View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently August 21st, 2014, 12:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 144 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Cornerbacks 
Modmin Dude

Post Cornerbacks
PFT wrote:
Dre Kirkpatrick arrested for marijuana possession
Posted by Michael David Smith on January 17, 2012, 3:40 PM EST
drekirkpatrick

Former Alabama cornerback Dre Kirkpatrick, who is widely viewed as a first-round prospect in this year’s NFL draft, has been arrested for possession of marijuana.

The web site for the Sheriff’s Office in Manatee County, Florida, lists Kirkpatrick as having been arrested at 12:48 a.m. today for possession of less than 20 grams of cannabis. He was released after posting $120 bond.

Kirkpatrick, who announced last week that he is leaving Alabama for the NFL, is considered one of the top defensive players in the class of 2012. The eight mock drafts posted at NFL.com all have Kirkpatrick going in the Top 10.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... ossession/

Could this cause him to slide down to the Lions @ 23? Would he be worth the pick if still there? Thoughts on Dre?

January 18th, 2012, 10:51 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

Post Re: Cornerbacks
I don't have too much of a problem with something like this. He'll have to do his combine contrition bit, and hopefully he'll check out fine. Janoris Jenkins has some marijuana related issues on his record as well. Will this cause them to fall... I'm not sure. We all forget that CJ admitted at the combine that he smokes/d weed, and it hasn't been an issue for him going forward. There are some guys who are morons and get caught, and some who just get caught. We don't know which Kirkpatrick is, but if it benefits the Lions draft, then awesome. I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on him if he was there.

January 18th, 2012, 11:18 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

He will likely slip out of the top ten but I doubt he'd get by Cincy or Dallas. Carolina might still take him with #8 with the way their defense was torched this season. If he did slip into the middle of the draft you might also see Belichick buck the trend of trading back and move up to get a CB to help that terrible secondary that was on the field for the Patriots.

January 18th, 2012, 11:59 am
RIP Killer

I don't think this will affect his draft status one iota. Teams know they have current players on their roster who smoke pot in the off-season. The amount they found, coupled with his not having any prior issues will mean teams will pass it off as nothing. I still see him going top 10.

January 18th, 2012, 5:03 pm
Team MVP

If he fell to the Lions, which I doubt he will, I would most definetly take him, absolutely.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 19th, 2012, 3:13 pm
RIP Killer

kdsberman wrote:
If he fell to the Lions, which I doubt he will, I would most definetly take him, absolutely.

He won't. The Lions would have to move up to get him, probably in the top 12 or 15. Personally, I don't see him dropping out of the top ten.

The only CB worth their pick, talent wise, is Janoris Jenkins, whom I hope the Lions pass on. If it's a CB they want, they should trade down to late first, early second round and take either Hosley or Minnifield.

At 23, there's a couple players who intrigue me. Peter Konz, if he's fully healed, would be one. Future center, and has the size to play guard in his first year. If not him, Vontaz Burfict, if he interviews well and understands that he can't be getting flagged all the time for personal fouls, would be a great pick. Also if he's still on the board, Mark Barron would be a strong consideration for safety improvement.

January 20th, 2012, 10:04 am
Color Commentator - John Madden

m2karateman wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

He won't. The Lions would have to move up to get him, probably in the top 12 or 15. Personally, I don't see him dropping out of the top ten.

The only CB worth their pick, talent wise, is Janoris Jenkins, whom I hope the Lions pass on. If it's a CB they want, they should trade down to late first, early second round and take either Hosley or Minnifield.

At 23, there's a couple players who intrigue me. Peter Konz, if he's fully healed, would be one. Future center, and has the size to play guard in his first year. If not him, Vontaz Burfict, if he interviews well and understands that he can't be getting flagged all the time for personal fouls, would be a great pick. Also if he's still on the board, Mark Barron would be a strong consideration for safety improvement.

I support the Peter Konz pick 100%. He played in the Rose Bowl, so I can't imagine that he wouldn't check out fine at his Combine physical. Burfict would be pretty sweet too, but I have some minor reservations about him. I've seen some mocks where Barron doesn't make it past the Jets.

January 20th, 2012, 11:43 am
Pop Warner Vet

I saw some speculation of taking Ben Jones in the 3rd round. Taking the 2nd ranked center in the 3rd round would allow us to focus on CB (if there are any by the time we pick). Burfict does seem like a good pick and may be the BPA at that point.

January 20th, 2012, 2:20 pm
RIP Killer

Wayne Fontes wrote:
m2karateman wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

I support the Peter Konz pick 100%. He played in the Rose Bowl, so I can't imagine that he wouldn't check out fine at his Combine physical. Burfict would be pretty sweet too, but I have some minor reservations about him. I've seen some mocks where Barron doesn't make it past the Jets.

I've seen Barron going to the Jets as well. It will depend on his speed at the Combines and workouts. Anything 4.6 or below should get him nabbed around there. However, the Jets may be more in the market for a linebacker or thinking right tackle, since Wayne Hunter was a joke. They might also be considering a wide receiver, since it seems Santonio Holmes earned the enmity of the entire franchise and they have little else to throw to.

All sorts of possibilities.....

January 20th, 2012, 3:21 pm
Team MVP

m2karateman wrote:
kdsberman wrote:

M2, I think me and you have about the exact same draft hopes. And I too hope they pass on Jenkins. My top two guys at 23 are Konz and Burfict. I think both are big needs and both could start immediately.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

January 20th, 2012, 5:47 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

I think Burfict is a HUGE risk/reward type of pick. Do the Lions have the luxury of gambling with such a high selection? I believe Mayhew wouldn't have a problem with it, as long as the coaching staff was confident that they could get his head screwed on straight.

January 21st, 2012, 11:53 am
All State

Actually this is a pretty deep draft for corners , I think we can get a pretty good corner later in the draft ..

January 21st, 2012, 2:16 pm
Team MVP

liontrax wrote:
I think Burfict is a HUGE risk/reward type of pick. Do the Lions have the luxury of gambling with such a high selection? I believe Mayhew wouldn't have a problem with it, as long as the coaching staff was confident that they could get his head screwed on straight.

Hopefully they bring him in for a workout/interview. That SHOULD tell a lot.

January 21st, 2012, 4:38 pm
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Detroit_LIons wrote:
Actually this is a pretty deep draft for corners , I think we can get a pretty good corner later in the draft ..

right on. I think we should just go BPA in the first round again. It's gotten us this far...

January 21st, 2012, 6:44 pm
Team MVP

Killwill25 wrote:
Detroit_LIons wrote:

right on. I think we should just go BPA in the first round again. It's gotten us this far...

I agree about the BPA part. But as far as getting a pretty good corner later in the draft, im not totally convinced that player would be an upgrade. MAYBE HE WILL. No one knows. And im not saying you are implying this, but it seems a lot of people assume that just because you draft someone, even if its in the first round, that its an automatic upgrade at that particular position.

But, you dont know unless you try.

January 22nd, 2012, 8:37 am
Reply to topic   [ 144 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next