View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 29th, 2014, 8:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Vikings & Matt Kalil 
RIP Killer

Post Re: Vikings & Matt Kalil
The Legend wrote:
I think the Vikings will take Kalil but I could easily see the Vikings take Claiborne instead of Kalil. Not sure why people think that is so farfetched. They ve had troubles in the secondary and play vs Cutler/Marshall, Stafford/Calvin, Rodgers/take your pick of wrs 6 times a year. as for miami - they may need to move up because they are worried that someone like KC might leapfrog them to take Tannehill. The Cleveland possibility is also very real - Colt McCoy does not project to anything more than an average NFL QB and one limited by system at that.

back to Kalil, if the Vikes dont take him how far would he fall? Some say St Louis would take him but if they dont get someone for Bradford to throw to they risk losing the fan base support for him, also remember Jeff Fisher doesnt tend to take OL very high. I could see Luck/RG3/Claiborne/Tannehill/Richardson/Blackmon/

Good points. However, the Vikings also have to face KVB/Suh/Fairley/Avril twice a year, Clay Matthews twice a year, and Julius Peppers twice a year. So I'd say that getting a left tackle that can keep some of those guys off the back of their sophomore QB would be a pretty good idea as well.

And when it comes down to it, cornerbacks can be avoided. It's one of the reasons why, in recent years, teams have put an emphasis on the pass rush instead of the pass coverage. QBs can avoid throwing to a CBs side, but they have a tough time avoiding a strong rush in their face.

Leslie Frazier can make all the statements he wants. If the Vikings avoid taking Kalil, they will have made a grave mistake. Personally, I think Kalil is a more sure fire blue chip prospect than Claiborne.

April 24th, 2012, 10:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2