View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 16th, 2014, 7:32 pm

Reply to topic  [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 rumor has it 
Varsity 1st Team

Post Re: rumor has it
.He has the ability to play either side.I have always been high on him.but seeing what he did at his proday just sealed his first rd grade for me.an yes by the end of his rookie year he would have kvb out of the starting lineup.and he is clearly better then all the corners after claiborne and if it wasn't such a deep class I could see him in the top 10.he is my favorite can't miss prospect.

March 23rd, 2012, 12:45 am
Team MVP

allenslions wrote:
.He has the ability to play either side.I have always been high on him.but seeing what he did at his proday just sealed his first rd grade for me.an yes by the end of his rookie year he would have kvb out of the starting lineup.and he is clearly better then all the corners after claiborne and if it wasn't such a deep class I could see him in the top 10.he is my favorite can't miss prospect.

Man I completely understand why cb is #1 on their priority list in the draft, and it's pretty obvious why, but if vinny curry was available it would be tempting. Is there any chance they would pass on CB and take him?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

March 23rd, 2012, 1:06 am
Varsity 1st Team

I coulddnt see them passing him up.and trust me I,m gonna make sure everyone in that room is well aware of this new info on him.

March 23rd, 2012, 2:37 am
League MVP

allenslions - what do you think of robert turbin rb utah state? are the lions interested and where will he go in the draft? he did great at the combine and i thought he looked tough in his bowl game and has some nice highlights.

March 23rd, 2012, 2:07 pm
RIP Killer

allenslions wrote:
I coulddnt see them passing him up.and trust me I,m gonna make sure everyone in that room is well aware of this new info on him.

We're talking about round two pick here, right? We aren't talking about Marshall in round one, are we?

March 23rd, 2012, 3:36 pm
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:
allenslions wrote:

We're talking about round two pick here, right? We aren't talking about Marshall in round one, are we?

I think Round 1.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

March 23rd, 2012, 4:38 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Yeah. From what hes saying I gather he was originally estimated as a Rd2 Pick, but after Great Combine and more recently Pro Day he is now going to be graded at rd 1 and be gone before our 2nd pick. Not saying I think we should take him, just my interpretation of allenslions comments about vinny.

March 23rd, 2012, 5:02 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Mr. Irrelevant

kdsberman wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
allenslions wrote:

I think Round 1.

Would have no problem with that pick if they traded back and got him late 1 or early 2.

March 23rd, 2012, 5:54 pm
RIP Killer

No offense to allenslions, or any one else, but I'd have a HUGE problem with the Lions taking Vinny Curry in round one. Here's why: I've found that players who suddenly rocket up draft boards based on one good performance more often than not fail as professional athletes. I've always preferred players who drop over a period of time over those players who rise suddenly. My understanding is the Marshall was seen as a borderline 1st rounder before his lackluster performance at the Combine. Then he dropped to mid to late second round. Now he had a really good workout, and he's risen above and beyond his original projection? That just sets off all sorts of red flags to me.

If the Lions were to trade down in the early round two area (for instance, if the Rams do want to trade back into round one and make a really sweet deal with the Lions to do so) then I'd be all for him to be picked. But unless a number of other players are off the board, I'd view it as a reach.

March 23rd, 2012, 6:05 pm
League MVP

shouldnt branch from clemson and nick perry go ahead of curry?

March 23rd, 2012, 6:45 pm
Play by Play Announcer - Al Michaels

m2karateman wrote:
No offense to allenslions, or any one else, but I'd have a HUGE problem with the Lions taking Vinny Curry in round one. Here's why: I've found that players who suddenly rocket up draft boards based on one good performance more often than not fail as professional athletes. I've always preferred players who drop over a period of time over those players who rise suddenly. My understanding is the Marshall was seen as a borderline 1st rounder before his lackluster performance at the Combine. Then he dropped to mid to late second round. Now he had a really good workout, and he's risen above and beyond his original projection? That just sets off all sorts of red flags to me.

If the Lions were to trade down in the early round two area (for instance, if the Rams do want to trade back into round one and make a really sweet deal with the Lions to do so) then I'd be all for him to be picked. But unless a number of other players are off the board, I'd view it as a reach.

If that's your take on Curry, then you've clearly not watched him. The kid is sick. He isn't rocketing up boards because of his pro day, it's a combination of that, the Senior Bowl (where he was outstanding), and two seasons of dominance as a junior and senior. I completely buy him as a first-round talent.

March 23rd, 2012, 7:45 pm
Varsity 1st Team

Curry didn't really fly up the boards .he has always been on the cusp of the first round just because of his nonstop motor that lead to huge sack numbers.but there was always questions about his size and speed because the mac tend to inflate there numbers to us.so we waited for the combine for those answers.now at the combine his size was great 6'4 -274 with nice 35 inch arms.then a great vert of 35 inches and he showed great explosion with a 10;00 broad jump.then came the 40 .and a 4,95 was just horrid an the field drills were just as bad as they could be and a lot of scouts me included did what were not supposed to do. Forget what you saw on tape .then he redeems himself by running a sizzling 4.63 forty and aceing the field drills.so all of us scouts are shuffling to put him back were he belongs as a 15to 25 pick.now I,ll give it to my good friend mike mayock has neveer wavered and has ranked him as the 4th best de in the class.and if he,s there at 23 there is nobody I would take ahead of him.he is every bit as good a passrusher as pieare paul and a better run defender.

March 23rd, 2012, 8:39 pm
Mr. Irrelevant

Question for allenslions. If the Lions don't take a corner in the 1st, do you think they'll be looking to add a CB in the 2nd to 3rd? If so who do you like? I'm partial to Josh Norman, whats your take on him?

March 23rd, 2012, 8:53 pm
Varsity 1st Team

Josh is a very good young corner.I like his ball skills a lot and he always gets his head around.now he doesn't have elite speed and his technique is raw but he,s very. Coachable .don't think you could plug him in right away.but if you can apply enoug. Presure up front you might be able to get away with it.

March 23rd, 2012, 10:18 pm
Team MVP

allenslions wrote:
Curry didn't really fly up the boards .he has always been on the cusp of the first round just because of his nonstop motor that lead to huge sack numbers.but there was always questions about his size and speed because the mac tend to inflate there numbers to us.so we waited for the combine for those answers.now at the combine his size was great 6'4 -274 with nice 35 inch arms.then a great vert of 35 inches and he showed great explosion with a 10;00 broad jump.then came the 40 .and a 4,95 was just horrid an the field drills were just as bad as they could be and a lot of scouts me included did what were not supposed to do. Forget what you saw on tape .then he redeems himself by running a sizzling 4.63 forty and aceing the field drills.so all of us scouts are shuffling to put him back were he belongs as a 15to 25 pick.now I,ll give it to my good friend mike mayock has neveer wavered and has ranked him as the 4th best de in the class.and if he,s there at 23 there is nobody I would take ahead of him.he is every bit as good a passrusher as pieare paul and a better run defender.

U about got me won over on the idea of drafting him. Of course, I'd still be very happy with Kirkpatrick or Gilmore.

March 23rd, 2012, 10:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 132 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next