View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently November 24th, 2014, 9:46 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 M2K 2.0 
Varsity Captain

Post M2K 2.0
Not bad at all. However, one glaring thing needs to be addressed.

After choosing Jon Martin at 23 you never mentioned him in you comments. If the previous 22 play out as you called, I'd take S Harrison Smith. Martin would be a decent pick but I think Smith will give better returns and sooner.

2nd rd. BPA in DE, OLB, OL. Then use that 3 we got for Hill to fill the remaining 2 spots. Lamar Miller maybe. Or stay away from backs, sign Cedric Benson and have a field day with those two 3s. Just thinking, I think

April 19th, 2012, 11:10 pm
RIP Killer

Post Re: M2K 2.0
Boz wrote:
Not bad at all. However, one glaring thing needs to be addressed.

After choosing Jon Martin at 23 you never mentioned him in you comments. If the previous 22 play out as you called, I'd take S Harrison Smith. Martin would be a decent pick but I think Smith will give better returns and sooner.

Unfortunately when I cut and paste what I wrote into the Articles thread, I didn't notice that I accidentally left off half of my write up for the Lions. I tried to mention all their possible picks (corner, safety, or DE) other than Martin.

It reads like this:
Since Barron and the top three corners are off the board in this mock, the next logical choice is for the Lions to go BPA and fill a future need all at once. Jon Martin falls due to some concerns about lack of aggression and upper body strength, but technically he's very sound and would allow the Lions to secure their left tackle spot for the foreseeable future once Jeff Backus retires or is released.

Boz wrote:
2nd rd. BPA in DE, OLB, OL. Then use that 3 we got for Hill to fill the remaining 2 spots. Lamar Miller maybe. Or stay away from backs, sign Cedric Benson and have a field day with those two 3s. Just thinking, I think

I don't understand what "3" you are talking about. Did we trade Hill and I not know about it? I just read yesterday that Sammie Lee Hill signed his tender offer and is working out at the Lions facility.

Cedric Benson is used up, and I wouldn't touch him. Pead in the third round replaces Maurice Morris on the roster. Last year the Lions started the season with four running backs on the roster, and I feel they will do the same this year. Pead is the fourth guy. If they don't select a RB, either they feel they didn't have an opportunity to get value with the pick, or they like Jocquie Bell.

Remember, it's just a mock....

April 20th, 2012, 9:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]