime is what really setup the Steelers to win that game.

I also trust Harbaugh being very smart to win games. This last game vs the Seahawks, we went for it on 4th and 2 in the third quarter. The cameras were focusing on Jim YELLING at his offensive line, trying to pump them up for the next play. We lined up to get the first down, and used play action. Fooled everyone. The Seahawks thought they were going to run. The fans thought run. Hell, 49ers players even thought it was going to be a run. After the game, Jim said that whole thing was staged to change the Seahawks defense, and it worked.

That's one example of dozens where Harbaugh has done something during the course of a game to gain an advantage over the other team. Little things like that. I trust in his ability to make things happen.

December 25th, 2011, 10:13 pm
Veteran General Manager

49ers wrote:
Yeah see, I disagree. It wasn't that long ago where the best offense in the league (ever?) lost to a dominant defense and manageable offense. Nobody thought that would happen, but it did. 18-1.

You are referring to a discussion in which no one said that we have the best offense ever right now. Just that the Lions Offense might get to that point.

Just a little context for you.

December 26th, 2011, 10:48 am
League MVP

so it looks like the top pick now is bw STL and INDY. I think Indy would take Luck, knowing the importance of a franchise QB. I agree w previous posts that STL would then do well to trade the pick though if Robert Griffin is also coming out than they might not have quite the same leverage. STL might also take Kalil w the top pick or see if they can get one of Kalil or WR Blackmon after a trade back. If they took Luck they would almost have to trade Bradford and Im sure they d want a WR or a first rd pick to draft a WR if they made that kind of move.

December 26th, 2011, 3:48 pm
Reply to topic   [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2