View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently April 18th, 2014, 6:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Biggest Need next year? 
Team MVP

Post Re: Biggest Need next year?
LionsFan4Life wrote:
I'd like to see that LB out of ND in the Heisman hunt.. Mantai Tao(sp?). Talk about a leader and gifted LB.

Id like to see him in the Heisman hunt, AND in a Lions uniform.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

December 3rd, 2012, 3:19 pm
QB Coach

kdsberman wrote:
LionsFan4Life wrote:
I'd like to see that LB out of ND in the Heisman hunt.. Mantai Tao(sp?). Talk about a leader and gifted LB.

Id like to see him in the Heisman hunt, AND in a Lions uniform.

Agreed. By all accounts he's a great all around guy, and he's a pretty damn good LB.

Also, he is in the hunt for the heisman. He's one of 3 finalists. I'm biased (see my username), but I think he should win.

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.

December 5th, 2012, 3:05 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

I HATE Notre Dame.... and I think Teo should win the Heisman. The Offensive Bias for Heisman is retarded. Teo is the heart and soul of maybe the Best D in the country , and showed up time and again on KEY PLAYS in BIG GAMES like many of the 4th and Goal stops ND made this year.

Would be happy to have him as aLion although id rather have a top CB or Safety based on needs.

December 5th, 2012, 4:04 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Team MVP

Another reason I really want Te'o is because of his leadership. You can't argue this team needs a little more of that.

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

December 5th, 2012, 5:35 pm
Butkus Award Winner

Looks like the BCS game will be very telling since wel see Teo and Milliner.

December 6th, 2012, 9:44 am
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Barett Jones should be playing also who is an OL I wanted us to look at since he can play any position on the line (and play it well).

December 6th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Veteran General Manager

9 Carolina Panthers Luke Kuechly LB Boston College 2012 So Far So good.
2 Denver Broncos Von Miller LB Texas A&M 2011 Average
7 San Francisco 49ers Aldon Smith LB Missouri 2011 Pretty good but, he is better because of Willis.
8 Oakland Raiders Rolando McClain MLB Alabama 2010 Bust
4 Seattle Seahawks Aaron Curry LB Wake Forest 2009 Epic Bust
6 New York Jets Vernon Gholston LB Ohio State 2008 Epic Bust
9 Cincinnati Bengals Keith Rivers OLB USC 2008 Really Good
10 New England Patriots Jerod Mayo ILB Tennessee 2008 Average
No top 10 overall LBers in 2007 Patrick Willis went #11 overall.
9 Detroit Lions Ernie Sims OLB Florida State 2006 Epic Fail
No top 10 overall LBers in 2005 D. Ware and S. Merriman went 11 and 12 overall
No top 10 overall LBers in 2004. J. Vilma went #12 overall.
10 Baltimore Ravens Terrell Suggs OLB Arizona State 2003 Outstanding --- But, how much did Ray Lewis help him?
In 2002, the 1st LBer didn't go until #23 overall.

So there were 10 LBers taken in the top ten in the last 10 years. If a good to great LB = a win and a bust = a loss and an average = a tie, the record stands at 4-4-2. Better than I thought. But, an utter crap shoot to take a LBer in the top 10 overall.

Having researched this, I actually feel better about it if the Lions actually do draft Teo. But, I still want a shut down CB in the 1st and a Safety in the 2nd. It is always possible to find a really good LBer later in the draft. Not so for CB and Safety.

December 8th, 2012, 10:22 am
Team MVP

Billy, you have Von miller as average? I think he's much better than average.

Still, very good write up.

It's going to take a lot to convince me to not take Te'o, especially considering there is not a shutdown corner in this draft as of now, and definitely not a Eric berry or earl thomas value safety.

December 8th, 2012, 4:11 pm
Butkus Award Winner

BillySims wrote:
7 San Francisco 49ers Aldon Smith LB Missouri 2011 Pretty good but, he is better because of Willis.
10 Baltimore Ravens Terrell Suggs OLB Arizona State 2003 Outstanding --- But, how much did Ray Lewis help him?

So there were 10 LBers taken in the top ten in the last 10 years. If a good to great LB = a win and a bust = a loss and an average = a tie, the record stands at 4-4-2. Better than I thought. But, an utter crap shoot to take a LBer in the top 10 overall.

Having researched this, I actually feel better about it if the Lions actually do draft Teo. But, I still want a shut down CB in the 1st and a Safety in the 2nd. It is always possible to find a really good LBer later in the draft. Not so for CB and Safety.

Mark my words; unless Dee Milliner plays absolutely lights out in the BCS game, the Lions will not take a DB first round without a trade-up. BPA, and this years class of DBs is average at best.

December 8th, 2012, 9:16 pm
Team MVP

Shotty wrote:
BillySims wrote:

Mark my words; unless Dee Milliner plays absolutely lights out in the BCS game, the Lions will not take a DB first round without a trade-up. BPA, and this years class of DBs is average at best.

I agree, and one thing that sticks out to me is how we drafted three CBs last April. Does anyone really think the coaching staff is ready to give up on them already? Especially with the potential of Chris greenwood who hasn't even seen the field yet.

Milliner looks good, but still doesn't stick out THAT much to me. I'm still hoping the guy we draft is Manti Te'o.

December 8th, 2012, 9:55 pm
Butkus Award Winner

kdsberman wrote:
Shotty wrote:
BillySims wrote:

I agree, and one thing that sticks out to me is how we drafted three CBs last April. Does anyone really think the coaching staff is ready to give up on them already? Especially with the potential of Chris greenwood who hasn't even seen the field yet.

Milliner looks good, but still doesn't stick out THAT much to me. I'm still hoping the guy we draft is Manti Te'o.

I wouldn't mind T'eo, but those stats about the LB bust ratio scare me. A few guys I'd not mind seeing picked ahead of T'eo are Luke Joeckel (great tackle, great potential), or Bjoern Werner (best 4-3 DE, would allow some more freedom when KVB and/or Avril are gone).

December 9th, 2012, 1:18 am
Team MVP

Shotty wrote:
kdsberman wrote:
Shotty wrote:
BillySims wrote:

I wouldn't mind T'eo, but those stats about the LB bust ratio scare me. A few guys I'd not mind seeing picked ahead of T'eo are Luke Joeckel (great tackle, great potential), or Bjoern Werner (best 4-3 DE, would allow some more freedom when KVB and/or Avril are gone).

Trust me, you know my feelings about Werner. But if we drafted another tackle in the first round, I will probably break the computer im typing on right now.

December 9th, 2012, 5:59 am
RIP Killer

Billy, did you call Von miller average? Have you ever seen a broncos game? The guy is a beast. Sorry, but I stopped reading your post after that because that was an epic fail

December 11th, 2012, 7:59 pm
QB Coach

conversion02 wrote:
Billy, did you call Von miller average? Have you ever seen a broncos game? The guy is a beast. Sorry, but I stopped reading your post after that because that was an epic fail

Agreed. Miller is an absolute stud. One of the best in the game.

http://www.11points.com/Books/11_Things ... _Do_Anyway

LET'S GO DUKE!

If you don't like gay marriage, don't get one.

December 11th, 2012, 10:45 pm
League MVP

I dont get the Te'o pick for the Lions. I think OT is still a possibility because Reiff hasnt looked that good except as a run blocker which to me means he might be a RT. The OT prospects in this draft are supposedly pretty strong. Maybe Reiff should be playing so Mayhew knows what he needs to draft. Outside of that I dont see us taking an offensive player with that pick. I see Milliner as a very real possibility, I dont really care if he s not Patrick Peterson as long as he s not Jacob Lacey or post prime Drayton Florence. Milliner is a first day starter if the Lions take him. I think the real pick however will be at DE where backup vets LoJack and Willie Young havent stepped up and coming back with Avril and KVB might be a $17 mill/season cap hit...

December 12th, 2012, 7:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 195 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next