HARD HITTING DETROIT LIONS FORUM
http://www.lionbacker.com/forum/

Offensive Tackles
http://www.lionbacker.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15591
Page 4 of 4

Author:  kdsberman [ March 25th, 2012, 12:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Offensive Tackles

Meechigan89 wrote:
If the lions want a Tackle at 23 it would likely be Right Tackle/Guard hybrid Cordy Glenn, here is my evaluation:

Positives:
Extraordinary Athlete
uses wide frame to his advantage
- Showed he carries his weight very well
Superior Arm Length
- allows him to be position flexible at G or RT
seems to glide while pass blocking
Does a good job protecting against pass rushing moves
- knows how to deal with swim, club, and spin
strong anchor
- squares up defenders
- very tough to beat
excellant power and leverage in run blocking
- a Mauler
- 31 reps despite arm length shows incredible strength
- dominates once he gets a hold of someone
- long reach with powerful upper body
pulls well - can seal an edge
engulfs defenders at 2nd level
flaws are trumped by elite athlecticism
shows a lot of understanding of defensive schemes

Negatives:
Waist Bender too often - plays hunched over
struggles to pick up blitz
- NFL evaluators believe this is correctable
not quick off the snap
plays too upright at times
Lacks the footwork to play LT in NFL
Like most guards, he has a pretty good spare tire on him
- this causes him trouble with Speedy DE's and eliminates him as a LT

Wait wait...YOUR evaluation? That's quite a bit for an average draft fan not having actual "film" on players, no offense. I agree though with the evaluation.

Author:  mwill2 [ March 25th, 2012, 2:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Offensive Tackles

kdsberman wrote:
Meechigan89 wrote:
If the lions want a Tackle at 23 it would likely be Right Tackle/Guard hybrid Cordy Glenn, here is my evaluation:

Positives:
Extraordinary Athlete
uses wide frame to his advantage
- Showed he carries his weight very well
Superior Arm Length
- allows him to be position flexible at G or RT
seems to glide while pass blocking
Does a good job protecting against pass rushing moves
- knows how to deal with swim, club, and spin
strong anchor
- squares up defenders
- very tough to beat
excellant power and leverage in run blocking
- a Mauler
- 31 reps despite arm length shows incredible strength
- dominates once he gets a hold of someone
- long reach with powerful upper body
pulls well - can seal an edge
engulfs defenders at 2nd level
flaws are trumped by elite athlecticism
shows a lot of understanding of defensive schemes

Negatives:
Waist Bender too often - plays hunched over
struggles to pick up blitz
- NFL evaluators believe this is correctable
not quick off the snap
plays too upright at times
Lacks the footwork to play LT in NFL
Like most guards, he has a pretty good spare tire on him
- this causes him trouble with Speedy DE's and eliminates him as a LT

Wait wait...YOUR evaluation? That's quite a bit for an average draft fan not having actual "film" on players, no offense. I agree though with the evaluation.


This is one of two plagiarized evaluations posted today. http://nfldraftseason.com/2012-nfl-draft-player-profiles/cordy-glenn-nfl-draft-guard-georgia/

Quote:
Name: Cordy Glenn
Ideal Position: Guard or Right Tackle
Measurements: 6 foot 6 inches 335 lbs.
School: Georgia
-Like most guards, he has a pretty good spare tire on him and needs to keep his shirt on at the combine and not follow in Andre Smith’s footsteps. Since he is so heavy he struggles against DEs with elite first steps when he is playing LT.
-As I mentioned he is playing LT this year but he will really make his money playing as an interior lineman. Having said that, he has the size, arm length, and ability to develop into a decent RT after a few years at the pro level.
-He has improved his technique as an outside blocker this year and shows a lot of understanding of defensive schemes, which can be seen when he passes defenders of inside on crossing stunts
-I love him as a mauler, when running backs burry themselves behind him on running plays they are almost guaranteed an extra 3-4 yards.
-Where I love his run-blocking ability, I am afraid of him in long-term pass protection. I think that when he moves back inside he may struggle against guys that use their hands and speed well after initial contact.
-His big build is a gift and a curse because he will not be able to pull, however his huge body would make him hard to get around if he just stood still.
-Does a good job protecting against pass rushing moves. He knows how to deal with swim, club, and spin.
-As a guard, the best you can hope for is to be the 1 guard who is annually taken in the first round, however that title will most likely belong to David Decastro, however he could end up in the top of the second round or at absolute worst someone will trade up for him in the bottom of round 2.  Possible destinations: Panthers, Jaguars, Browns, Buccaneers, Chargers, Cardinals, Bills, Jets, Giants, Broncos, Titans


[-X

Author:  Pablo [ April 19th, 2012, 1:52 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Offensive Tackles

Mike Adams joins the long list of pot smokers, turns out he tested positive at the Combine. Just adds to the many red flags for this buckeye.

Author:  Boz [ April 19th, 2012, 11:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Offensive Tackles

Who gives a poop if they were somebody else's words or not. Good post, lots of info. If I had the power to boot everybody that has used someone else's word on this forum I would be the only one left as I have never posted anything that was worth stealing.

Except that Charles Rogers and the PED's.

Author:  mwill2 [ April 19th, 2012, 11:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Offensive Tackles

Boz wrote:
Who gives a poop if they were somebody else's words or not. Good post, lots of info. If I had the power to boot everybody that has used someone else's word on this forum I would be the only one left as I have never posted anything that was worth stealing.

Except that Charles Rogers and the PED's.


It's perfectly acceptable to cut/paste from other sites if you provide a link so everyone knows that you are using another's words. This person wrote "here is my evaluation" and presented someone else's thoughts as if those thoughts were his own. That's called plagiarism and it is dishonest. It is stealing.

Author:  Boz [ April 19th, 2012, 11:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Offensive Tackles

Maybe that's why the thread is named "Offensive" tackles. He fluncted his term paper and that movie "A Murder of Crows" may be about him. All in all that puts him right up there with Lions Girl. Maybe not honest but entertaining none the less. :cheers:

Author:  DisgruntledFan [ April 20th, 2012, 1:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Offensive Tackles

Pablo wrote:
Mike Adams joins the long list of pot smokers, turns out he tested positive at the Combine. Just adds to the many red flags for this buckeye.


Yup, stay away please! Dishonest, a pot smoker, and a BUCK EYE! Too many issues. And to me he sounds like a reach anyway. Draft a CB or LB instead if Adams is the BA OL at that point, even if they have to move back in the draft slightly. My ranking for potentially available OL would be Konz>Glenn>Martin.

Author:  kdsberman [ April 20th, 2012, 8:00 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Offensive Tackles

DisgruntledFan wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Mike Adams joins the long list of pot smokers, turns out he tested positive at the Combine. Just adds to the many red flags for this buckeye.


Yup, stay away please! Dishonest, a pot smoker, and a BUCK EYE! Too many issues. And to me he sounds like a reach anyway. Draft a CB or LB instead if Adams is the BA OL at that point, even if they have to move back in the draft slightly. My ranking for potentially available OL would be Konz>Glenn>Martin.


I feel the same way.

Author:  wjb21ndtown [ April 20th, 2012, 11:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Offensive Tackles

DisgruntledFan wrote:
Pablo wrote:
Mike Adams joins the long list of pot smokers, turns out he tested positive at the Combine. Just adds to the many red flags for this buckeye.


Yup, stay away please! Dishonest, a pot smoker, and a BUCK EYE! Too many issues. And to me he sounds like a reach anyway. Draft a CB or LB instead if Adams is the BA OL at that point, even if they have to move back in the draft slightly. My ranking for potentially available OL would be Konz>Glenn>Martin.



Most people have Glenn ahead of all three, but I'm with you. I would rather have Konz. Glenn and his potential weight/intelligence issues scare me. I would rather have Konz and Osemele, or Osemele and Jones later in the draft.

Page 4 of 4 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/