View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently September 3rd, 2014, 12:43 am

Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Lions Pick Fifth 
Fired Head Coach (0-16 record)

Post Re: Lions Pick Fifth
After watching Raiola piss around for the last 10+ years, I am starting to lean towards Barrett Jones. He may be the closest thing to a sure thing.

January 8th, 2013, 1:17 pm
Player of the Year - Defense

Killwill25 wrote:
After watching Raiola piss around for the last 10+ years, I am starting to lean towards Barrett Jones. He may be the closest thing to a sure thing.

He requires surgery for a Linsfranc injury, so that's not going to help his stock.

January 8th, 2013, 1:31 pm
Hall of Fame Player

njroar wrote:
Killwill25 wrote:

He requires surgery for a Linsfranc injury, so that's not going to help his stock.

That should make him available in the 3rd then LOL.

January 8th, 2013, 1:46 pm

I Love Barrett Jones as a Player, but Lisfranc surgery scares the crap out of me. Too many "never got back to peak performance" stories with the history of the Lisfranc IMO. I wanted him before knowing what surgery he had coming, but that would be enough for me to say no. Can the Lions afford to have him not pan out if they take him in the top 3 rds where he is bound to go?

January 8th, 2013, 2:50 pm
Profile ICQ WWW
Team MVP

Wait...lisfranc injury? When did that happen? I didnt watch the 2nd half of the game last night, so did it happen then?

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

Lionbacker2 Fantasy Champion 2011

January 8th, 2013, 4:23 pm
5th Round Pick - Traded

kdsberman wrote:
Wait...lisfranc injury? When did that happen? I didnt watch the 2nd half of the game last night, so did it happen then?

Believe he played the game that way, shows his toughness, playing with injury. Think he could fall to the 4th or later, because of it.

January 8th, 2013, 6:13 pm

No he was playing injured and as much talent as Jones has I'd stay away from him with as much as he has been banged up. Now I would look at "War Machine," not at #5 but defiantly would be at the top of the list for OL if that were the way they wanted to go in the 1st round. Trade back into the #15 range or back up of he was still there in the 20's. I think if you put him next to Reiff at LG then LT would be fine with Reiff. I think the Jets are going to be in salary cap trouble with Sanchez so maybe they could get their pock and Harris and reach for Smith or Barclay if one or both are there at #5. That would be one step closer to getting in position to take Warmack.

January 8th, 2013, 6:23 pm
Team MVP

sweetd20 wrote:
No he was playing injured and as much talent as Jones has I'd stay away from him with as much as he has been banged up. Now I would look at "War Machine," not at #5 but defiantly would be at the top of the list for OL if that were the way they wanted to go in the 1st round. Trade back into the #15 range or back up of he was still there in the 20's. I think if you put him next to Reiff at LG then LT would be fine with Reiff. I think the Jets are going to be in salary cap trouble with Sanchez so maybe they could get their pock and Harris and reach for Smith or Barclay if one or both are there at #5. That would be one step closer to getting in position to take Warmack.

You would never hear me complain if we drafted Warmack. Not at 5 of course, but if we traded down (which we SHOULD do).

April 22nd, 2010 @ 7:44p.m. "The Detroit Lions select...Ndamukong Suh". Those are some beautiful words.

January 8th, 2013, 6:42 pm
RIP Killer

Well, the 5th pick won't be Lewan, he's staying put for another year

January 9th, 2013, 8:17 pm
conversion02 wrote:
Well, the 5th pick won't be Lewan, he's staying put for another year

#1 LT in next year's draft! Go Blue!!! :idea: :arrow:

Doesn't look like we're going to have an opportunity to land Joekel either, he's largely regarded as the best prospect on the board. I'd love to trade down, but I don't see it happening. Once again, we're right behind the "sweet spot" of talent, unless somehow the #1 Qb or something falls that far, but I don't see it. My biggest hope is, if we DO draft a DE, that he really is the best DE in the draft, and WORTH the #5 pick, and not one good guy in a pool that ends up getting outplayed by a guy drafted 15-35 picks later.

I don't think there is a CB or safety worth the #5 pick. Trade back and grab one would be my preference at this point.

January 10th, 2013, 1:49 pm
Heisman Winner

I think I'd rather take a crack a Milliner at #5 or even Warmack as opposed to settling for the #3 DE in the pool as WJB calls it. Make a pick if there is not good trade down to be had if you find the value to be not as high as you might wish. You cannot draft value that is not there. The FO is under pressure, or at least we think so. We might see more reaching this year than in the past.

Lots of years we talk on this board and we speculate which CB is not worth drafting so high. If they can really play (or teams think they can) , they do go early. #5 is about the perfect spot to pick a CB in my mind. If Milliner is only worth the #8 spot, pick him and move along. The Lions are dying year after year in the D backfield. Maybe this year an impact player will be there when they pick...

January 12th, 2013, 1:44 am
Team MVP

jrd66 wrote:
I think I'd rather take a crack a Milliner at #5 or even Warmack as opposed to settling for the #3 DE in the pool as WJB calls it. Make a pick if there is not good trade down to be had if you find the value to be not as high as you might wish. You cannot draft value that is not there. The FO is under pressure, or at least we think so. We might see more reaching this year than in the past.

Lots of years we talk on this board and we speculate which CB is not worth drafting so high. If they can really play (or teams think they can) , they do go early. #5 is about the perfect spot to pick a CB in my mind. If Milliner is only worth the #8 spot, pick him and move along. The Lions are dying year after year in the D backfield. Maybe this year an impact player will be there when they pick...

If WJB is referring to Bjoern Werner as the #3 DE in the pool, he's on crack.

January 12th, 2013, 8:54 am

Aldon Smith was the third pass rusher and JJ Watt the fourth taken in the 2011 Draft. Would be nice to have either of them on our team, wouldn't it?

January 12th, 2013, 11:47 am
Team MVP

thelomasbrowns wrote:
Aldon Smith was the third pass rusher and JJ Watt the fourth taken in the 2011 Draft. Would be nice to have either of them on our team, wouldn't it?

It would be very nice to have them. But at the time leading up to the 2011 draft no one knew they would arguably be the best of the bunch.

January 12th, 2013, 1:25 pm
Butkus Award Winner

kdsberman wrote:
thelomasbrowns wrote:

It would be very nice to have them. But at the time leading up to the 2011 draft no one knew they would arguably be the best of the bunch.

Exactly, and Aldon Smith is very overrated. 0 sacks in 3 games since Justin Smith went out. JJ Watt on the other hand would make our defensive line one of the best ever.

January 12th, 2013, 1:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next